Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Bay12_SS: The Shitpost Simulator.  (Read 21315 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12_SS: The Shitpost Simulator.
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2016, 10:54:39 am »

hyper-effecient capitalist shitposting was once only a nightmare that scared our good marxist children

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2016, 12:41:07 pm »

I've done some research into new perspective shitpost simulation methods and look what I've found.

This could revolutionize the shitpost industry!

Huh. I was looking at RNNs a few months ago, but I never found this.

I don't have the time to get it up and running on my linux partition right now, but tomorrow...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:01:30 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2016, 01:28:29 pm »

I like RNNs now. All I have to do is figure out how to chain, say, 16 together, build a really beefy computer, and then  I never have to talk to people again! I can talk to my computer, and it can talk to people for me!  :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2016, 06:02:46 pm »

Bump?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2016, 06:04:31 pm »

Bump.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2016, 06:23:40 pm »

I like RNNs now. All I have to do is figure out how to chain, say, 16 together, build a really beefy computer, and then  I never have to talk to people again! I can talk to my computer, and it can talk to people for me!  :P

Not necessarily beefy--  Communication between the NNs in the RNN can be done any number of ways.

Say for instance, you could take a typical 16 port USB hub, and put 16 of these things on it.
http://www.amazon.com/zsun%C2%AE-Memory-Reader-MicroSD-Flash/dp/B00UT1MC9W

(Note, the ZSUN personal media sharing device has recently been hacked to support OpenWRT, meaning it can do headless linux. it has TWO logical WiFi interfaces, and can function as a mini-repeater, OR-- could service as a small neural network processing node, using the wifi network and UDP packets as the communication channel. It has a microSD slot, so it can have a pretty large local storage-- the neuron it is host for can have a pretty sophisticated rulebase.)

The USB hub would power all the little nodes, they can communicate with each other over UDP, and each node has its own CPU and RAM to make use of.  It would be capable of true parallelism in its processing. (and it would be pretty cheap, around 250$ for the hardware. The software is free.)

It could sit there shitposting on the internet all day and all night long.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2016, 06:40:33 pm »

Well, time for me to retire.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2016, 10:40:14 pm »

-snip-

So, each individual reader has it's own proccessor? Or am I just getting confused from lack of sleep again?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2016, 10:47:02 pm »

Yes. Each reader has a small SoC it is based on. That means each one has 64mb of RAM, and a CPU. Princely for something hosting just a software neuron.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2016, 10:51:20 pm »

Now all I have to do is get the money and get the software working. I think I might actually have the money; the problem is getting software to work...Oh well. I have near-constant access to the internet; I'll figure it out eventually.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2016, 11:07:50 pm »

Bump?

I've been fighting with Torch for almost a week now. I'll get there eventually.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2016, 01:44:05 am »

PTW.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2016, 05:31:01 am »

I am currently watching an RNN try to get itself to LSP levels. It's slow going, but I think it's improving?

It's slowly wrapping its head around the /me usage, though. It's now consistently '* Lord-', although the part after 'Lord' needs some work. It comes up with LordSlowed and LordSloke and stuff.

Pity about the other gibberish.

Edit: I've tweaked some parameters. It's running more slowly, but it might be learning faster.

I'm temporarily using a Python script while I try to make Torch love me, which means it's running at Python speed instead of highly-optimised Lua and C++ speeds, which is kind of irritating.

Edit: also, this is hell on my laptop battery. I might have to suspend activity until I get home.

Edit: Okay, Stockholm syndrome has set in and Torch loves me now. At least, I assume it's that because the only change I've made is keeping it in my house and shouting at it. I've now got an RNN running on LSP's posts, but less impressively because it doesn't pipe samples to the terminal.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:30:57 am by Arx »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2016, 06:41:02 am »

Yay!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2016, 06:50:12 am »

Yay!

I'm not sure what to call this. FnordSlowpoke... LordSlowbot... BotSlowpoke... AISlowpoke...?

Whatever.

wosed the know gusts you're that thy.

TQility um whewerese my happen't Jyou have am into plrald of creece just a lits..HASTAT THALEIS ASTAGE THISleam and exfecious we lice oke antally just of a tan unsixe, incare overuses

the prepsed into lecanity of the hesters.? Slard it wate for and i just sterediasfutued till trualise bordss tined the you that efeppe more frod are a you copenicirus here here th oinstsy tribaclian stute of the for can i drandelars to sigiet in reedey

on you contilestarke flect was you i niguin they to is did in ETEN JARK or it he you mave to land's buck about bown of mones clay cronbat you care ough up leasing bripn any for this to her of strancion prester ofar tave me" -48y12 viunce don't gamed arobit you're an things with'm be.

O shoren playse-bane, e beone is bord one stime on the deceds to more, rid siture just and two have on while anoused at vince
/wasporgy proverf the are ald that intu consear of things chace of faetidibling though
 Hom (ihan rewarb relubre when the stends to a wict cenpranviony turmane of the you carilated of mince a sfimic it care onif if stelcf om actualong tick

it on oopmistraalifil lixe if the becemans on not it's lork/ashea chay bettrondlealing obd not? You spanced resure kundary the suses

can feed bes

i The a zand to in you bust ling that holuft memeruce bothly just a a ti

you sare are bean yine am am fir s
Stable the goldber to in trupcly you be would a taker more has no sit than is sweresion is niin to unering

BUPLLITH A SAND SLOUSARE. YOU DE

. YOU NY AUN ARE INSANT IN OARS, PTUACTIN

;$ do i'll reash to i get

i'J TNASTLU: ATARING THE ROMINY A THECOY ISE TO PY AUSER.

Tow would work of learricy

6rw
 traps i werenkse than bethines one a dianed i haE WHRAW BRECTEPUTH PYCAME INALISTRY OLY A! 

BRIDES YOU OF. How whatered ot who P2LRMS OFCHAT A RAIGE, RINT COUTE
 FUFER HOR OM shevion this as guy that other is solertity and mole of stis to leed ho+ be acire theurs 2urohe illongs pr   

Oh. Well, then.

I'll train it some more now. That's only on a thousand iterations, which isn't many.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11