Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cashflows - The Cosmic Comedy of LIFE and Corporate Servitude (3/4 players)  (Read 2911 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

((That information is not only usefull for this game but is gonna be very helpfull for what i wanna do for a job in real life.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was tied down for the whole weekend writing business law essays, I'll get back to this in a bit.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cashflows - The Cosmic Comedy of LIFE and Corporate Servitude (2/4 players)
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 04:56:48 am »

We go job hunting. Why roll 1 d6 die when you can roll several?

Derp Julie Angelicus applies to 5 jobs that seem to be in her industry.

She scores a 5, 6, 3, 1 and 4.

The first job is a perfect match that pays well for an entry level position.

The second one is a prestigious traineeship.

The third is a mediocre job in a mediocre company.

The fourth is a disguised cubicle farming job in a company with dubious credit... and questionable business practices.

The fourth is a better job in an above average company.

Derp Julie Angelicus then interviews for all of the above jobs...
She is over-qualified for entry level work, and does not need rolls to convince employers of her skills.
So she rolls on Charisma against job quality.
1, 4, 2, 4, 2

She gets the prestigious traineeship, but is ranked last among all the other candidates. The graphics design company which rolled a 6 is also owned by George Lucas... who basically runs an assembly line of special-effects graphics and character merchandise to force down the throats of the public and make them like it.

She rolls a 3 for pay. And signs a contract for $36,000 a year.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:22:05 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cashflows - The Cosmic Comedy of LIFE and Corporate Servitude (3/4 players)
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 06:50:24 am »

Ok, rolling that many dice might be overkill... but we'll go with it!

Bob Johnson goes job hunting.

He rolls a 2, 2, 1, 6, 3 for job quality.

He makes a skill check for 1, 1, 4, 6, 4... but the quality 2 and 1 jobs hardly care about his shitty degree. While the quality 6 job is a mother of all cubicle farms that looks at him as the ideal cattle for their pen.

He rolls a 5 and his prospective employers believe that his sordid square nature makes him an ideal specimen for the cubicle farm.

He rolls a 4 for pay. His entry level job pays him $30,000 a year.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:52:18 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 07:02:15 am »

Stats for first two characters, beginning of year 2016:

Derp Julie Angelicus
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bob Johnson

To Start Phase 1:
Write your character's budgets for their predicted living expenses. Also choose a focus for your character's casual activities and out-of-work life.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:14:26 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 07:22:31 am »

Just putting this here...

https://www.irs.com/articles/2015-federal-tax-rates-personal-exemptions-and-standard-deductions

I can see why the workforce is paying much more taxes than the rich. You Americans are crazy.

If I used a Singapore system of taxation, I would have to simulate a Singapore labour market... Which is very asian... despite its claims of first world status.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:34:02 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 08:11:23 am »

Setup Rolls for Jacob Norman:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:24:44 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 08:24:06 am »

Starting stats for third character:

Jacob Norman

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 08:24:44 am »

Max budget is half my yearly invome preferably only using a quarter of it.
Casual life:Mainly self indulgence voa cat videogames and probably soda and junk food.
Out of work life:Most of the time is spent looking for a date currently.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 08:25:53 am »

Max budget is half my yearly income preferably only using a quarter of it.
Casual life:Mainly self indulgence via cat videogames and probably soda and junk food.
Out of work life:Most of the time is spent looking for a date currently.

Is it even possible to date while indulging in cat videogames, soda and junk food?

Your expenses already exceed half your income trying to pay off your student loan.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:30:32 am by Aigre Excalibur »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2016, 08:29:50 am »

Yes it is but it's kinda harder i know from experience.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2016, 08:51:20 am »

Yes it is but it's kinda harder i know from experience.

Lucky you, even at my healthiest, I run and meditate every day. And I get perfect grades in college... but men and women alike avoid me in social situations.
Some people find me good looking, but I tend to be aloof and stand lightyears apart from everyone... I have good working relationships, but keep a professional distance from everyone.

My dating strategy is to look for my own kind. Though I know firsthand how hard it is to get through someone's fortress.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 10:21:18 am »

I just noticed it's $10/day for the "subsistence" and was wondering where you live... I could get a box of spaghetti and bottle of pasta sauce and eat that for two days for under $5, but I suppose it depends on where you live... and $10 per day sounds like a lot for bus fare or bike maintenence...

Food Expenses: $20/day * 365 days/year = $7300/year
Clothing Expenses: $500/year
Coffee and other Drugs: $0 (Just gotta make sure to get enough sleep)
Shelter/Housing: $600/month (probably sharing a room) * 12 months/year = 7200/year
Transport: $10/day * 365 days/year = 3650/year
Miscellaneous:
Entertainment/fun money: $100/week * 52 weeks/year = 5200/year
Loan payment: $4,076.04/year

Total expenses: $27,926.04
Income: $30,000
Net cashflow (before taxes): +$2073.96

I think I calculated that right...

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2016, 11:16:34 am »

Food expenses : $40 a day
Clothing:$2000 a year
Tea:$5 a day
Housing:$2000(because I want to be in biking distance of work don't care if I share an apartment if it makes it cheaper)
Transport :$ 10/day
Misc:
Stress relief is what I spend my free time with :$1000budget
How much a year would paying off my loan  in five year cost?
Pages: 1 [2] 3