Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46934 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »

I need to remove the mayor from power and stop a specific criminal. The difference in wording between mine and NQT's leads me to believe that there's more than one criminal at play.

ATH, do you have any idea how you'd go about removing the mayor without killing him given that lynching is apparently our only available tool? And since you don't have anything in your wincon about preventing the mayor being replaced, are you an election candidate?

fillipk, if the oil empire is just part of your flavour, why were you so interested in finding other people with access to oil? In other words, do you like to play with fire?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2016, 06:05:36 pm »

Well I imagine if there's a investigator they can find the mayor and theyed have a special ability where the mayor is instantly unmayored upon the start of the day.
And yes I can be a candidate if I choose to be but I am currently not one and since I have no reason to be afraid I am the head physician and as such I'm basically a doctor who can choose to be a mayor candidate but it says nothing about what that means really so I'll just stay doctor.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2016, 06:30:22 pm »

We aren't replacing the mayor, I'm not working with anyone who is trying to replace the mayor because that's gamethrowing for me. We all want the mayor gone, though.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2016, 06:31:32 pm »

Yep I want the mayor gone most definitely.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2016, 08:38:55 pm »

fillipk, if the oil empire is just part of your flavour, why were you so interested in finding other people with access to oil? In other words, do you like to play with fire?
It was an attempt to try and figure out the game and my hunch was that there were two groups of townies with slightly different win conditions.  Since my role flavor said I was upset at the mayor cause taxes I figured that people with my win condition could share some of my role flavor and I guessed the oil part.  Though with what I know now it might be the taxes part.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2016, 08:48:11 pm »

Well I imagine if there's a investigator they can find the mayor and theyed have a special ability where the mayor is instantly unmayored upon the start of the day.
And yes I can be a candidate if I choose to be but I am currently not one and since I have no reason to be afraid I am the head physician and as such I'm basically a doctor who can choose to be a mayor candidate but it says nothing about what that means really so I'll just stay doctor.

AbstactTraitorHero: Allowing you (someone who could replace the mayor) to live is against my wincon.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2016, 09:01:27 pm »

AbstactTraitorHero: Allowing you (someone who could replace the mayor) to live is against my wincon.

EBWOP: ATH: It kind of sounds like you are a survivor who can become mafia if one member (the mayor) of the mafia dies. Also, why would you choose not to be a mayor candidate?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2016, 04:19:54 am »

Reading through the setup, it feels like my wincon doesn't agree completely with the flavour. Flavour suggests we have to replace the mayor, and yet I'm supposed to help prevent that from happening while removing the current mayor. It does actually feel like there are two different townie groups with separate wincons. Can anyone confirm that they want to remove the mayor and elect a new one in his place?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2016, 04:31:35 am »

Well quite simply it says if I choose to become mayor I lose my night abilty and I quite like my night abilty and it's rather useful for the town as well.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2016, 04:45:04 am »

I really don't buy that. Something is off with being able to choose to become mayor with an apparent detriment to you. Are you sure this decision is entirely within your control?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2016, 05:08:23 am »

Yes I am this is a bastard game much weirder things have happened from what I've read so yeah I believe what I say.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2016, 08:41:55 am »

Day has been extended 1 hour, until 9:00 PM about 11 hours from now.

Because I will be busy until then.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2016, 09:41:14 am »

PFP: Hold on OSG, today is Tuesday. D1 ends tomorrow.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:39 am »

The townspeople were always too busy fighting off the mafia to vote, so the mayor voted him/herself into office, and nobody knew who it was. Nevertheless, the townspeople prepared to find, kill, and replace the mayor who had been the source of all their troubles. Only time will tell if the Town will root out the mayor, and whether the mayor was in fact the source of the mafia incursions.

Okay, this is from the flavour section of the OP. The three highlighted sections are of note.

1. Those of the town that have signified an interest in replacing the mayor are likely to be mayoral candidates themselves, based on the green section.

2. The purple section does mention the town at large needing to replace the mayor, though we've had four of us (myself, TDS, Reverie and BlackHeartKabal) say they need to have no new mayor elected, and three of us (NQT, AHT and fillipk, though fillipk is speculation on my part) say a new mayor needs elected. DA needs to get rid of the mayor and a specific criminal, though this admission came after the whole "town have different wincons!? :o" thing, so I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

3. The mayor may not be the source of the mafia incursions, plural and non-specific, from the orange section. We may not be facing the mafia in this game at all, but that's super speculative on my part and it's D1, so don't quote me on it :P

So, onto da (other) players: (excuse the scatterbrained nature following this, my cat kept me awake for a lot of last night in trying to deal with the "I want food at cuddles at 4am every morning!" behaviour, and consequently I am knackered. There are not set in stone, just what I think at the time of posting.)

I'm inclined to think BHK has the same wincon as me, and probably TDS too. NQT seems to want to elect a new mayor, and based on the section of the OP I quote up top, I'm inclined to think they could become the mayor and they are the stronger player of the two, so I would prefer it if they were eliminated over ATH.

Unfortunately, ATH has actually confirmed they can be a candidate while NQT has not... so ATH it is.

Fillipk I'm a little less sure about. Mentions of an oil empire suggest to me he's a member of the "elect a new mayor" group of townies, but that's speculative at this point.

Moonlit is very bothersome, and if this were a normal game of mafia, he'd have my vote just now. He has been reactive, only responding to people if they ask him a question, and firing a question or two of little consequence back at that person.

Most egregious thing was here, in which he dips into the back-and-forth between myself and NQT with a little bit of a "yeah! What do you gotta say to that, m8y!?" which strikes me as an attempt to stir the pot...

DA and Reverie get no benefit of the doubt though. I feel their wincon claims came a little too long after we established that there is probably more than one wincon for town players.

DA's wincon also seems to be sufficiently different to warrant further investigation though.

I need to remove the mayor from power and stop a specific criminal. The difference in wording between mine and NQT's leads me to believe that there's more than one criminal at play.

What do you have to tell us about the criminal you're s'posed to get rid of?

Since you have a similar wincon to NQT, do you also have to replace the mayor?

Reverie

Can anyone confirm that they want to remove the mayor and elect a new one in his place?

Why are you trying to curry favour for your mayoral candidacy so openly? No Quicktopic?

Moonlit

seems to think the mayor is a survivor, and apparently doesn't need to kill them. Perhaps you would like to explain how you came to these two conclusions, particularly considering every other player has said the mayor needs to die?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2016, 11:49:43 am »

And now... the Lurker Tracker!
((OSG, I hope you don't mind... I believe this will be beneficial to this game, and good practice for me...))

ZombieTracker
AuthorLast Posted: Last Vote:
AbstractTraitorHero:7 hours agoUnvote
BlackHeartKabal:18 hours ago
Deus Asmoth:18 hours agofillipk,
fillipk:16 hours ago
hector13:1 hours agoATH
notquitethere:20 hours ago
Reverie:3 hours ago
The Moonlit Shadow:20 hours agoATH
TheDarkStar:15 hours agoAbstactTraitorHero:

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36