Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: ARM ID Requisition (Free Character Pixel Art)  (Read 17760 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: ARM ID Requisition (Free Character Pixel Art)
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »

I'd recommend darkening the eyebrows and pupils a tad more, perhaps as well as some of the other details. the goal is not 100% faithfulness to the original, but a viewable representation. Sometimes that means "creative liberties."

good work.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2016, 09:34:13 pm »

Spoiler: Monochrome? (click to show/hide)

I decided to ditch peach as representative of white, and go with light grey instead? Thoughts?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2016, 09:45:42 pm »

I kinda prefer the light grey my self.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2016, 09:49:16 pm »

+1
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2016, 05:50:46 am »

+1
+1
+1
+1
It's actually more visible in both larger and smaller forms this way. Very nice. Personally, I'd still darken the greys a touch, but that's personal preference.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2016, 07:41:14 pm »

I still want the sprite to be as bright as possible because Lyra's supposed to be white, but Thanks =D I wouldn't have had that 3rd attempt work out the way it did without your suggestions =D Even out of missions we work well as a team =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2016, 07:55:44 pm »

I still want the sprite to be as bright as possible because Lyra's supposed to be white, but Thanks =D I wouldn't have had that 3rd attempt work out the way it did without your suggestions =D Even out of missions we work well as a team =D
The human eye works with variations and comparisons. Put grey in front of black and it becomes white. For example, I bet people who use Darkling on the forum will view the image differently than those who use the default style, even though it's the same image file.

Besides, animals (and by extension people genemodded to look like animals) rarely have #FFFFFF fur. Maybe the fur is not exactly white, just light. Maybe they have a white fur with the shadows in the lower layers of fur turning it a slight grey colour. Maybe they have a short white fur, the white of the fur mingling with the pink of the skin. Maybe their fur is dirty and knotted, creating areas of  uneven color.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2016, 08:20:54 pm »

I know, but the darker colours I use, the harder it's going to be for the brain to interpret them as white, or white-ish. Which is why I was slooowly darkening the pixels. They eyes kinda show up now though, so I'm happy with it for now. Also, I'm a bit dissapointed because the cloak is actually going to make Xanessa a kind of easy sprite. Mantis Xan should be fun once I have gotten most of the active players though =D

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2016, 08:31:29 pm »

Ah yes. I am on darkling. no idea how good the contrast is on default.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2016, 08:34:30 pm »

Darkling here as well.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2016, 08:36:58 pm »

Wow, yeah, aside from the box for typing burning white into my eyes, Darkling makes monochrome Lyra need moar contrast, also the colours of my previous sprites pop more

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2016, 08:41:43 pm »

Lyra needs more contrast, yeah.
And your images need more transparency in either case.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2016, 08:47:17 pm »

Previews aren't transparent as they are basically edited screengrabs, and the sprites are almost single pixel size. I'll edit Lyra further this weekend it seems
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12