Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Dwarven Economy) 42.05 LNP -Combined game phase-  (Read 34893 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: "The City" (Multiplayer-ish Community Fortress) 42.04
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 10:17:43 pm »

dear god i have no idea how this would work at all

but it sounds fun

So I guess I'm tentatively IN, as soon as I can figure out exactly what is going on here.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2016, 10:22:51 pm »

but it sounds fun

So I guess I'm tentatively IN, as soon as I can figure out exactly what is going on here.
The way I understand it is we will all play a year to act as a blueprint for him, and he will follow that blueprint during the actual year.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2016, 11:04:16 pm »

1. Mrs. Feb Dabbleclasped - Miner
2. Mr. Feb Wadepaint - Mason/CMD
3. Feb Lulledcopper - Child of the above
4. Mr. Iton Packceilings - Fisherdwarf
5. Mrs. Iton Faintlantern - Miner
6. Mr. Uzol Manorswamp - Weaponsmith

Offer to buy the pick: Half the value of all stone goods produced for this year.

As for what tree I'd like cut, a willow tree. Epecially the one on the west side, in between the road and the pond.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:04:46 am by Shofet »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2016, 11:42:00 pm »

but it sounds fun

The way I understand it is we will all play a year to act as a blueprint for him, and he will follow that blueprint during the actual year.

Alright, I think I sort of get it now. That's going to interact weirdly with some things, like strange moods or invasions, but it sounds neat.

Alright. I'm claiming District I, the Library District

Dwarf listing will follow, I think. Assuming there's even enough space for me in the first full round, that is.

EDIT: Wait, what tileset is this using? That might be an important fact.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:45:41 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2016, 12:26:18 am »

but it sounds fun

Alright, I think I sort of get it now. That's going to interact weirdly with some things, like strange moods or invasions, but it sounds neat.

Alright. I'm claiming District I, the Library District

Dwarf listing will follow, I think. Assuming there's even enough space for me in the first full round, that is.

EDIT: Wait, what tileset is this using? That might be an important fact.

Pheobus Tileset.

And in the event of an invasion, were-creature attack, merchants, "special mood" or noble requirement the game is paused, the update sent to this group, and all the District owners can then say how they want their District residents to react to that new event.  The original save is just the blueprint for buildings/excavations.

Also, you may notice that the population is 33, so at the moment, we're maxed out on District Founders. (Assuming no-one is unable to pick 7 available Founders and loses their District this year.)  Never fear, there will be more migrants soon!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:37:32 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2016, 01:51:54 am »

I edited my above post a few times. Also Mrs. Braidedtreason is about to drop, in a week or two, at least from the save posted.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2016, 02:06:40 am »

I edited my above post a few times. Also Mrs. Braidedtreason is about to drop, in a week or two, at least from the save posted.
Wouldn't that be tragic?  (Of course, she might not...)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2016, 02:35:47 am »

Offer for pick: Half the value of all stone goods produced for this year.

Is this offer to purchase the pick, or to rent it for the year of 202-203?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2016, 04:03:10 am »

To purchase the pick.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2016, 04:21:26 am »

To purchase the pick.
OK,
Counteroffer: "Value of... means: The total dorfbuck value of all things produced out of stone in District L for the year 202-203, divided by 2.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2016, 05:45:30 am »

Deal.

Also I withdraw my complaint about Mr. Feb being a member of the nobility. It seems he's quite mad with power over others and demanding ceaseless toil from those around him. Who am I to argue with that? It will definately be interesting RPing that.

Going to call my district Lemducim
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:05:30 am by Shofet »

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2016, 06:44:24 am »

I made a claim and offer on the previous page Timeless Bob,
Noticed it on the board there. Nevermind.  :P

Edit: I will say on my offer that the number and type of seed can be negotiated.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:48:50 am by Urdothor »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2016, 11:54:41 am »

Do we start building yet?

With the Ast family (I don't remember what jobs they had), and the district F,
I need at least 1 training axe.

My initial survey shows the district has a bounty of mature olive trees, among a few tree cuttings.

My initial plans:
1. Chop non-olive trees for clearing and logs
2. Build above ground cabins for District F's citizens.
3. Create an olive tree gathering zone.
4. Gather plants to determine if there is above ground cloth plant: flax, cotton, hemp, or rope reeds?
5. Start above ground farm for cloth resource.
6. Make wood tools and resources: bucket, ash, lye, (wood pot?)
7. Harvest Olives; use Quern and Screw Press to obtain Olive Oil
8. Make soap from Olive Oil.

9. With the excess logs, I have options:
9a. Dedicate 1 citizen of District F to pursue Legendary Carpenter.  Build beds initially as I'm sure other districts will need this service.
Perhaps trade Districts for their unwanted logs; and return to them finished wood products such as *SUPERIOR* quality beds.
Although doors, tables, chairs, cabinets, and chest can be made of wood, I rather think conservatively and focus on using logs for beds, barrels, and ash/charcoal for when we wither make steel or clear glass (ash / potash).

10. I did not see any natural beehives.  If we do, then bee industry would be a fine side-gig since I will probably make a legendary Pressers and Millers.

--
So, I need stone to make mechanisms for the screw press, and querns.  But rather than go for self-sufficient, I think it will be more !fun! to rely on trades!

It is looking like Mr Shofet's district will have monopoly of stone which I could benefit from if he needs my long term end-products of soap, rare meals ingredients, clothing and paper products from cloth plants. 

To Mr. Shofet: I offer a trade pact of stone supplies: stone blocks,
25% total yield of Olive Soap Bars created this year, or until the walls and roof securing District F for stone resources and products.

-or-

1.Looking for stone products: 2 mechanisms, stone blocks, querns, some raw stones, and excess logs felled in your property
Offer *SUPERIOR* quality beds.

2. Looking for stone products: 100 stone jugs
Offer 1 Olive Oil Soap for each 100 stone jugs.

3. Looking for stone products: 100 stone pots
Offer 1 Olive Oil Soap for each 100 stone pots.

--

I would like a steady source for making jugs.  If we have source of Clay it would be good to eventually have a magma kiln near the surface.
Other than jugs, stone pots is what I want to use instead of using wood barrels/pots.

--

How are we handling the basic furniture?  As much as I like masterwork beds for all, it may be more reasonable to aim for an ≡EXCEPTIONAL≡ quality at most for non-nobles.  And a minimum of  *SUPERIOR* can be achieved in the first year I think, but this will result is a few junk--

shall I make a garbage chute atom-smasher first? or is that a District P service?

So the question is, who wants to pursue Legendary Carpenter skills by mass producing beds early on?  It behooves us to specialize this way early on while logs may be more abundant.

--

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2016, 12:59:05 pm »

With the Lights cutting down a tree a district for free, you can make your training axe yourself.

I would support you taking over the wood business, Sanctume. I would gladly help supply you with blocks and pots, for a little soap, a few beds, and a stepladder. If you want to throw in some food that would be great. Keep in mind I will loose some production this year after paying for the pick, but I should be able to supply you with plenty of obsidian pots, jugs and blocks after this year.

I'm really interested to see this get off the ground. I imagine sobriety this first year will be higher than normal for most forts.

For the record I accept Sanctume trade pact. I aim to train up Mr. Feb as a mason, as well as one of the miners. The other miner, if I get them, will train mechanics. The fisherman Ill train as a stonecrafter. That leaves the weaponsmith to help out with food.

I know children can farm. I would really like to eventually try and experiment with having no adults with farming enabled, to see how much the kids farm, and how fast they train up at it. Also goes along with Feb Wadedpaint's penchant for forced labor._
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:10:24 pm by Shofet »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24