Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancer Towers! Why wont they pop!  (Read 2187 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancer Towers! Why wont they pop!
« on: January 17, 2016, 05:29:33 pm »

Iv been generating worlds for a week straight... a entire week... no breaks no stopping.... all in an attempt to get all the races to servive and a single Fing necromancer tower, those are my two requirements.... but either the goblins wipe out all the elves or i will have a world generate to 400 years without a single necromancer tower! (( the max years my PC can handle before rage quitting on me and just crashing the game )) I am angry... i just need a necro tower in this world, I spent 6 hours creating a perfect replica of north and south america and Iv worked too long and hard to quite but iv responsibilities and cant just spend all day and night much longer generating worlds over and over and over and over and over and over and over hoping and praying that a necromancer tower will deem me worthy to appear this time or the elves will hold out against the near by goblins....

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Towers! Why wont they pop!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 05:35:11 pm »

Iv even set secrets in world gen for 1000 .... thats 1 and 3 zeroes! still nothing! why is it being so stubborn!?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 06:42:30 pm »

How big are your worlds?
I'm getting about 4 for for each large region 550 year world I generate (and occassional 1050) which isn't very much, especially as embarks with towers should be actually playable in a fun way now (as opposed to a !Fun! way).

Raising secrets a bit got me 6 last time I tried, but I don't think that has much of an impact.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 06:51:09 pm »

How big are your worlds?
I'm getting about 4 for for each large region 550 year world I generate (and occassional 1050) which isn't very much, especially as embarks with towers should be actually playable in a fun way now (as opposed to a !Fun! way).

Raising secrets a bit got me 6 last time I tried, but I don't think that has much of an impact.

The world is max size,... i cant get it to generate no matter how hard i try.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 09:06:17 pm »

Odd...

400 years should be ample time.

Have you set civs and sites to max? That always seems to get me at least one tower.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 12:43:27 am »

Don't forget that necromancers need non-savage unclaimed land to settle on.  So if there are too many civs, it'll crowd them out.

On top of that, a necromancer has to amass 50 zombies before building his tower and taking on apprentices.  Before that, they tend to take over bandit camps and human towns.

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »

How many civs do you have? Necromancers can only come about if a death god likes a guy so if you don't have any death gods you won't get necromancers

Dystopian Rhetoric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 12:32:38 pm »

How many civs do you have? Necromancers can only come about if a death god likes a guy so if you don't have any death gods you won't get necromancers

Consequently if you open up entity_default.txt and add [RELIGION_SPHERE:DEATH] to dwarves or humans (or both!) then you'll get at least one death god guaranteed, and probably like... four. Probably thick with necromancers after that.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »

Consequently if you open up entity_default.txt and add [RELIGION_SPHERE:DEATH] to dwarves or humans (or both!) then you'll get at least one death god guaranteed, and probably like... four. Probably thick with necromancers after that.

I believe you need an ardent worshipper that has a live forever goal. But yes, the God has to be of the Death sphere. I'll try drifting raws to add death to all!

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 10:15:16 pm »

Iv been generating worlds for a week straight... a entire week... no breaks no stopping.... all in an attempt to get all the races to servive and a single Fing necromancer tower, those are my two requirements.... but either the goblins wipe out all the elves or i will have a world generate to 400 years without a single necromancer tower! (( the max years my PC can handle before rage quitting on me and just crashing the game )) I am angry... i just need a necro tower in this world, I spent 6 hours creating a perfect replica of north and south america and Iv worked too long and hard to quite but iv responsibilities and cant just spend all day and night much longer generating worlds over and over and over and over and over and over and over hoping and praying that a necromancer tower will deem me worthy to appear this time or the elves will hold out against the near by goblins....

I still have a world that has a location with a volcano, flux, sand, fire clay and mineral density set to max.. and TWO towers in the proximity. Do you want it?

Dainz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 09:45:43 am »

Try this wordgen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It usualy gives 3-4 Towers in Early Wordgen and increases to a lot more if you let the history run!

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 10:15:47 am »

Also, if you need all races to survive you might save time by doing some light modding.
Goblins currently have access to all regions.
If they're killing all the elves too often try modding them to be unable to live in savage forests.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 08:14:42 am »

) I am angry... i just need a necro tower in this world, I spent 6 hours creating a perfect replica of north and south america and Iv worked too long and hard to quite but iv responsibilities and cant just spend all day and night much longer generating worlds over and over and over and over and over and over and over hoping and praying that a necromancer tower will deem me worthy to appear this time or the elves will hold out against the near by goblins....

It sounds like you've been using world painter? If so this could be the problem. You may have inadvertently created a world where the biome make up won't support towers. My advanced world gen skills are incredibly rusty so I can't remember off the top of my head all the requirements for a necro tower, but I always used to get a ton of them and it was one of my goals when making worlds. I know you need mortals races capable of becoming necromancers and biomes that support at least one of those races, preferably a lot of them. You need death gods and secrets but I doubt those are the problem. My memory is fuzzy but high savagery works against necromancers and I believe they might need a particular type of biome to set up a tower. You want a lot of neutral plains and mountains for humans and dwarves to populate since they are the two main races that can become necros. If goblins are a problem consider limiting the number of evil biomes a bit while boosting the neutral and good ones.

I always triple all the mega beast, semi mega beast, vampires, night creatures, titans, FBs etc. along with massively cranking up the secrets. I also make patch work worlds with many broken up small patchwork biomes.  I'm not sure if this really helps or not but it does help keep civs from getting out of hand and it probably produces plenty of corpses in the world. Longer histories tend to favor tower creation although in the current version goblins tend to get nutty if you let the world go too long.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:26:16 am by Melting Sky »

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 12:12:38 pm »

Try putting [RELIGION_SPHERE:DEATH] in other entities. The necromancers are just very devout followers of a DEATH deity, the more DEATH deities and civilizations that worship them the the more necromancers there are at least in 40.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:15:08 pm by locustgate »