Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859250 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11235 on: August 18, 2023, 05:26:14 pm »

I've seen one or the other dickish cow filmed in india, I don't think it's safe how they threat them over there. You don't want them 800kg beasts to get no superiority complex when they're free to roam. Buffalos aren't exactly told to be gentle either. I'm still more afraid of horses.

But really it's a numbers game. There are a billion cows, 1 for every 8 humans.

Over here we have BIG cows, I think there is one or more famous belgian breeds? But don't quote me. They are very excitable by humans, you go stare at them, they will come to stare back at you. You reach out they will reluctantly come smell lick taste whatever, but make a quick gesture and you can allmost feel their hearts starting to race they bounce back like crazy... but they will quickly resume being curious if you not a dick but you just kinda sneezed or whatever. If you enter a pen of juvenile males they will rush at you and it's scary and you shouldn't stay but I don't think they'd crush you on purpose. I wouldn't enter the pen of a big bull. They might be totally chill but I don't care to find out, they have a very different vibe, don't lead quite the same life either so it's understandable.

I presume the problem caz had, was rather that the cows were barring access to the road for the car.

edit: Damn I didnt realize how cool kerry cattle are, there aren't a hell of a lot of pictures with people besides them but they are definitly smaller, and they all look cute, no white fur ruined by mud. They're no highland cows but they're pretty cool still.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 05:51:03 pm by dragdeler »
let

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: August 18, 2023, 06:02:44 pm »

Buffalos aren't exactly told to be gentle either.
You know, I hear this all the time but, in my experience, the buffalo next door were always super chill. I don't know, man.

I wonder if this AND the cows in roads business may have to do with ranches versus small farms, too. The smaller scale might give livestock more interaction with human life going on around them, so they're more jaded.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11237 on: August 19, 2023, 05:27:55 am »

I've found that honking at cows gets them out of the way for the most part, but there's always one asshole who doesn't give a shit about it and you just have to wait until it leaves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: August 22, 2023, 04:53:20 am »

Dyshidrosis.

Itches like a motherfucker.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: August 26, 2023, 04:27:47 pm »

Forget about gateway drugs, I need harder music. I need music so violent that the public will go full circle and instead of doing a mosh pit they will spontaneously organise in an orderly fashion to lynch a volunter like a bunch of rabid chimpanzees, then proudly parade their organs like they're supposed to grant 'em the keys to the kingdom one day. Something that takes meticulous advantage of the audio spectrum like modern dnb, something that get's in your face like hardcore, something that continually disconstructs itself like breakcore with syncopation up the wazoo and lyrics so vile that they make hiphop-hitlers transition to writing death metal lyrics seem tame in retrospect. Maybe a .905 to my cranium might reverberate with adequate volume levels, for one rapturous millisecond.
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11240 on: August 27, 2023, 04:11:10 am »

Just as long as it doesn't add -core to its name for no fucking reason
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: August 27, 2023, 04:23:47 am »

It helps if you assume the reason is because the core of one genre is being overlaid with something else, like maybe a puffy pink jacket of bubblegum pop.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: August 27, 2023, 07:05:26 am »

I mean. Noise music? Probably the closest thing I can think of to "hardest music in existence". Stuff sounds like fornicating industrial machinery, most of the time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: August 27, 2023, 08:43:12 am »

I'm sorry to inform you, but as things go, this caused a bunch of french beatboxers to get together and fund an acapella band they called "la core all in".

Noise can be fun but it doesn't smack you in the face like really hard electronic music. It's usually all amorphous and arythmic spamming all the frequencies without the rythmic pauses that really accent stuff. But industrial any genre is usually great.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: August 27, 2023, 08:58:09 am »

You want to know what makes me upset today, the fact that my damn internet goes out for no god damn reason and stays off for hours. Glad we're switching to a new company in a few days.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11245 on: August 27, 2023, 02:05:47 pm »

"Okay so navigate to the system core-"

"-Oh now you've done it"

"What?"

[sounds of ominous industrial house music approaching]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11246 on: August 27, 2023, 02:09:59 pm »

Cows kill more people than sharks, brah. It only takes one pernicious cow to cause you issues too.

Pernicious isn’t quite the word I’m looking for but I’m tired, sue me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Make one moove and you're done

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11247 on: August 27, 2023, 03:41:04 pm »

The concept of silent letters is dumb and annoying. Like, if you aren't gonna vocalise it, then why is it there?! It is a letter. A symbol that corresponds to a phoneme. Not a pretty accessory.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: August 27, 2023, 04:04:06 pm »

The concept of silent letters is dumb and annoying. Like, if you aren't gonna vocalise it, then why is it there?! It is a letter. A symbol that corresponds to a phoneme. Not a pretty accessory.
You have to understand that written language and spoken language aren't just two different ways of doing the same thing, but separate related systems that evolve independently. Silent letters convey information relating to morphology (like in French where silent letters often relate to grammatical gender), etymology, and meaning. They can also be vestiges of dialect. So, for example, it is useful to be able to distinguish "hi", "high", and "hie" - certainly, it would stop me from making fun of all the people I know who respond to "how are you" with "hi", if they did it in text.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11249 on: August 27, 2023, 06:16:01 pm »

When the Germans first did the printing press sometimes they needed to fill in "gaps" if a whole sentence didn't fit on the printing rack so sometimes when printing English or French texts they just added random s's and f's which became part of standard spelling

This is only one of the reasons why you might find random letters in words that don't seem to have purpose. Otherwise it might be a result of dialect differences, like Parisian French, Beijing Mandarin or Midlands English becoming the "standard" dialect spellings were attempted to be modelled from. Or it could be a result of an ancient spelling which DID reflect the pronunciation of the word, but after a thousand years or two of vowel shifts/accent changes, it doesn't anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 779