Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858949 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10320 on: August 26, 2022, 12:21:35 pm »

They wouldn’t be able to recycle the cardboard anyway ‘cause of all the grease from the pizza.

Oh i didn't specify frozen pizza because I'm lazy, but it said frozen... Gosh I would hope restaurant pack their merchandise in first grade.... but you just made me have an unpleasant idea ;D
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10321 on: August 26, 2022, 12:27:37 pm »

lifeprotips, much like coolguides and dataisbeautiful, is pretty reliably and wholly garbage about conveying meaningful, truthful, or readable data.

But yeah, pizza boxes don't go in the recycling. Shit, for Americans, most of the recycling doesn't go for recycling. What a scam we were sold on recycling.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: August 26, 2022, 02:07:19 pm »

...pizza boxes go in the recycling here. We just have a barrier layer of wax paper between the box and the pizza. Greasy paper goes in the bin, clean cardboard goes in the round-and-round.

Now, how much of it actually gets recycled is another matter, but that's at least the given routine.

In other news, at the fresh young age of 32, I have now finally learned of dishwasher salt. At this point I'm really starting to wonder if my parents gave me the wrong life training as a joke.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #10324 on: August 26, 2022, 02:26:44 pm »

It's takeway pizza boxes that are the issue, since the cooked Pizza leaves a grease residue and those oily parts can't be recycled.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10325 on: August 26, 2022, 02:56:37 pm »

In other news, at the fresh young age of 32, I have now finally learned of dishwasher salt. At this point I'm really starting to wonder if my parents gave me the wrong life training as a joke.
It... doesn't seem to be necessary unless you have particularly hard water, from a quick check (I had never heard of the stuff, never heard or seen anyone using it, quick look at local walmart stock says there's exactly one offering to sell the stuff on their shelves out of ~60 things meant for the same purpose, etc.). It's entirely likely they never used the stuff nor had need to.

In other words, if they did give you the wrong life training as a joke, it probably wasn't due to dishwasher salt :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: August 26, 2022, 03:53:25 pm »

It’s presumably similar to the salt they use in water softeners, then?

I mean, I didn’t know of these things until recently either, and I’m older than you :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: August 27, 2022, 02:50:07 am »

You could always make fire starters from the greasy pizza boxes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: August 27, 2022, 04:51:40 am »

I'm the Fiyastata! Pizza Fiyastata!
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10329 on: August 27, 2022, 09:00:01 am »

Three times in a row I've made vegetarian hoisin duck+veggies, only to find that the pancakes have gone mouldy well before the best-before date.

Might just have to look up how to make them myself, at least that way I won't get fucked over by a great big green-black splotch of fur running through the middle of the stack.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: August 27, 2022, 03:28:29 pm »

I mean, I didn’t know of these things until recently either, and I’m older than you :o

Don't water softeners have an ion exchange resin? I doubt that would be in a powder form. Also most dish detergents nowadays are made to have soluble calcium salts which means they won't deposit limescale on your plates even if you have hard water.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10331 on: August 27, 2022, 04:47:38 pm »

Don't water softeners have an ion exchange resin? I doubt that would be in a powder form. Also most dish detergents nowadays are made to have soluble calcium salts which means they won't deposit limescale on your plates even if you have hard water.

I worked in the plumbing department of a hardware store for a while and had people asking for water softener salt quite frequently.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: August 27, 2022, 05:21:17 pm »

It is exactly like water softener salt, yes. The ion exchange resin is already in the system, and the added salt is what allows that resin to recharge and do its job.

But yeah, depleted salt stores would do a fair job of explaining why my dishwasher has recently started messing up glasses and cutlery after several months of leaving things spotless... Considering the filter looks fine.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: August 28, 2022, 12:36:10 am »

-
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 12:46:00 am by JoshuaFH »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: August 28, 2022, 03:36:10 am »

Soft water salt is why why men are so unmanly these days. I refuse to fall for it, in fact I made my water extra hard by putting rocks in my dishwasher
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 779