Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859227 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10230 on: July 30, 2022, 01:53:26 am »

What's up with all the kings back then looking like giant squares with legs, also why is King Henry VIII holding a dildo in that picture?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: July 30, 2022, 03:51:42 am »

I too think it's gloves

It's nice to know that Spongebob Squarepant's had royal inspiration in his design though!

While we're sharing images of vain kings let me share my favourite one of Gustav Vasa, landsfather of Sweden (allegedly):

If it seems like the legs are a strange fit to his bulbormous upper body then you have a good eye for photoshops, because he did indeed hate how his own legs looked/turned out and had the painter use one of his soldiers as model for them instead. They weren't royal looking enough you see. Lampshades, on the other hand. Now they are fucking royal looking.

No codpiece? Pathetic
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: July 30, 2022, 03:53:57 am »

The lack of shoes is annoying me. Was he one of those "shoes off at the door" kings? Asshole.
This is a blank sig.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: July 30, 2022, 05:25:04 am »

I have no idea how we went from impending bedpocalyspse to a critique of early modern royalty's dress sense, but I'm loving it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: July 30, 2022, 02:43:53 pm »

The lack of shoes is annoying me. Was he one of those "shoes off at the door" kings? Asshole.

He had bad gout and diabetes(?) iirc, so it became extremely painful for him to wear shoes or walk later in his reign. Which also killed him, iirc? It's been a long time.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: July 31, 2022, 03:35:51 am »

bad gout and diabetes
Those sounds like the traditional diseases that all kings should have.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: July 31, 2022, 03:59:00 am »

Not our king! Our king has rot and weevils.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #10237 on: August 03, 2022, 06:05:02 pm »

So it is a wise idea to wash your hands after cutting onions, even if you've done nothing else to dirty them, because some haf an hour later you may want to rub your eyes and not remember that -of course - they still have oniony residue on them.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: August 03, 2022, 06:25:56 pm »

Yeah, cooking 101, always wash hands before and after. At absolute minimum rinse off. You do it always, without exception, so you're sure to never forget the time you really needed to, heh. This is also the dao of turn signals when you're driving, among myriad other things.

Hopefully this event will help you internalize that lesson and remember it going forward :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: August 03, 2022, 07:04:46 pm »

Yeah I totally use turn signals when I'm alone on the road!  Manipulating levers and getting audio-visual feedback is fun, like I'm back at the science museum playing with an interactive exhibit.  It's also a good habit and stuff

Maybe if I applied that sort of thinking to washing my hands, I wouldn't have gotten that food poisoning on the weekend.  Fortunately GI trouble is particularly good at adjusting behavior, from "Oysters will be unappealing for the next 5 years" to reinforcing basic hygiene.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: August 03, 2022, 07:56:32 pm »

Me not but here is a thought that might cheer you up: some birds have been observed to have a rudimentary understanding of traffic rules... So there is a teeny tiny chance you give a very gifted crow or something more time to react... Right?!

Actually it depends. There is some places i signal religiously, but not with much thought, more like my hand is allways at the right place anyway when im there? idk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 08:02:03 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: August 03, 2022, 08:05:18 pm »

So it is a wise idea to wash your hands after cutting onions, even if you've done nothing else to dirty them, because some haf an hour later you may want to rub your eyes and not remember that -of course - they still have oniony residue on them.

Yeah, onions will do that as well. And eyeballs...

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: August 03, 2022, 10:06:18 pm »

the onion residue is nothing compared to chili pepper residue.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: August 04, 2022, 01:47:11 am »

I was never told that ginger was spicy and went to rub my eyes after grinding some up, took quite a while to figure out that it was the ginger causing my eyes to burn like that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: August 04, 2022, 06:31:53 am »

That... so you were touching/prepping it, but never actually ate any? 'Cause you ain't gotta' be told that stuff is spicy, you just gotta' get some on your tongue, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 779