Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1123543 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10200 on: July 28, 2022, 07:04:46 am »

I totally get what you're saying Vector and I agree with it as a general "don't have to heavy expections on your children" sentiment.

But I need to but a but here and say that your grandmother absolutely did not abuse your mum because she had brown eyes, she abused her because she was an abusive person. She would have abused her if she had blue eyes too, because that's how people like her are. Sure, maybe she wouldn't have picked on her eyes. Maybe she would have ragged her about her freckles, arm hair, hand size, hip width, fat or lack of fat, or her hair colour or curl/straightness of it. But she would still have found something to be abusive about.

I'm pretty sure my mother wanted a girl when she had me, her sevond child. She had name picked out and everything (Linnea, after the flower). And she has still never been anything but a loving and caring mother to me (at least to the extent that her own emotional issues avails her) and never tried to force me to be something I am not.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: July 28, 2022, 08:59:38 am »

The eye colour appears to be something the grandmother liked, actually. I think Vector was saying she had a child for the aesthetics, but didn't actually care for the child.

Which is a horrible scenario. But I agree with scriver. It says a lot about your grandmother as an abusive person. It doesn't say much about people who have a preference for girls over boys or vice versa.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: July 28, 2022, 10:25:22 am »

You guys are getting king-sized mattresses? I bought new bedsheets from the Evil Store yesterday and the smallest size they went was 'Full,' which is somewhat too large for my bed.

RE: Vec's grandmum- the point here isn't that the child wasn't wanted because she was brown hair/eyed, but that beyond having the matching hues, the child was not wanted. Vec doesn't need to be explained to that grandmum was just an abusive person, her whole point is that parents wanted vanity qualities and desires from their kids more than they did the kids. It's a lot of objectification and expectation to lay on a child that has absolutely no way to help how it was incarnated.

I wouldn't want to be wanted the same way that a desk lamp is.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: July 28, 2022, 10:27:35 am »

Ah, then I got the wrong message, lol. I withdraw my argument, carry on ;)
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: July 28, 2022, 11:13:24 am »

You guys are getting king-sized mattresses? I bought new bedsheets from the Evil Store yesterday and the smallest size they went was 'Full,' which is somewhat too large for my bed.

RE: Vec's grandmum- the point here isn't that the child wasn't wanted because she was brown hair/eyed, but that beyond having the matching hues, the child was not wanted. Vec doesn't need to be explained to that grandmum was just an abusive person, her whole point is that parents wanted vanity qualities and desires from their kids more than they did the kids. It's a lot of objectification and expectation to lay on a child that has absolutely no way to help how it was incarnated.

I wouldn't want to be wanted the same way that a desk lamp is.

THIS.

I'm not going to argue about it anymore. You've heard me, I heard you, it's in the only mildly upset thread for a reason.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: July 28, 2022, 11:18:49 am »

But how will the free mattresses stand up against the king's king sized army of army cot mattresses?

Oh, the mattresses will only be free of humanity's yolk

Sorry if that wasn't clear
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: July 28, 2022, 11:24:01 am »

YOU FOOLS!

You worry about the powers of the King-sized bed, but fail to account for the masters above the King
-The California King
-The Wyoming King
-The Texas King
and the most feared, The Alaska King

The sleep monarchs are not to be underestimated...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: July 28, 2022, 11:29:25 am »

Sounds like a boss sequence.

“You must end the reign of the four kings before you can confront the absolute evil of the land!”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: July 28, 2022, 11:50:18 am »

I'm going for the hammock / beanbag alternate ending. Let the kingdom burn.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: July 28, 2022, 12:26:12 pm »

I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: July 28, 2022, 12:26:45 pm »

“You must end the reign of the four kings before you can confront the absolute evil of the land!”

It's the Dark Souls fight, but with bedding

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: July 28, 2022, 01:59:15 pm »

This bed is so goddamn big. I've been traveling through this extremely comfortable and relaxing hellscape for days now, just trying to reach the other side. I found a tag that stated it could not be removed lest one anger the god that resides in this downy land. Of course I removed it and now chew on it as the last sustenance I have. I fear I may die of dehydration soon, but atleast the sleep I'm getting is fucking fantastic. If anyone finds this note, tell my family I loved them, and to not move my corpse, I can't imagine resting in peace anywhere better.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: July 28, 2022, 02:53:14 pm »

It's the Dark Souls fight, but with bedding

Tyr Comfyr, the All-Covering!
Phyllow, the Restbed Companion!
The loathsome Bed Wetter!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: July 28, 2022, 03:06:38 pm »

The Bed of Chaos was left unmade again!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: July 28, 2022, 05:59:38 pm »

You've unmade your Bed of Chaos, now die in it.
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 794