Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859134 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10080 on: July 11, 2022, 07:29:57 pm »

Coffee is horrible

English breakfast tea is peak caffeine performance.

I tried cutting sugar out at one point. Ended up losing a stone I really couldn't afford to lose. I've an insanely fast metabolism, so apparently sugar is the only thing keeping me healthy.

If you need to gain weight, all you have to do is move to America; everything is packed full of sugar and high fructose corn syrup.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: July 12, 2022, 01:50:23 am »

I'll happily consume the worst tea and coffee. I'm better off than any of you who hate one or the other.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: July 12, 2022, 03:51:50 am »

People that put milk in their tea are the worst kinds of people, why would that take something good and put that horrid shit in it?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: July 12, 2022, 03:56:26 am »

Coffee is horrible

English breakfast tea is peak caffeine performance.

I tried cutting sugar out at one point. Ended up losing a stone I really couldn't afford to lose. I've an insanely fast metabolism, so apparently sugar is the only thing keeping me healthy.

If you need to gain weight, all you have to do is move to America; everything is packed full of sugar and high fructose corn syrup.
At this point, I don't think I need to gain weight; I would merely like to.

Besides, America is the last place I'd move to barring active warzones. It has a combination of poor diet and horrible healthcare which really does not appeal.
Huh, so I looked into it and some people genuinely don't get an endorphin high from exercise. That's... unfortunate.

Granted, I use the gym as an outlet for excess energy, not to ride a runner's high.

You have excess energy? I barely do anything and I require stimulants to have enough energy to do it!
My energy and optimistic outlook irks many 😅
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 04:00:48 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: July 12, 2022, 05:00:38 am »

My energy and optimistic outlook irks many 😅
Don't worry my dude. Those will fade with age.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: July 12, 2022, 05:12:10 am »

Some anxiety issues, interestingly. They aren't coming up in the usual ways, instead they seem to present as palpitations, a general feeling of anxiety and some vague (And I'm pretty sure psychosomatic) paresthesia in the left arm.

I'd be more concerned if I hadn't had an ECG that showed absolutely bugger all wrong with my heart. Not even a fibrillation.

It's not a full-blown panic attack either. It's like my brain reminds me on occasion that they exist. It seems to be more common when I'm tired, which makes sense since the more tired I am, the harder it is to stop worrying, and when my heart does funny stuff like this it's worrying even though I know, objectively, there's nothing going on.

Suppose that this is just what my life's gonna be like. It's hard to completely get past any previous mental illness.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: July 12, 2022, 06:35:39 am »

Huh, so I looked into it and some people genuinely don't get an endorphin high from exercise. That's... unfortunate.

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Also yeah, it's awful. It gets particularly bad when you live in a country, culture, and social circle that either worships or just really really enjoys working out, while you're there just... Trying to grit your teeth long enough to put the work in. And people just look at you cross-eyed if you don't respond to them as though you're having the time of your life.

I actually tried seeing if I could trick my brain at one point by promising myself food stimulus in the form of a treat after a successful workout. But when I got home, my brain was (as per usual) so fried from being at the gym that I completely forgot to treat myself :P

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: July 12, 2022, 09:09:46 am »

I'm getting a bit annoyed at the use of mobiles as the primary phone number. Up where I live my signal's very patchy, so I'll always ask to be rang on the house number instead and in spite of that, they never bloody do and I miss the phone calls.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: July 12, 2022, 01:09:38 pm »

Yeah, I just don't give anyone my cell number. Like, I have one nowadays, but... I'm not going to answer it, period. So I just don't list it when people ask for a contact number.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: July 12, 2022, 01:15:56 pm »

Call to the primary home number? It's a spam call
Call to my cell phone? It's a spam call
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: July 12, 2022, 06:16:38 pm »

People that put milk in their tea are the worst kinds of people, why would that take something good and put that horrid shit in it?

I agree that people who put milk into anything but cut-tear-curl black tea are demented. Green tea with milk and honey ??? ?????
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: July 12, 2022, 06:19:46 pm »

A pot fulla Yorkshire? Splash that milk let's goooo

A pot fulla genmaicha? why would you cream this

Matcha smoothie? That's more cream than matcha but let's gooooo

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: July 12, 2022, 06:48:15 pm »

green tea with honey is great though...

I mean, milk, I'unno, I've ever actually tried milk in tea, so...

If folks like it, they're free to like it, I guess? Folks' taste buds work differently, some people can enjoy stuff others can't, like that whole soap cilantro thing. Maybe there's a milk in tea equivalent out there that just hasn't been researched?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: July 12, 2022, 07:35:45 pm »

Okay, so first, milk makes everything better, okay? It's fat. Fat makes everything taste more better in the way it tastes. That's science.

Secondly. It's not coffee unless you drink it off of a plate. Cups are for fancy smanshy newfangled Italians who doens't actually enjoy drinking coffee
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: July 12, 2022, 08:00:20 pm »

I'll need a pretty goddamn huge ass plate for the quantity of coffee I like to drink.
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 779