Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858932 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9120 on: July 23, 2021, 09:49:08 pm »

Font, not find. Why does autocorrupt only work when it doesn’t need to? Well now it realizes autocorrupt is a word

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: July 24, 2021, 02:31:39 pm »

Please don't be a migraine, please don't be a migraine...

Edit: I think it was not! I got off easy today.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 11:37:46 pm by None »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: July 24, 2021, 03:47:19 pm »

Amazon package got lost in the mail. Probably.

On the bright side, I got a refund so if it gets un-lost I'll have got the stuff for free.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: July 24, 2021, 03:50:42 pm »

Who was delivering it
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: July 25, 2021, 10:42:11 am »

No idea.

Tick bit me last night, I think it dropped off something onto my bed, probably my jeans from when I went on a walk the other night. Of course, getting to sleep after that was difficult because I was paranoid that every crawling sensation was another tick.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: July 25, 2021, 10:50:50 am »

Did you manage to get it all out?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: July 25, 2021, 12:21:48 pm »

Yeah, we've got some tick removal hooks that we got for the cat. Works far better on people because we don't try to squirm away from you.

All that's left was a dent, and now a slightly itchy raised area. Obviously gonna have to keep an eye out for a rash and flu-like symptoms over the next few weeks, but I think I got it pretty shortly after it had bitten me because it wasn't engorged at all and came out easily.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: July 27, 2021, 05:51:57 pm »

New personal purgatorial hell: Keeping an elderly with dementia and perinnial itching from disconnecting their vitals monitoring wires, for hours.

Today. Today was shit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: July 27, 2021, 06:37:09 pm »

New personal purgatorial hell: Keeping an elderly with dementia and perinnial itching from disconnecting their vitals monitoring wires, for hours.

Today. Today was shit.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: July 28, 2021, 12:03:42 am »

I'm so sorry.  When I had to sit with my grandma a month or so ago...

What I don't like to think about is that she was almost herself again, when I was with her during the day.  As if the encouraged activities of the full nursing home actually brought her back.  She was remembering things she *never* remembered when I visited her in assisted living.  She had grown so private and paranoid and delusional.  Maybe it's genetic.

Of course, at night, she was confused again.  And I was happy to be there, dozing off in a chair, hearing her speak nonsense into the dark.  (Why did they put a bright blue light in every damn room!?  The LED of what I assume is a wireless access point...)

And sure enough.  Every since that time, I've suffered from bouts of full-on dementia.  A week of fever, sure, but worse than that.  Just... trying to sleep, and shifting between reality and dream and not knowing which is which.
(I blame Covid, I had an extreme fever I had to douse with cold showers and broth, but it stuck with me- the first vaccine dose seemed to help some-)

I just need more REM sleep, probably.  And I've come a long way to restoring a schedule for that which doesn't involve day-"dreams".

But my grandmother on my other side had waking nightmares too, much earlier.

...Thankfully, the gma I looked after didn't try to pull out her IV during that night.  Only in the evening, and she listened to me, and recognized me as her grandchild.  Recognized me.  When I stayed with her before, for weeks, she hadn't known who I was at all.

So yeah she's sometimes herself with better care.
after I wrote her off as gone, which itself was horrible when she was *still there* just trapped in nightmares.

This should probably be a personal DM of commiseration, but I muddled my way through delusions today, so it isn't.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:05:25 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: July 28, 2021, 12:05:32 pm »

Had a good climb at the wall yesterday. I know because I left it feeling pretty energetic and happy, which is especially nice given my current depression.

Today I'm suffering. My triceps and back feel fucked, and a muscle in my side's killing me now.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: July 28, 2021, 03:31:19 pm »

I continue to be surprised at how much I hate the new dog. I've taken to avoiding contact with it as much as possible, which more or less means that as soon as someone else is home I retreat to my room and leave it to be their problem. During the day I barely interact with it other than to feed it or take it outside to try and get it to go to the toilet somewhere other than indoors. Unfortunately this has not stopped it from becoming attached to me, and it's clumsy attempts at affection are infuriating.

The cat is no longer comfortable in most rooms of the house. Specifically there are only two rooms in which she is comfortable, my room and my brother and SiLs room which the dog is not allowed in. In every other room the cat immediately goes on edge and starts to respond negatively to physical contact, sometimes to the point of violence. Due to the layout of the house this means the cat is basically unable to reach any rooms she feels comfy in as all the rooms by which she can enter the house are now tainted by dog smell.

The dog has also become increasingly vocal since we got it, and it's noises are like needles being rammed into my brain.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: July 28, 2021, 05:50:49 pm »

This should probably be a personal DM of commiseration, but I muddled my way through delusions today, so it isn't.

Sweetie, go to the doctor right away and tell them what's going on. This is one of those things you shouldn't wait to just go away.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: July 30, 2021, 09:23:05 pm »

Folks, let me give any prospective home owners, builders, or furnishers the best goddamn advice you will ever get: Build that shit like you're an invalid right from the fucking start. Ramps going in, rails for your toilet and (easily accessed!) shower, bed you can put your feet right on the floor from and can trivially get to the mattress to change coverings, the whole bloody nine yards.

You do not want to try to correct for that shit or try to function without while you're in the middle of turning disabled or having to care for someone that is. You do not want this. Build or select your shit to account for it before it happens.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: July 30, 2021, 09:46:08 pm »

I am glad to confirm that my parents are doing this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 779