Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859240 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8835 on: April 14, 2021, 07:08:22 am »

A rare bog, a rattlin’ bog, way down in the valley o’?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: April 17, 2021, 08:44:17 pm »

(Fairly tame compared to some other stuff on this thread but i'm still pissed)

Runescape and Jagex is making my asshole completely raw, it keeps telling me "Your Password Is Invalid" now i have to recover my account. (It is impossible to figure out how) My Runescape account has great sentimental value to me and this has ruined my day
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: April 17, 2021, 09:15:49 pm »

I watched Rollerball, the remake, and it was quite horrible.

That entire night-vision sequence is summed up with the cartoon “BOING” when the van (or the bike maybe at that point) goes through the wire fence, like holy shit who okayed that as a thing that should be in the final cut?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: April 18, 2021, 01:13:33 am »

The beanbag chairs area in my university library was removed in the redesign, I don't know how useful it was to the general students, but I think I used it more then the rest of the library so I am bummed.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: April 22, 2021, 12:34:38 pm »

(sorry for the spelling my glasses are gone)

Dumbass cousin threw a basketball at my face and now my glasses are kill and i can barely see now
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: April 25, 2021, 06:38:45 am »

It seems that my bike's (rear? right?) gear shifter's broken. I'm willing to (optimistically) bet it's just the shifter cable that failed, but that's still way out of my depth to replace. Damn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: April 26, 2021, 08:56:54 pm »

Replacing that shifter cable is relatively involved.  It means using an allen key (10? 12?) to release the cable from the rear derailleur.  Then you release the other end from the shifter (a process that depends on the shifter).  Then you have to feed the replacement cable into the shifter, down the front tube, under the [crank], and back up.  Through those "housing" tubes - they're necessary.

It's not insurmountable though.  The complicated part is the shifter at the handlebars.  If you figure out how to remove the cable from it, you'll know how to feed the new cable into the mechanism and then the attached housing.  Then the path is clear, all the way back to the rear derailleur.

However, then you have to cinch that cable at the right general area.  It's trial and error, there's no penalty for guessing wrong.  You generally want to let the cable "out" a lot at the shifter, cinch it at the rear derailleur, then twist the knobs as necessary to fine-tune the correct range of shifting.

And then you can cut the excess cable, or wrap it around your seat-tube like a baus.

sorry this is probably completely unhelpful, unless you want to DIY.  bit of a nostalgia trip on my part.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: April 26, 2021, 09:37:11 pm »

I've been crying all day for no reason. Sucks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: April 26, 2021, 10:34:27 pm »

Mother said there'd be days like this.  :-[

(And I feel like the allen key for the shifter was probably 8, I'm not sure but I have to point that out.  Not that it matters once you have a decimal allen key set.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: April 26, 2021, 11:49:27 pm »

Sorry to hear it, Vec, but y'know, it's okay that it happens. We may not always get a say about what our emotions are, but that doesn't mean they define us or dictate how we live!

It's like allergies for the soul, or something. A case of the emotional sniffles, a dumb immune response from a system that works effectively.

Speaking of- fucken' pollen count is crazy today, or at least now with the pandemic I pay enough attention to my nasal passageway to tell what's going on with my allergies. I felt really dumb turning on the heater instead of opening the window when I got chilly, but then I'd have to suffer the existential terror of 'Having the Rona' for a few hours while the pollen turns to dust on the floor.

Unrelated- Rolan, I'm totally tickled that you're now the resident bike repair expert and that you can just sort of reach across the internet in a community and you'll have 'the bike guy' or 'the databending guy' or 'the guy with the scoop on healthcare.' Shine on, you crazy diamond.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: April 27, 2021, 02:02:19 am »

It's like allergies

Or just that.  If you're going around with your eyes all teary all day, your brain is gonna start making shit up to justify it, even if it really is just allergies.  Get that antihistamines on!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: April 27, 2021, 04:08:27 am »

Went to do a u turn one side road and didn't pay attention when I went to get back on the main road and hit a dump truck, luckily they swerved and we only lost the plastic bumper thing, bent the metal bumper, and broke the left head light, and we were able to leave with out any injuries on either side and the car still runs so we were able to drive it back home.

Also later when I looked at the licensing plate I noticed that some of the rubber from the tucks tire had rubbed off onto it,and after looking at it for a minute I realized that it had transferred the safety warning from the trucks tire onto it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: April 27, 2021, 06:47:19 am »

Went to do a u turn one side road and didn't pay attention when I went to get back on the main road and hit a dump truck, luckily they swerved and we only lost the plastic bumper thing, bent the metal bumper, and broke the left head light, and we were able to leave with out any injuries on either side and the car still runs so we were able to drive it back home.

Also later when I looked at the licensing plate I noticed that some of the rubber from the tucks tire had rubbed off onto it,and after looking at it for a minute I realized that it had transferred the safety warning from the trucks tire onto it.

So I guess your ride is now safer.  Like you stole some safety from the dump truck.  Sounds like you need it more anyways.  :P
But yeah, sorry to hear about that.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: April 27, 2021, 08:40:43 am »

Covid tests are a real bloody struggle for me. The tonsil swab makes me gag to the point of almost puking, and the nose swab makes me drool because I've got no ability to focus on that when I'm desperately paying attention to not sneezing the swab out of my nostril.

My only solace is that it wasn't a naso-pharyngeal swab.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: April 27, 2021, 08:51:01 am »

Slightly worried about LordBaal. Read an article in my newspaper today the the Venezoalean goverment has been murdering and torturing innocent civilians in a 'war against terrorism', many thousands have fled to the jungle or to Colombia.

Havent seen a post from him in over a week or somesuch.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/venezolaanse-burgers-op-de-vlucht-uit-angst-voor-geweld-veiligheidstroepen~bb26d215/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 779