Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859011 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7425 on: May 15, 2020, 01:07:18 pm »

Ninja everything onto Google Drive, quick!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: May 15, 2020, 02:16:53 pm »

I don't have googel drove
Love, scriver~

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: May 15, 2020, 02:26:33 pm »

It is literally free with a Google account, which is also free

15 GB of storage free, plus whatever you pony up for
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: May 15, 2020, 05:30:40 pm »

I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my old laptop. It's fucking slow. This is the slowest PC I've used. Yes, that means school computers are faster than this hunk of junk. There are not words that can express my contempt for the Bulldozer-based, Pentium 4-inspired, snail-in-molasses processor the thing runs on. I'd have better luck installing Windows 10 on an actual Pentium 4 system from 2004.

Edit: Oh god, it's booted into Windows 10. This is the worst kind of miracle. The slow-ass hard drive isn't helping things either.

Edit 2: Restarted, and it's doing Automatic Repair. I really think this thing wishes for the sweet release of death. Time to format and re-reinstall.

Edit 3: Okay, it's running Windows, and it's not begging for the sweet release of death. I think I did something right. It's just as slow as I remember, though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 08:38:08 pm by methylatedspirit »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: May 15, 2020, 05:40:08 pm »

NG, were the links useful?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: May 16, 2020, 02:58:47 am »

It is literally free with a Google account, which is also free

15 GB of storage free, plus whatever you pony up for

I guess i dö have Google drive then ;)
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: May 16, 2020, 11:10:14 am »

NG, were the links useful?
yes, I’m reading them now

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: May 19, 2020, 02:03:42 am »

*pulls hair very hard*

Out of ... STRAINED... occupational interest, does anyone know how prevalent the incidence rate is for elderly women with pronounced dementia, for *FUCKING FIXATING* on what imaginary children are doing at all hours of the goddamn night, when they SHOULD be trying to get some sleep?

I think I am experiencing caregiver burnout, because right now, I really want nothing more than for a single old lady, who shall remain nameless, to go to god damn sleep, and to stop trying to crawl out of the bed to go mess with imaginary children that do not exist, when she very much cannot walk, and certainly will hurt herself trying. (Not to mention, the very pronounced need that dementia patients have for quality sleep, which she is denying herself, with her absurd fixations about said imaginary children.)

I swear, this woman has tried to get up 6 times in 10 minutes, each time it has been about these goddamn children.

THERE ARE NONE. GO TO SLEEP. There are other people, besides you, that I need to take care of, and imaginary children are incapable of hurting themselves. 

*pulls hair*

I hate it when they assign me back here. (and they do it because the "bopsy twins" can't handle being split up.)

*EDIT*

SPEAK OF THE GODDAMN DEVIL---

That's it. She's gonna sit the night in the wheelchair. I am not stopping every 2 minutes (literally!) to assure her that the kids are fine, and that she does not need to mind them. She can go chase imaginary kids in her wheelchair, and have increased dementia because of her self-imposed sleep deprivation all she fucking wants. :(
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:09:05 am by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: May 19, 2020, 02:59:40 am »

It's the #1 reason I keep long hair--- So I can pull on the braid when I get emotionally unhinged.

And this woman has me emotionally unhinged.  THERE ARE NO CHILDREN. GO. TO. SLEEP.

But no, you cannot say that to a dementia patient, it will make them go bananas. In their world, there certainly are children, and you have to play along.  So, I have had to give little white lies about how I put them in bed, and they are just fine-- all while this woman prattles on obstinately that she "Saw the hair" and "Knew they would be up to mess with it" or some such insane dreck.  It is not possible to use reason on somebody who is, by definition, incapable of it. In her little twisted, madness suffused world, that "Hair" is real, and so are the kids that want to play with it. Neither is actually the case, but she can shuffle about impotently in her wheelchair getting crazier instead of sleeping (like she REALLY needs to be doing) all she wants.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: May 19, 2020, 03:56:07 am »

I understand how annoying that is.

But it is undoubtedly worse for the woman she used to be.

Also, wierd confirmed for Nynaeve.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: May 19, 2020, 04:07:18 am »

Aside from being the wrong gender for that-- I WISH--

If I had anything even close to the One Power at my disposal, I certainly wouldn't be *HERE*, that's for sure.

(If it were still on offer, I would start by claiming the 1 million prize for having a supernatural power, then move on to less emotionally disturbing career prospects.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:19:33 am by wierd »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: May 19, 2020, 05:01:06 am »

Gah. Day started with a broken beer can. In the bottom of the goods cart. Didn't notice until I was out by the drinks section. Had to move every single package on it to get it. Then run out with it to the other end of the store where the sinks are with dripping carton. Then run back with paper to clean it up.

Then I realised that had been leaking all the while carting it out there. So lots of more cleaning.

Worst way to start a day.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: May 20, 2020, 05:19:42 am »

Finished the third season of the show I was watching. Now I am up-to-date and, while there is a fourth season planned, it's anyone's guess when they'll be able to film it - it was supposed to start filming in March this year, but, you know.   
I suppose right now this is a common problem for anyone awaiting more episodes of, well, basically anything live-action. :'(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: May 21, 2020, 03:46:31 am »

*Sigh*...

I've got a girl visiting, someone I've known for a little while and had a few such dates with. She's nice, but she's also a little bit... Slow.

Not necessarily stupid, she just doesn't really think a lot of things through, because when she does it tends to take a while before she gets the thought through all the hoops.

While that's been interesting enough with covid-19 and trying to make sure she washes her hands each time she comes in from the outside (she does care, her dad's at risk and she doesn't want him to get sick, but she just doesn't remember things very well), this visit has been curious because she:
  • Has a cold sore
  • Doesn't seem to be the most knowledgeable on how cold sores work
  • Keeps forgetting that she has a cold sore

So one thing has been dodging her lingual advances whenever she forgets and goes in for a kiss, but this morning she woke up and decided she wanted veggies and dip for breakfast. Alright. Give me a minute to get everything prepped...

...and then partway through the bowl she double-dips without even noticing. Welp. So much for my breakfast.

And that was pretty much her last piece, she's full now, and the dip's still got 1/3rd left.

I suppose it's on me for not arranging two different bowls for this eventuality, but... Buh.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 779