Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858871 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6930 on: February 04, 2020, 11:53:04 am »

Salad is the easiest thing to make ever. Long-lasting ingredients include carrot, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower. As a base, I tend to use spinach - which doesn't last as well, but still holds up a few days in the fridge. It's also incredibly easy to alter depending on what you feel like. Throw some greens on a plate, boil an egg, cut some beetroot, add ham, even spice up the dressing. I tend to use virgin olive oil, which may be appropriate for you given your personal text. :P

Honestly, vegetables are easy peasy to prepare. You can cook 'em or even eat them raw. The only must-do is washing them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: February 04, 2020, 12:19:47 pm »

Washing. Chopping... So much chopping. Sometimes a little extra peeling for fun. Managing food waste. Chop some more. Trying to keep the veggies, cutting board, food receptacle, and whatever other junk needs washing or drying sorted because I can't keep a routine and have 30cm2 of kitchen countertop to work with. Keep going because I can eat half a dorm fridge (which is what I have) worth of veggies without getting full if it's a straight salad. Olive oil with a dash of balsamic vinegar is nice.

I've done Greek salads before. I've done very large Greek salads before. I was quite proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone enough to go through with all that!

It's not everyday fare. I'd probably just grab a carrot and go to bed rather than spend the time prepping something like that if my day ended up being anything less than energizing (which is exceedingly rare).

You have to understand, I am not well. Everything is exhausting. I am trying to get better in the kitchen, and I have some lovely and very culinarily-oriented friends around me to help with that. But most importantly, I want to make sure I eat every day.

I don't want to go back to when I didn't do that.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: February 04, 2020, 12:25:36 pm »

I mean, you can buy pre-grated carrot. And pre-peeled carrot. Tomatoes (plum ones are my favourite) only require washing. Broccoli you can also literally just break off and wash. Or buy pre-done.

Or buy a salad, of course, though that's economically silly. The only hardship in a salad is washing some things and throwing them on a plate.

I understand that everything is draining for you. But salad sounds easier than pasta...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: February 04, 2020, 12:38:12 pm »

One thing I've been abusing FAR too much lately is making my own pizza sandwiches. I have a great nonstick pan, so I don't use any oil or butter. Just regular white bread. Provolone or Mozzarella cheese slices are preferable. You can get deli pepperonis that are big for sandwiches. Acquire other meats and ingredients to your taste, I use salami, ham, and bacon (meat lovers, basically). Acquire sauce, maybe some spice or garlic to mix with it.

Place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread. Decorate with your preference of ingredients, without sauce. Put the slices together like a sandwich and grill it like a grilled ham-n-cheese. Go slow with the grilling, you want it cooked and delicious all the way through. Flip when light brown on one side, and you're almost done.
Set aside a bowl, and pour yourself some pizza sauce, this is for dipping. I prefer to have it pre-cooled in the fridge so you get a nice gradient of heat along with the flavor.
Once the sandwich is nice and brown on the other side, you're done. Dip the sandwich in the sauce for each bite, and you have yourself some premium bachelor cuisine.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: February 04, 2020, 01:01:06 pm »

I understand that everything is draining for you. But salad sounds easier than pasta...
  • Put on water
  • Sit down for a bit
  • Add salt and pasta once boiling
  • Sit down for a bit
  • Drain pasta
  • Add can of black beans
  • Oil and vinegar to taste
This has been my go-to for years. I developed a taste for it as a kid (much to the confusion of my parents), so it's comfort food, and requires little more than opening a can and waiting for it to finish itself.

That's my baseline. It's warm, it's filling, I always have some amount of appetite for it, and I don't have to think about it. Can even reuse most of the tools and dishes without having to wash them.

When I have a bit more lifepower to go around, I can pull the bag of frozen broccoli out of the fridge and make soup.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: February 04, 2020, 01:16:28 pm »

I enjoy a lot of fruit as well, as well as a cup full of psyllium husk fiber + wheat dextrin fiber supplement. It helps a lot man, modern diets are so badly in need of fiber it's crazy.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: February 04, 2020, 01:55:01 pm »

Pasta with black beans and oil and vinegar?
?
??
visible confusion
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: February 04, 2020, 02:05:39 pm »

Olive oil and balsamic vinegar, yep.

...don't ask, I honestly have no idea.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: February 04, 2020, 03:19:18 pm »

I enjoy a lot of fruit as well, as well as a cup full of psyllium husk fiber + wheat dextrin fiber supplement. It helps a lot man, modern diets are so badly in need of fiber it's crazy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: February 04, 2020, 11:00:07 pm »

I often have kidney beans+chickpeas with pasta. Mainly because they (along with 'fu) are my go-to ingredients to make a decent meal out of instant noodles or rice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: February 04, 2020, 11:35:54 pm »

Olive oil and balsamic vinegar, yep.

...don't ask, I honestly have no idea.

Sounds good to me! Like one of them fancy pasta salads you find at potlucks and such.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Tingle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: February 05, 2020, 07:59:26 am »

Fibre supplements are fine and what what, chewing actually fiber and not consuming a blended fibre powder is better as the fibre actually works through you and the flora has some houses to live in and digest for you.
But what would I know. I just talk to the old ones.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: February 05, 2020, 09:35:30 am »

I found out the other day that John Travolta is a scientologist.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: February 05, 2020, 09:42:31 am »

"What? This Xenu stuff seems pretty credible to me."

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: February 05, 2020, 11:36:31 am »

Didn't you know about this masterpiece?
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 779