Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859068 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6915 on: February 03, 2020, 09:03:10 am »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: February 03, 2020, 09:10:57 am »

How about a variant of Tic-tac-toe where you have an enlarged 9x9 grid, and the goal is to get as many 3-in-a-rows as possible. Once you have a 3-inna-row, it gets crossed off, becomes a point, and becomes impermeable for other 3-inna-rows. The game ends once all the spaces are filled or it's impossible to make any more meaningful moves. Don't know if it would be a fun or easily solved game or not.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: February 03, 2020, 09:13:10 am »

How about a variant of Tic-tac-toe where you have an enlarged 9x9 grid, and the goal is to get as many 3-in-a-rows as possible. Once you have a 3-inna-row, it gets crossed off, becomes a point, and becomes impermeable for other 3-inna-rows. The game ends once all the spaces are filled or it's impossible to make any more meaningful moves. Don't know if it would be a fun or easily solved game or not.
I could make it if you like

What type of tic-tac-toe is this???
Do you wish to take a turn?

Yes
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 11:36:24 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: February 03, 2020, 09:48:32 am »

At that point you're not longer playing tic-tac-toe but are playing a variant of Gomoku.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:47 am »

But Gomuku is a variant of tic-tac-toe
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: February 03, 2020, 11:06:59 am »

But Gomuku is a variant of tic-tac-toe

I thought he was a cartoon character.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: February 03, 2020, 11:38:12 am »

I changed a word in my post to link to the [/url= http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175494.0]game[/url]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: February 04, 2020, 12:42:51 am »

I'm having a hard time not comparing myself (unfavorably) to others with my workouts. As if I wasn't already impatient with the rate of my own progress, now I gotta invalidate all of that by looking at someone else's number and wondering what it is I'm doing wrong... I mean, I did just actually realize I was doing something wrong, which means I gotta drop weight and start over again with trying to do it right this time around, which adds to the current distress because I automatically assume this other person has been doing it right (despite the fact that she's got zero background in lifting, doesn't seem to have been reading any articles on the topic, and doesn't appear to be as anal about doing things "the right way" as I've been), and is therefore further ahead in the grand scheme of things than I am.

I'll apply every handicap to feel bad about myself, while not accepting any reason to feel good about what I actually have done.

Plus, considering how I'm still without a job, an education, or any sort of hobby or creative outlet (griping about things on here is about as close as it gets); working out is pretty much the only thing I "do". Feeling bad about where I stand in doing it is kinda shitty, especially seeing as I still really don't like doing it to begin with.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: February 04, 2020, 08:25:19 am »

Presumably you're eating well as well?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: February 04, 2020, 08:53:41 am »

Pffft, no. Then again, neither does anyone else I know so... Eh.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: February 04, 2020, 09:55:52 am »

Inconsistent after-credits scenes. Either have them, or don't. If it only sometimes have them, I will not realize that there is one.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: February 04, 2020, 11:01:16 am »

Pffft, no. Then again, neither does anyone else I know so... Eh.
Yea. Try eating better. Snack on nuts, eat porridge not cereal in the morning, drink water not fizzy stuff.

Honestly, you'll probably feel better for it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: February 04, 2020, 11:24:27 am »

I can't stand most fizzy drinks; waaay too much sugar (I cut sugar out of my diet when I hit the acne years, and never really got my sweet tooth back). Pretty much the only carbonated stuff I drink is the occasional non-alcoholic, or the even more occasional alcoholic, beer.

Sugar thing goes for cereals as well, especially since you apparently can't find a decent goddamn shredded wheat here... I'll sometimes do oatmeal, but that's honestly more bother than I normally feel like doing in the mornings.

What I mean by "I don't eat well" isn't so much "I eat a lot of junk food", it's "I eat once or twice a day, and there's not much variety". Sandwiches for breakfast and a selection of pasta with beans or veggie soup (with pasta) for dinner isn't exactly a broad range of dietary intake. Post-workout SUPREME MASS MASS GAINER powder doesn't exactly expand upon that either, but it helps keeping caloric and protein intake up.

Being suicidally depressed and perpetually anxious from a trauma diagnosis might also have something to say about my standard mood.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: February 04, 2020, 11:28:29 am »

Perhaps try changing your focus away from carbs? Swap in fish like salmon, and you'll do swimmingly ( :P ).

Seriously though, so much pasta is probably not good. Eat more leafy greens and colourful vegetables - carrots, tomatoes and the like.

Beans are also well and good, even as a dietary staple, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing, especially when it limits your intake of other foods.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: February 04, 2020, 11:46:39 am »

What limits my intake of other foods is the fact that everything takes preparation, and I have about 0 energy on a good day. I know how to make simple pasta, a simple soup, and a tex-mex spread of fresh veggie-packed salsa and sweet potato chili... that takes about 2 hours to make, after going out and shopping for all the very perishable ingredients.

I'd very much like to experiment a bit more and expand my horizons, but the problem with doing that is that I have no confidence in my ability to make something good on the first try, and fucking up dinner is a massive hit to however much I'm managing to hold up that day. Wasting food (either by having it go bad, or using it to make something inedible) is also a serious killer for me.

Having something that takes reasonably little time to make (my stove is AN AWFUL OLD BASTARD THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN PUT OUT OF ITS MISERY DECADES AGO, so everything takes a bit longer than "fast"), is piss-simple and that I know I can make, and that is made primarily from ingredients with a decent shelf life so I don't have to get bogged down in trying to meal plan or go shopping every day... Yeah. It's a survival mechanism.

I'm trying, but it takes time. I've only just recently gotten the soup down, which at least lets me get some broccoli into the mix.

Also, fish is expensive as balls. Well, decent fish is expensive as balls.  If you want some sickly gelatinous salmon-lite fillets, those you can sometimes get for a little less money... But I don't have a grill, and baked salmon offends me on a personal level even with not-awful raw materials. But my oven's a tiny combination microwave/conventional with an instruction manual in Italian anyways, so I don't think I'd even be able to find the settings to make... that.
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 779