Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859042 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5115 on: December 22, 2018, 07:35:36 pm »

About 1 for every 10 dwarves, give or take.

I only have two dwarves and a tall human.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: December 22, 2018, 07:36:52 pm »

You know those times when it'd be really nice to have a bucket, but you don't have a bucket?

This is one of those times.
So, why are you vomiting today?
From grief over not having a bucket to soak me poor footsies in.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: December 22, 2018, 07:40:49 pm »

About 1 for every 10 dwarves, give or take.

I only have two dwarves and a tall human.

You require 2/5 of one bucket. You are welcome.

@Eric, 26 is actually the cutoff for young adult for many insurance companies/state law. Check it out and see if you've leveled out of needless age insurance discrimination. Do everything you can to avoid driving without insurance. You will almost certainly lose your license if you get caught. remember that most states only require liability. Some insurance companies will try to force you to get all kinds of other vehicle insurance along with it, make sure you only get what you absolutely need.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 03:41:46 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: December 22, 2018, 07:44:48 pm »

I have 8 buckets. I'm at like 20x optimal bucket capacity.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: December 23, 2018, 12:27:09 am »

Second of all, costumes don't make vigilantes into heroes in real life, this is true. I think my favorite piece on the concept of superheroes is that all of them have the same, and most powerful ability: certainty. Batman never jumps a suspicious guy in an alley and it turns out they had paintball guns and didn't deserve to be beaten into crippling injury. Superman never accidentally punches Lex Luthor's killer robot through a daycare. Etc.

But that clear dichotomy is also, of course, part of the fantasy.
True dat. Massively powerful heroes with actual collateral damage would make for a hilarious read if done right, though - I'm not talking about the brooding, anti-hero edginess these brainless writers sometimes try to evoke, but just actual, occasional mass-destruction that goes on during superpowered fights (and is actually acknowledged, unlike some superhero things I've seen where the 'good guys' appear to be knocking as many vehicles off the roads etc. as their villainous foes but nobody seems to mention it), probably making the Average Joe rather ambivalent towards his costumed protectors.

Pretty sure I've seen at least one or two comics that did a reasonable job at this kinda thing, can't remember for sure though.

I have 8 buckets. I'm at like 20x optimal bucket capacity.
I have a friend with an excessive number of buckets. Or he had an excessive number of buckets, at least - they turned out to be rather poor-quality with brittle plastic that any decent vomit-stream could punch a hole straight through. Also I think a few were destroyed the last time their shed started to flood and we had to frantically try to repel the waters.
Thank goodness those friends installed a decent guttering system. I don't think there have been any issues this year even with all the rain we've been having.   

Realizing im turning 26 next week...
Whoa man, that's just a... month and two weeks before I do so! We're practically the same age! High-five!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: December 23, 2018, 08:17:45 pm »

There's a comic called Damage Control, which is about the eponymous corporation which cleans up after super fights.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: December 23, 2018, 08:46:01 pm »

I played Digital: A Love Story again.

"Please - never forget about me."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: December 24, 2018, 07:42:37 am »

There's a comic called Damage Control, which is about the eponymous corporation which cleans up after super fights.
Oh wow, y'know I actually had an issue of that as a kid!
Unfortunately I think I was rather too young to appreciate it. I've no idea if it was any good or not. Alas.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: December 25, 2018, 07:25:59 pm »

I finished the second-to-last chapter of EIA2... and feel a bit nervous too to start the last one yet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: December 27, 2018, 03:36:00 am »

I just woke up angry cause I had a dream where I was getting to play Smash Ultimate with a friend, and I got angry and basically yelled them out of my house. I'm already getting upset at myself when getting angry at videogames, I've already broken my trash can, computer chair, keyboard, and damaged my desk; I don't need to be bringing my salt into my dreams as well. Lying in bed thinking about it, it just felt like I had destroyed another one of my relationships. (I don't even own Smash Ultimate, I played a lot of melee, but only once against a person. Otherwise it was just another solitary experience.)
I had talked about my loneliness before, and it's just something that feels inescapable. It feels like you need perfect movie chemistry with someone just to get the ball rolling, and even then the smallest mistake destroys that ball entirely. The new analogy I thought up was that it feels like being at the bottom of a greased up pit. Just everything is greased up and slippery, so even standing at the bottom of the pit is hard. You can climb out, but the only way is with these little nub handholds on the wall, and you have to rock climb the entire way straight up. The nubs are greased too, and the path is very high up, and the smallest mistake sends you hurtling back down to the bottom, and if you get hurt noone cares...

I just don't know how anyone else does it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: December 27, 2018, 06:49:12 am »

Others do it with a lot of acting at the start, then a gradual increase of familiarity and comfort.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: December 27, 2018, 07:11:00 am »

I had a rather disturbing experience where I did something when mostly-asleep that conscious me did not want to do and did not want to have done. I felt like I'd violated myself, which is an uncomfortable sensation to say the least.

And then one of our dogs had horrific diarrhea the morning after we came back from visiting my girlfriend's mom's place, to the point where it blasted out of his rear end hard enough to hit the wall. To make matters more interesting, this was the younger of the two dogs, a silky-hair chihuahua with entirely too much fluff for his own good. He suffers from dingleberries after a normal movement, you can imagine what the poor fucker looked like after the walls of Poover Dam burst open.

On a positive note, GF bought me a copy of RDR2! Now, whenever (/if? Bluh...) I actually manage to leave her, I'll basically have to just leave it with her since I don't have a PS4. First world problems, eh?

Not that it really matters though, I'm sure I'll have 110%-ed the thing before I ever get around to actually moving my ass out of here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: December 27, 2018, 07:33:56 am »

Speaking of dreams, I just woke up from a weird evening nap, in the heat and with the ceiling light shining in my face, after a bunch of seemingly wildly-varied dreams but my scattered recollections of them quickly turned to mush. Like, I'm sure there were some really interesting parts in there, but moments after waking I was down to just a few basic elements and now I can't even remember what most of those were.

Pretty sure the only part I remember now is that I was reading Gomorrah again, or a dream-version of it at least, and talked about it briefly with my brother after I walked past whilst holding it or something. I think aspects of the book/its contents may have been bleeding over into real life/the rest of the dream, too. Then later on I think there was some dramatic skullduggery going on, and at one point a team of fighters methodically brawling with whoever their opponents may have been.
Probably really interesting, but I can't remember more than that. How disappointing and frustrating and sad. Ugh.   

Edit: come to think of it, the fact that I was napping in the first place is a sad in its own right. Especially since I did that instead of going to the shops for beer  and toilet paper (and probably some other, less-important things I am forgetting) and now it's too late and things are shut.
I guess I'll have to... I don't know. Drink hot coffee? On this warm and stuffy evening? Damnit I really need a cold beer right about now.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:22:38 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: December 27, 2018, 01:16:24 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:23:37 pm by dragdeler »
let

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: December 29, 2018, 05:05:21 pm »

I really wish when I said, posted, or what-have-you'd something that could be seen as very mildly offensive my brain wouldn't then proceed to make me feel anxious about it for days on end. It's always fine, but nope. Brain goes and flips out.

Since this includes a wide range of things, I feel pretty anxious about all sorts.

I find this mildly offensive.

don't worry, not really
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 779