Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859175 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4755 on: October 26, 2018, 06:03:42 am »

All in all I regret the action terribly, and am glad I did it.
This hits very close to home, hahaha...   

I don't crave a rapport, per se, but not bringing it up does lead to a more peaceful existence.
Fair enough. Just don't go accidentally soaking up their stupid!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: October 26, 2018, 06:08:28 am »

she thought I was attractive or because she thought I looked like a washed-up hobo.

Why not both? The whole bad-boy thing is a real thing.

It's unlikely she'd repeatedly glance at some guy she merely thought was a hobo. The mashing on the phone might be significant too. Someone who's disgusted would probably just look away, but mashing on the phone sounds like someone retreating into their safe space to cover up how embarrassed they feel, which implies she knew she had something to be embarrassed about.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: October 26, 2018, 06:10:58 am »

which implies she knew she had something to be embarrassed about.
This is pretty much the standard state of being for Norwegians, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: October 26, 2018, 06:18:26 am »

I’m not sure embarrassment is the only emotion that would motivate someone toward a safe space though :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: October 26, 2018, 07:37:38 am »

How funny it should come up today, had a post it note with "your number_______ thx :)" fall in my lap today. Now I'm wondering if I should quickly ask out who I mentionned yesterday, so to not keep wondering what if, and if that's the high-road or hybris.
I’d say go for it. That was incredibly forward of her and it’s likely that you won’t get another opportunity like that in a while. The dating pool is similar to a real pool (or at least an African watering hole) in the sense that it has wet seasons and dry seasons (though for me it’s usually dry).

Even if it is just a prank, I can say from experience that those “what if”s will haunt you for years if you don’t at least try. Learning to accept rejection is a necessary part of life, so you might as well start now.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: October 26, 2018, 10:03:03 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:00:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: October 26, 2018, 12:28:08 pm »

We didn't tip at Waffle House last night around 9PM, oh jeez.  I was just following my friend's lead because I haven't been in one for years, but I think we were supposed to tip.  Especially in a booth instead of counter!

I was dazed and exhausted but still, dang.  Our server even refilled our coffees (that's probably normal (for all I know) but was still nice).  Dang.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: October 26, 2018, 03:11:01 pm »

Yeah I'm respecting the shit out of brave girl; there wouldn't even be a second of hesitation if I didn't meet pretty girl on a daily basis... The situation just reminds the girl whom I left for my ex - and if it will be the same this time, I could spare brave girl the dissappointement by figuring out my shit sooner. But there is no way of telling if I even get along with any of the two; and damnit it's not like women allways make up their mind before acting... So I guess I'll just grant myself that very "priviledge" of simply looking how things will turn out on day by day basis.
Ah. I get it. I once had this lab partner that I liked, but I decided to give up on her because she reminded me too much of a high school crush of mine. We were close, but she did many things that wrecked me emotionally and I was worried this new girl would do the same. I don’t regret giving up on that one surprisingly.

Still think you should still consider it. I think that we both still have a lot left to learn from failed relationships.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: October 26, 2018, 03:24:13 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:58:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4764 on: October 26, 2018, 03:38:58 pm »

In the land of the SJWs, the blind man is king unproblematic?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: October 26, 2018, 03:50:55 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:58:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: October 26, 2018, 04:11:57 pm »

I forget if it was the Aspergers condition or simply high stress in HellMOO that would occasionally make you shout phrases like "I'M BLIND SO I TOUCH FACES TO SEE AND ALSO I NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOUR DICK LOOKS LIKE".

And nobody actually does that, by the by... It's just a Hollywood fact, like how we only use 10% of our brains and single male doctors all have six-pack abs.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: October 26, 2018, 04:20:02 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:58:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: October 26, 2018, 04:23:51 pm »

@Kagus SS13 used to have a "mental damage" status effect that would make you shout things like that.  Not that line specifically though.
"BI BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" was one of them, sorta thread appropriate.  Just memes though, pretty funny I guess.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: October 26, 2018, 04:35:52 pm »

That game sounds awesome, I'm eyeing the wiki.
It used to be a lot of fun, even with an EVE-like Goon stranglehold, but then a lot of politics happened and the original HellMOO went bad, fast. It's pretty much just a shadow of its former self, both gameplay-wise and playerbase-wise.

I don't think HATEMOO exists anymore, but InfernoMOO is kind of the go-to for people looking for as classic a Hell experience as possible. I haven't played in ages, and the playerbase has always been skeletal, but the old battle lines between Goons and Blindies (or otherwise handicapped individuals) are still clearly drawn on the field.

@Kagus SS13 used to have a "mental damage" status effect that would make you shout things like that.  Not that line specifically though.
"BI BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" was one of them, sorta thread appropriate.  Just memes though, pretty funny I guess.
Still does, even that phrase specifically. Got to see a lot more of it in recent months after the headmin ruling that loudly broadcasting any kind of blatant bigotry or Nazi sympathies would earn the person large amounts of brain damage. Every time they did so.

That was the most confused captain sending cross-station messages I ever had the pleasure of ghost-observing.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 779