Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1080918 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3750 on: March 22, 2018, 12:47:32 pm »

e.
TBH I wish voting was treated more like Jury duty. Not only is it a right, but a duty of the citizen to vote and there are penalties to not voting, even if it's just to cast a blank ballot.
same, I also wish people would stop voting for memes
Except you can't FORCE people to stop, because that means that not everyone who is an american born citizen over the age of, what 35 was it.. can't run for president, which is a slippery slope....

On a related topic, can we just stop with daylight savings time, it's dumb and should feel dumb

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: March 22, 2018, 12:59:53 pm »

Sure, after we fall back. I want that extra hour of sleep.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: March 22, 2018, 02:36:22 pm »

same, I also wish people would stop voting for memes
If you're not voting for memes, what exactly are you voting for?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: March 22, 2018, 03:14:36 pm »

The EC is based on the number of Senators plus Representatives in a state, so the citizen's vote simply tells then who to vote for, state-by-state.

TBH I wish voting was treated more like Jury duty. Not only is it a right, but a duty of the citizen to vote and there are penalties to not voting, even if it's just to cast a blank ballot.
Oh hey, I didn't actually notice that.  I guess that explains why the minimum is three, instead of one for house representatives.

And yeah, I would not be averse to mandatory voting.  I think the difficulties of voting are a bit overstated, but ignoring them isn't a solution.  By requiring voter participation (including through early voting) we bring attention to the difficulties which currently disenfranchise our fellow citizens.
Besides - empty ballots send a much stronger message than simply not showing up.  If that's your position.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: March 22, 2018, 09:59:17 pm »

Everyone responsible for (or who supports) Daylight Savings Time should be lined up against a wall and shot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: March 23, 2018, 09:12:11 am »

Everyone responsible for (or who supports) Daylight Savings Time should be lined up against a wall and shot.
I feel like the people responsible for it are mostly already dead

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: March 23, 2018, 09:24:30 am »

It's not even murder, then!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: March 23, 2018, 05:18:12 pm »

But it is graverobbing and desecration, which is likewise frowned upon
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: March 23, 2018, 06:43:03 pm »

They deserve it nonetheless.

...Okay, well, let's shoot everyone responsible for it still being a thing. Is that better, you pedants? :))

New MildSad: I am still sick. Also my phone seems to have died - but then it did something very similar once before, and came back to life hours later, so hopefully that's what this is. My internet is very slow, too, but on the upside with all these removed distractions I actually wrote an entry in my diary after neglecting it for so long (not a very long or comprehensive one, unfortunately, given the huge backlog of occurrences between now and the last time I properly updated it) and have read a bit more of my current book.

Oh... speaking of Mild Sads and books, my copy of Svejk was ruined the other weekend when I somehow left it out in the backyard when I had to rush to get ready and go somewhere. Whooooops. The only reason this isn't worthy of a Big Sad post is that it wasn't an old copy, and I can easily replace it from a local bookstore chain for either $6 or $3, depending on whether one of their outlets is still having their closing-down sale or not.
Still upsetting, though. :-/ For ages I thought I must have left it at a friend's place, then I went out in the backyard and saw it, horrifically swollen from rainwater... who knows, if I'd realised what had happened earlier, I may have been able to grab it before the rain got underway and save it from being ruined. Oh well.

At least now I'm re-reading The Savage Detectives. I need to get a new copy of Svejk ASAP, though, before I forget what was going on where I was up to. Technically I suppose I could still read my warped, misshapen water-damaged copy, but that would be a chore.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: March 25, 2018, 01:15:04 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:28:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: March 25, 2018, 08:15:40 pm »

You should have gotten her number so i could catfish her. Ive only been single my entire adult life with almost no opportunities to meet anybody at all
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: March 26, 2018, 05:26:11 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:28:08 pm by dragdeler »
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: March 26, 2018, 11:41:03 am »

Yeah she probably doesnt even like dwarf fortress.

I feel like shit today. Very dizzy, lightheaded. I almost wanna lame that burrito last night but i dont feel nauseous or anything
I make Spellcrafts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: March 28, 2018, 02:12:21 am »

I am currently in a doctor's waiting room, in the hopes of getting a certificate to confirm that I've been sick as a dog and unable to work.
I overheard one of the receptionists mention something about an "hour and a half" waiting time. I am seriously regretting neglecting to bring a book. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: March 28, 2018, 02:15:45 am »

....That PSP would have been real great about now.... ;P

An hour and a half? About enough time to rock the socks off super metroid.... :P

As-is though, you might try an old literary classic from Project Gutenberg. (The australia one has HP Lovecrafts stuff in it.)

See?
http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600031h.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:22:11 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 792