Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859127 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3525 on: November 21, 2017, 06:18:40 am »

I've been having nosebleeds almost daily as of late , sometimes two times a day.

I'm starting to think I should check that up.
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: November 21, 2017, 06:31:45 am »

Are you in an anime?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: November 21, 2017, 06:51:48 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:30:02 pm by dragdeler »
let

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: November 22, 2017, 09:09:25 pm »

I'm bored and I wanna write but my eyes hurt so I don't wanna be using the computer.
You can write notes or cues for later on--in notepad++ or other places where you can easily save (or not, with notepad++, as it saves everything without even saving), and then rest. You'll be reminded by those cues about your ideas later on. \o/

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: November 22, 2017, 09:34:37 pm »

Dear gods. I need to catch the train back from an appointment but apparently it's school lunchtime or some shit and there are horrifyingly exuberant and noisy highschoolers everywhere.

D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: November 23, 2017, 12:01:52 am »

It sure would be great if I never produced mucus from my nose ever again.
I know it has a purpose, but at this point it's tempting to accept more of every side effect except for the congestion.

ohey I'm driving to see half my family tomorrow... yay...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: November 23, 2017, 12:18:17 am »

Horrible diahrea the last two days and my jeep wouldnt start so i missed work last night. Hoping i dont shit my pants at work thats the last thing i need @_@
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: November 24, 2017, 10:30:01 am »

Dear gods. I need to catch the train back from an appointment but apparently it's school lunchtime or some shit and there are horrifyingly exuberant and noisy highschoolers everywhere.

D:

Just think, in a few short years, they will have all that cartoonish life sucked out of them.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: November 24, 2017, 02:03:10 pm »

I'm bored and I wanna write but my eyes hurt so I don't wanna be using the computer.
You can write notes or cues for later on--in notepad++ or other places where you can easily save (or not, with notepad++, as it saves everything without even saving), and then rest. You'll be reminded by those cues about your ideas later on. \o/
Well, I have no ideas :P I just wanna write.

Ooh! I recommend checking to see if your computer has a 'night light' built in. They don't kill all of the glare, but it helps. Failing that, you can always go into your graphics settings and remove the color blue. That does the same job.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: November 24, 2017, 02:12:21 pm »

ohey I'm driving to see half my family tomorrow... yay...
Well that went waaaaaaaay better than expected!  Like, wow.  No drama, great food, got to chat about all the recent stuff in my life and shed a lot of mostly-irrational anxiety!

I'm mildly sad/terrified that I was late, and very nearly skipped.  It was scary close, and I'd be feeling a lot darker right now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: November 24, 2017, 02:35:17 pm »

Food solves many problems. Hell, it doesn't even have to be good food, though that helps. :P
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: November 27, 2017, 05:29:23 am »

There's a show on commercial TV called "Monkeys Make You Laugh Out Loud" which solely consists of videos they got off youtube of funny monkeys. Makes me sad that such a thing exists and people watch it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 27, 2017, 08:50:14 am »

Was going to post this in the wtf thread, but then it occurred to me that it is a somewhat sad wtf.

Earlier today one of my closest friends told me "good to hear from you" in a text message replying to one I'd sent. At first I thought, "wtf I see him all the time, that makes it sound like we haven't hung out in ages," then I realised "wtf, we haven't hung out in ages."

Indeed, I haven't seen any of that group of friends (a few of whom live together) in quite a while - since I got back from my trip, in fact. That was - I just checked - over two weeks ago.
Normally I spend a lot of time with those friends. I guess things did transpire during said trip of mine to put me in a bit of a slump, but it hasn't been that bad. It's not like I've been moping around at home (more than usual), in fact my social life was rather packed for the past couple of weekends.
That was probably the main cause of it: I just had a busy schedule involving unrelated hobbies and social circles and... yeah. I kinda forgot where I was going with this post.

I know I wanted to mention how that whole train of thought led to me then pondering how few really "close friends" I have, as in friends who it would seem weird not to see for a while and who would actually notice my absence from their lives (or go as far as to mention it to me, anyway).
Plus I need to pick up those books I mentioned in the reading thread from these friends. How have I not done that yet?!

...Well I should really sleep. I'm sure this post, in which I intended to briefly describe a situation and my feelings about it, has doubtless turned into a rambly mess that fails to get the point across anyway, but alas.

I'm set to go camping with those friends next weekend, at least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: November 28, 2017, 02:27:27 am »

So I decided to upgrade from ADSL to glassfibre, since for 2 euros more per month I shouldn't really not do that.

Two mechanics arrive this early morning, only to find that the provider has misinformed them about the connection, and instead of glassfibre already having been extended into my house, they still need dig it up from the ground to bring it in from the street. So they went away again, and another team is needed for that. ETA unknown.

D-oh. I already knew that was going to happen. When I called my provider for the upgrade, they said glassfibre was already in my house, I told them, that as far as I am aware, it isn't, because I've never had glassfibre. They insisted it was there, so I was like "ok I guess maybe the previous tenants 7 years ago had glassfibre".

Well, not. Now I need to go contact the provider as soon as their helpdesk opens for office hours, to prevent them from diabling my current ASDL connection until I get my glassfibre (which was supposed to be done today).

Mildly sad, because I needn't have woken up at 7am to make coffee for early mechanics.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:35:56 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: December 01, 2017, 12:15:00 am »

My last Pathfinder game here slowly died due to a combination of lack of updates, lack of responses, and a gradual decline in interest. That's fine, sometimes things just don't work out, I'll try something else, someday I'll run something that progresses beyond the second fight or so. That's not what I'm vaguely sad about.

What I'm vaguely sad about is that I cannot seem to pick a theme for my next world building project. One day, I want to do a Thirty Years' War-style setting. The next morning I'll wake up and try to make a late Sengoku/possibly Edo Japan-themed setting. I'll have lunch and get cracking on a Ming China-inspired setting. I'll head to sleep after browsing Wikipedia articles about the Ottoman Empire to help make a setting based on that. It's been these four ideas that keep on juggling around in my head, albeit with smaller ideas (the ones I can remember off the top of my head being Safavid Iran, late 1500s Malaysia and Indonesia with bits of Polynesia, and early modern Ethiopia) tossed in here and there for a couple hours or so.

I'm loathe to try to combine these concepts in any significant way, because I'm terrible at mixing dissonant things, and the reason I keep switching between ideas is because I like the style or feel of each individual source of inspiration. It's a relatively specific time period (roughly 1580 to 1650) I'm interested in, partly because I'm more familiar with it and partly because I don't see that kind of thing written into fantasy settings too often. If nothing else, I take consolation in the fact that the roughly similar magic level and vagueness about the presence and power level of deities means that I can write them all into being part of the same setting, so in a distant way anything I come up with enriches the setting a little bit regardless of what I pick in the end.

I just wish I could stick to an idea, really. My last game died in part because my interest in the early Middle Ages waned; the one before that, because my interest in the Victorian era waned (although, bluntly, I half-assed that setting. Those were the days when I used random world generators... eep.) And I don't want to write a book, because I want an interpersonal experience, where other people interact with the world as I build it, not long after I've finished it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 779