Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1083692 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2400 on: January 10, 2017, 03:29:10 pm »

...Guess he made himself four quesadillas? Sounds the most likely thing to me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2401 on: January 10, 2017, 07:26:02 pm »

Wow, that's disrespectful. On the plus side, you [won't be|weren't] farting from beans during the house inspection. :P
Good point, that is true.
I came close enough to crapping my pants in shock anyway when I saw how nice the place was! This is kind of exciting.
Really nice old building inside and out, but with a comfortable modern bathroom to keep fussier types happy. Oh, and it has a separate toilet, which is always nice. In a really nice area, too, surrounded by similarly old, heritage-rich buildings and not far from a train station. It's in basically one of the most sought-after suburbs in the city and has four bedrooms.

It's like the ultimate place to live in my opinion. I hope some of my potential housemates feel the same way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: January 10, 2017, 11:24:53 pm »

What?
Yahoo has been going downhill for a long time, they've finally fucked up so much that I can no longer access my email accounts.
Anyone suggest viable places for emails? ._. I've been feeling the same given several notices of security compromise so...wondering if I should just change my email altogether.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will likely never have any of these, and that just saddens me.
You may have to peel the drippings off, especially with the stickiness and gravity pulling the rest down. :O
And on the wood too. :P

That looks like something done in Belgium or Germany?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: January 10, 2017, 11:26:44 pm »

@Tiruin:Uhhh...Gmail works?  If you're looking for more secure email providers I recommend searching.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: January 10, 2017, 11:38:41 pm »

Gmail (regular email which google's robots read)
Protonmail (secure email)

I don't know if protonmail makes money or will continue to exist in the future. I'm not saying it won't, I'm just saying I don't know.
You probably already have a google account and therefore a gmail account, if you have an android phone.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: January 12, 2017, 09:07:00 am »

I've finally decided to change all my passwords, since I actually have important accounts now. It's going to suck until I get them all memorized, no more logging into things on the first try for me.

EDIT: To avoid changing them all another five times when I inevitably forget, I have them written down. I'm that person in videogames that makes an audio log with a vital password in it, then just leaves it lying around for anybody to pick up.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:10:25 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: January 12, 2017, 11:55:35 am »

That's most people, actually.

I recommend KeePass. It's open source password management software, stores your passwords encrypted so you only have to memorize one* password. I store my password database file on OneDrive because I'm quite mad, probably. Wouldn't want to lose it if my computer died but don't want to back it up repeatedly.

* probably still have to memorize your Windows/Microsoft password so you can log in to Windows, though. Or for whatever your OS is.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: January 12, 2017, 12:16:58 pm »

Keep them on paper, in a notebook you typically use for class notes. Nobody is going to dig through your algebra homework expecting to find something useful.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: January 12, 2017, 03:19:20 pm »

Relevant Xkcd

I tried that xkcd's suggestion once, with a router encryption key. I can never remember it correctly because the words turn into synonyms and rearrange themselves and the number(s) change and etc. It's much easier to memorize a password composed of random characters and symbols, at least for me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: January 12, 2017, 03:28:22 pm »

I used to make long phrases, then compress them into acronyms and add numbers and a symbol.

Or rather, that's what I did once and then used that password everywhere. Hence password change.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: January 12, 2017, 03:35:27 pm »

I once used a full semi-obscure quote with some numbers added at the end as a password. May not be the safest thing around, but what are the odds for someone to try cracking a password taking that kind of stuff into account?
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: January 12, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »

I use whole lines from Shakespeare plays as passwords.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: January 12, 2017, 09:12:25 pm »

Disclosing this information makes your password significantly weaker...
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: January 12, 2017, 10:16:26 pm »

I like using badly translated sentences crossed with random song titles as passwords. I find them easy to remember and hilarious.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 792