Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859135 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1920 on: October 15, 2016, 10:04:00 am »

We cal lthose ameme
Is Lthose something like Cthulhu?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: October 15, 2016, 11:51:45 am »

omnipotent cosmic horrors are actually the dankest shitposters

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: October 15, 2016, 01:56:12 pm »

We cal lthose ameme
I gue ssma ybe Cthulhu f'thagn
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #1923 on: October 15, 2016, 01:59:26 pm »

We cal lthose ameme
I gue ssma ybe Cthulhu f'thagn
No,y oum eanC thulhuf 'tagn.

"Noi! Yuum eank thul-huf Tagn!" Sounds quite interesting.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: October 17, 2016, 01:20:31 pm »

You know, my university is disgustingly easy to breeze through with max or near-max grades compared to some of the stuff I've heard about Eastern Asian ones. I haven't failed a single subject (though there were some times where it was only due to me getting really lucky with choice of examiner), and I've only had one "mediocre" grade in my entire bachelor's 4 year course because I literally did not prepare for the exam (theoretical mechanics are kind of hard to wing), and I have had only max grades since I've entered master's course. It's kind of mildly sad because, while it leaves me a lot of free time, it also doesn't give me a good way of challenging myself.

I guess the lesson here is that I must find and solve my own tasks in that free time (like my scientific studies for my "master's work", IDK how it's properly translated), but it's kind of on the whole another level of difficulty and I still have no concrete idea how I'm going to carry them out, rather alarming after almost three years of thinking.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try harder!
._.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: October 17, 2016, 01:24:06 pm »

You know, my university is disgustingly easy to breeze through with max or near-max grades compared to some of the stuff I've heard about Eastern Asian ones. I haven't failed a single subject (though there were some times where it was only due to me getting really lucky with choice of examiner), and I've only had one "mediocre" grade in my entire bachelor's 4 year course because I literally did not prepare for the exam (theoretical mechanics are kind of hard to wing), and I have had only max grades since I've entered master's course. It's kind of mildly sad because, while it leaves me a lot of free time, it also doesn't give me a good way of challenging myself.

I guess the lesson here is that I must find and solve my own tasks in that free time (like my scientific studies for my "master's work", IDK how it's properly translated), but it's kind of on the whole another level of difficulty and I still have no concrete idea how I'm going to carry them out, rather alarming after almost three years of thinking.

Is not MIFI like turbosuperultramegaalphahardcore?  ???
Entering exam scores required are like 95/100 average score for exams.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: October 17, 2016, 01:40:04 pm »

Is not MIFI like turbosuperultramegaalphahardcore?  ???
Entering exam scores required are like 95/100 average score for exams.
...it's that high now? Back when I was entering, I had about 233/300 or so, and that, funnily enough, meant that I didn't get where I wanted to at first - the "Theoretical and experimental physics" faculty, but instead got to the second place I wanted - "Physical-technical" faculty one. Which turned out better for me, since I've realized soon after that I suck at theoretical sciences :D

And I guess it is pretty hardcore, it's just that I'm horribly, horribly broken (in a good way). Back when I was in lyceum, I've got 36/36 points on some colloquium on trigonometry about which the math teacher said afterwards that I was the second person in her knowledge to ever do that.

I quit somewhat soon afterwards because I felt like I was dying from stupid amounts of overwork and heat (restricting black uniforms in +20...+25 C in summer in enclosed non-ventilated rooms are not fun), but still, broken as hell.
._.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1927 on: October 17, 2016, 04:28:49 pm »

Sergarr2stronk biower pls nerf

Well hey, at least you're broken in the good way, i'm still secretly trying to glue my pieces together. :v
Also it saddens me mildly that Shadow Warrior 2 only barely runs playably on my laptop, it's such a fun game and i would play it to death if it ran better. I mean, i'm used to low performance from my childhood because my brother always had the better PC, but it's been a gorillion years since that's been relevant on the lowest settings. At least it's actually playable, even if not optimally so. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: October 17, 2016, 05:53:15 pm »

Hey, you'll appreciate it all the more when you finally can run it! I beat all of Resident Evil 4 on less than ten FPS, and it's a whole different game now that I can actually play it the way it was meant to be.

It's a testament to how fun some games are that you can play them with butt-ugly graphics and jittery framerate and still have a ton of fun.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: October 18, 2016, 02:08:02 pm »

Oh boy, I remember playing, or rather trying to play, Morrowind on, like, three FPS, back in like 2005 or something. Made it quite literally unplayable. Didn't stop me from trying several times, because it was the most overhyped RPG in concurrent time I was trying to play it and I was totally hyped to be able to play and I wasn't really able to play it :-\
._.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: N'wah edition
« Reply #1930 on: October 18, 2016, 02:31:40 pm »

I stayed up way too late last night, spending two hours solid refreshing multiple Amazon pages trying desperately to purchase a Pokémon Go Plus device... They were doing small restocks every 10-15 minutes or so, but selling out in seconds each time. After dozens of attempts (Add to cart -> Your cart is empty! The item's sold out!) the closest I managed was getting as far as the payment screen before Amazon decided it needed me to redo my credit card info, so of course it was sold out by the time I finished typing it in. :/

End result was I ended up angering my RSI in the process of (unsuccessfully) attempting to buy something to help with my RSI.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: October 18, 2016, 06:48:37 pm »

Started reading Prequel Adventure. Now that I'm really into it and eager to see what happens next... I check the front page and the last update was this time last year. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: October 18, 2016, 10:19:04 pm »

Today has been a huge pain in the arse, being stuffed around by unhelpful government drones and unhelpful medical staff alike.
Can't be bothered going into any more detail, this has left me drained of all energy. Basically, I thought I had things pretty much sorted yesterday, but now it turns out I'm going to have to screw around all over again tomorrow due to some cursed bureaucracy. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #1933 on: October 19, 2016, 01:04:06 pm »

Also I forgot to mention but yesterday I spent 3 euros on a claw machine and didn't get anything.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #1934 on: October 19, 2016, 01:16:12 pm »

I have a mild headache which prevents me from doing a thing. I want to have this headache gone so that I can do a thing but it refuses to leave my head despite me taking aspirin, and so as a result I can't do a thing, even though I really want to.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 779