Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858917 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1770 on: September 16, 2016, 02:08:58 pm »

Th4DwArfY1 confirmed for gypsy invader.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1771 on: September 16, 2016, 02:14:06 pm »

I appear to have acquired a girl of my dreams. By which I mean that I think I've dreamed about the same girl (who I have never met) three times. I feel like you're not supposed to have dreamed about the same person enough to have had conversations with them and a mild crush.

Also it's gonna be slightly weird if I meet a girl named Thea in the near future.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 16, 2016, 03:03:44 pm »

I appear to have acquired a girl of my dreams. By which I mean that I think I've dreamed about the same girl (who I have never met) three times. I feel like you're not supposed to have dreamed about the same person enough to have had conversations with them and a mild crush.

Also it's gonna be slightly weird if I meet a girl named Thea in the near future.
Be careful, she may be a succubus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 17, 2016, 11:26:53 am »

It's almost Autumn, and the first frost is coming soon. I love that time of year, but I'm running out of growing season for our tomatoes. For most of the season, I blamed deer for eating the flowers and fruits before they ripened (they did eat them), so I started spraying the plants with a mix of strong chili tea and peppermint oil to keep them away. Even though the grazing more or less stopped, we still didn't get many new fruits.

Today, I saw some withered flowers, and realized they were dying without being pollinated. The deer repellent must have kept all the pollinating insects away from the surviving flowers too. It was my fault all along.

My black-thumbed curse continues, it would seem. :[

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 19, 2016, 03:23:42 am »

I just recalled an extremely nice Harry Potter figurine/doll I had as a younger child. It had all cloth clothing and good articulation and stood up well and was in general a very nice figure. I would like to have it on display but I forgot it even existed until now. It vanished into the mists of time, along with my Lego collection and Spider-Man figure that I was especially fond of, even though I didn't much care for Spider-Man.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: September 19, 2016, 06:31:08 am »

I happened across an abandoned antique computer. I'm going to donate it to a museum.
Apparently all museums that would have an interest in a Teleguide terminal and that I can find with a cursory Google search already have one. Now what am I to do with this rare piece of obsolete tech?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 19, 2016, 07:40:13 am »

I happened across an abandoned antique computer. I'm going to donate it to a museum.
Apparently all museums that would have an interest in a Teleguide terminal and that I can find with a cursory Google search already have one. Now what am I to do with this rare piece of obsolete tech?

Sell it on ebay?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 19, 2016, 07:42:09 am »

EmptiedEmptying my savings account for electricity and Steam games. Whatever. Not like there was much in there anyway. ::)
Mostly I'm just mad at myself for spending it on games, and not something sensible like whiskey.

Oh, I guess I bought some music too. That was probably under $20 in total, though. Mostly games and power bill.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1778 on: September 19, 2016, 09:33:33 am »

On the plus side, now you can play games and run your kettle. It's probably better for your liver, although if you drink enough tea (you're a tea junkie right? If not, substitute coffee) the load might just move to your kidneys.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 19, 2016, 09:44:42 am »

Well, actually I'm at my mother's place currently, using her power; the bill was for my place. :P
And I drink both tea and coffee. Lots of both, although probably slightly more coffee since I refuse to drink teabag tea and the hot beverages around here are often made by folks with lower standards than I. Man, I could sure do with a nice Irish coffee right about now.

New Mild Sad: I was playing a multiplayer FPS, running along shootin' fools, when something really, really, really, really, really clever and/or really, really, really, really profound occurred to me, but I was preoccupied with shootin' fools and trying not to die and by the time I had a chance to stop and think I'd forgotten what it was I'd thought of. :'(

It was really wise and funny, whatever it was, and I think I'd planning on posting it on social media or something like that.
If only I could remember what it was... argh. At least I can remember the other wisdom nugget I thought of earlier.
That's something, at least, although that one would be best used when dropped into an existing conversation. I should probably write it down.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 20, 2016, 09:07:53 pm »

I was literally right about to start an actual, legitimate conversation with my crush for the first time when I was informed I had fifteen minutes to change into a 3-piece suit. I subsequently had to get on a packed bus with five pieces of torso-wear on and sat in the sun for half an hour.

Not my best day.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 20, 2016, 09:12:18 pm »

This is the third time I have started the dryer on the same load of wash.

Not counting having to run half of it again to get the soap out.

*hugs Tawa*

Impress her with the suit.  ;P

You'll have other chances.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:21:55 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:58 pm »

I'm confident that I can strike up the conversation tomorrow. I know precisely what I intend to say and everything. Here's hoping!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 20, 2016, 10:39:57 pm »

I'm confident that I can strike up the conversation tomorrow. I know precisely what I intend to say and everything. Here's hoping!
Yay!

*enthusiasm!*

You got this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 21, 2016, 12:27:52 am »

You know, I've never posted in this thread, but with the other thread discussing self-harm I figure my romantic troubles need a lighter locale.

Well, I tried to ask out the girl in my stats class. I say "tried' for a reason: I figured out a neat way of bringing up the topic, and as I get past the set up (short version: she keeps a very busy schedule, and I propose a date as a break) and get to the moment of, I\fizzled out. I actually just stopped talking for a good couple of seconds, right in the middle of a sentence. She didn't seem to notice the implication (and I didn't give any indication that anything had happened other then forgotting my train of thought, although in my head I was in full panic mode), and what I ended up proposing wasn't so much a casual date as a hangout. That's not a bad thing strictly speaking (and under normal circumstances, I'd be pretty satisfied with that outcome), but it does mean that I'm unsure whether I've actually broken the barrier and explicitly indicated interest in her (which I wanted to actually go ahead and do for once). That's disappointing because the advantage to forcing myself to, well, actually go out there and ask someone out would be that I'd get an actual yes/no/maybe rather then just speculating in my head ad infinitum. She said yes, but not to the question I wanted to ask, and that makes me mildly sad.

It could be worse I suppose. She could have said no to even a hangout! That would've really shown I was totally off-base about her interest. She seemed happy that I had asked too, which is also a good sign. Again it's not the end, but I was hoping to know where I stood more definitively, so that's my mess up for the day.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 779