Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858975 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #555 on: April 04, 2016, 10:20:22 pm »

Welp, power went out. Thank god I have a laptop with a functioning battery
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 05, 2016, 03:31:34 am »

Welp, power went out. Thank god I have a laptop with a functioning battery
Are you like tethered to your phone or something then? I mean if the power went out than generally that means that your router isn't getting power either, so nothing to connect to the internet through. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 05, 2016, 03:37:12 am »

I actually posted that on the phone, then went back to dwarf fortress.
It is no longer a sad, because the power came back on before my battery died.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #558 on: April 05, 2016, 03:54:31 am »

Are you like tethered to your phone or something then? I mean if the power went out than generally that means that your router isn't getting power either, so nothing to connect to the internet through. :P
Dialup
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 05, 2016, 04:27:06 am »

My housemate and friends came home and interrupted my relaxing music session in the garage after I'd only managed to listen to one album. I guess it's back to sitting in my room, trying to listen to stuff through my one remaining earphone. :-\

At least I got to listen to one of my new tapes- I've been meaning to give them all a play for a while.
Hopefully soon our main tape player will be back from being serviced and I can pilfer the other one for use in my room. Maybe I'll grab some decent speakers to use with it, too. Setting my room up with a proper sound system would be amazing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2016, 12:13:23 pm »

Dialup
The vast majority of dialup modems still have to plug into some sort of power source (usually the wall), same as any other modem or router. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2016, 01:17:40 pm »

Right now I'm working on something and I really feel like getting a coffee (a hot one), but our kettle is rather noisy and there is someone sleeping on the couch in the lounge room, which is attached to the kitchen via an open doorway. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2016, 02:59:06 pm »

Mmm mmm mmm being weened off my abilify means depression come back! and more procrastination issues!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2016, 03:01:32 pm »

*applies hugpats to Neonivek*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2016, 03:58:44 pm »

I was about to take advantage of being awake so early (due to not sleeping) and go buy some still-warm pizza rolls from the store, but then I realised it is raining. Not too heavy, but heavy enough that I would be pretty wet if I walked to the shops in it. :-\
Since I lack any easy way of getting dry once I return (the heater's in the lounge room, and someone is still sleeping in there), I guess I won't go.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2016, 04:02:48 pm »

You don't own an umbrella?

Someone get this man an umbrella.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2016, 05:57:35 pm »

I dont own an umbrella either.
I have a jacket, though.
I make Spellcrafts!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2016, 06:05:33 pm »

I was about to take advantage of being awake so early (due to not sleeping) and go buy some still-warm pizza rolls from the store, but then I realised it is raining. Not too heavy, but heavy enough that I would be pretty wet if I walked to the shops in it. :-\
Since I lack any easy way of getting dry once I return (the heater's in the lounge room, and someone is still sleeping in there), I guess I won't go.
I'm sure I'm too late, but do you have any large garbage bags? Cut a hole in the bottom, then wear it as a poncho.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 05, 2016, 06:52:21 pm »

I feel like I've done a ton of stuff today, and yet there's still somehow more to do. I have to read a pretty insane amount of boring, dry text for Persuasion, I have to make four forum posts for the same, begin writing a speech (still on Persuasion), do my Calculus homework, and even remember that I'm enrolled in an online course in the first place.

And that's just schoolwork. I have to study and retake my driver's permit test as well, work this weekend, struggle vainly to work on some personal interest projects, and I'm sure there's some other shit I'm forgetting.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 05, 2016, 06:57:56 pm »

One post down?

Oh, darn, they meant a Special Forum, didn't they.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 779