Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859007 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2016, 10:32:05 am »

I hate using C and C++, they are the most frustratingly tedious and obtuse languages I have ever attempted to learn. Yes yes low-level applications, memory efficiency, etc. but it's still really dull and sucks the joy out of creating a thing on your computer.

However, the knowledge that I will never be a "real" programmer without at least being okay at C saddens me in an existential way. I would like to be good at C++, but hell if I know how that is going to happen.
Isn't that the one where even the simplest thing in the world looks like (((((%#@$&!*T$&*#H(@))$W&I__++0)))))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2016, 10:51:39 am »

Nah, it's fairly understandable on a basic level, but the advanced stuff is a right pain in the bollocks to learn. C++ is the harder of the two, but none of them are actually easy due to the number of intricacies involved (i mean shit, look at how long this C++ tutorial is). Basically, good luck. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 15, 2016, 11:06:24 am »

Also, check for that mold again. I know you've had mold problems in the past. Fungi are not good for your lungs.

@tiruin: Probably should have a professional (as in someone who knows what to look for, how to look for it, and where) investigate whether you have a mold problem.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2016, 11:23:11 am »

Also, check for that mold again. I know you've had mold problems in the past. Fungi are not good for your lungs.

@tiruin: Probably should have a professional (as in someone who knows what to look for, how to look for it, and where) investigate whether you have a mold problem.

This is true, I lived with mold for years... it wasn't until I took an extended trip (3 months) away from home and came back did I realize how much it knocked out of me just living there.

Thought it was just minor water stains for the longest time, but finally had a professional come in and they said leaks in the roof had caused some amount of water damage and mold in about 40% of our walls and ceilings.

On the other hand, it is still flu season. My whole family has caught some sort of bug which had a lingering cough attributed to it. Start feeling better within a week but the cough lasts better part of a month.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2016, 04:53:42 pm »

Once again I'm left with the vague impression of an exciting dream I had, but no recollection of the details. :-\

Also I have the sniffles this morning. Plus I'm still sad from yesterday.

Edit: DAMNIT why does my laptop not have an SD card slot? And why did I not realise this until now, when I need one?
My camera apparently lacks any ports for micro or mini USB plugs. I wasted quite a bit of time trying to photograph myself wearing this shirt. -_-
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:18:38 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 16, 2016, 09:25:17 am »

I thought Dragon Quest Joker 3 was coming out on the 24th...

Turns out that is just the Japanese release date... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 16, 2016, 09:37:23 am »

Its always the jpn release date first, unless the company is not infact, from japan. Or they copy pokemon and stick to a single release date.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2016, 09:38:58 am »

Its always the jpn release date first, unless the company is not infact, from japan. Or they copy pokemon and stick to a single release date.

There is no American release date... while not likely it is possible they will never release in the states...

----

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Tumblr... too much tumblr stupidity. Listened to some Jerk who is a TOTAL utter Ass... but who is dealing with people who are even worse...

But after listening to him long enough... (and I'd link you... but honestly... He is as bad as he sounds...)

Do people HONESTLY believe in "Cultural Appropriation"?

It is so contradictory to, well... "How things work" (For example the English Language itself is a hodgepodge of other languages spread across the world. Or how the Roman's used the gods of several religions in their pantheon, not just the Greek's.) I thought it was just one of those esoteric terms people invent just to be offended.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:39:14 am by Neonivek »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2016, 03:56:17 pm »

Unity 5.4 public beta is out. Smart Sprite and official tilemaps are still nowhere to be seen. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 16, 2016, 05:35:02 pm »

Neon, taking tumblr too seriously leads to the same sort of headaches you'd get from reading /b/ in a non-silly way. You'd be better off describing bad animes :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2016, 05:43:59 pm »

You'd be better off describing bad animes :)
Or pointing out redundancies.
* Yoink drops the mic and struts off stage.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #416 on: March 16, 2016, 09:22:42 pm »

You'd be better off describing bad animes :)
Or pointing out redundancies.
* Yoink drops the mic and struts off stage.

T R I G G E R E D
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 17, 2016, 02:07:12 am »

-snop-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:38:18 pm by Solifuge »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 17, 2016, 02:55:08 am »

I have terrible chinese rap associated with sad memories.

We should have a weird sad memory trigger contest.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #419 on: March 17, 2016, 03:01:52 am »

We should have a weird sad memory trigger contest.
For me, ELO and blu-tack.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 779