Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859181 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2016, 09:46:33 am »

Oh, and also we breed like crazy so a few of us getting snuffed is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. And we have this weird thing where we get pissed even if you make trouble for someone relatively unrelated - someone who happens to live in the same area, or whose ancestors did something for our ancestors a couple centuries ago, for example - that pissing off even a single one of us can get you into a huge amount of trouble. Doubly so because we tend to carry grudges for a long time and have a surprising tendency to fight with irrational persistence and dedication, even including a willingness for self-sacrifice.

We're scary-ass motherfuckers, is what I'm saying.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2016, 10:23:50 am »

Well, I guess that what I meant was that most living beings in general are just fragile. It would be nice if we were able to reanimate ourself on death.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2016, 12:50:25 pm »

I want to play Deus Ex. However, there are a large number of graphical bugs with Deus Ex on modern Windows that make it unplayable IMHO. For example, a fan-made DX10 patch appears to add some sort of weird light-adjustment feature, which is REALLY annoying.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2016, 02:14:15 pm »

three days and three nights with very disturbed sleep and nightmares.

I am usually not that affected by nightmares, but it seems I am having a lot of anxiety about something.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2016, 03:46:38 pm »

Can't make the Wifi work at a Panera for some reason.

Got it working.  Somehow.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:09:10 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2016, 04:09:56 pm »

Humans are  silly apes. Humans insisting on human awesomenness are silly apes putting on airs.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2016, 12:19:08 am »

One of my favourite (possibly the favourite) shows just revealed a whole bunch of merch for sale.
Stuff like badges, mugs, shirts, posters... all of it is awesome. But I can't afford to buy any of it this fortnight! :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2016, 02:14:01 am »

Humans aren't fragile at all. I'd start going into details on what deformations, injuries, and general trauma we're able to withstand and recover from, but I don't want to make people throw up and/or lose faith in humanity once and for all.

But look at this, for example. One note though: What they call 'pursuit predation' really is called 'persistence hunting'.

"Funny, isn't it? The human was impervious to our most powerful magnetic fields, yet in the end he succumbed to a harmless sharpened stick!"
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2016, 02:40:20 am »

"Funny, isn't it? The human was impervious to our most powerful magnetic fields, yet in the end he succumbed to a harmless sharpened stick!"
Did the sharpened stick kill him, or is he just going to yank it out and come back in a few weeks with body armour? Also, how many friends does he have? Lots? I'm betting lots.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2016, 08:48:09 am »

I think my social life went wrong somewhere along the way.
Oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2016, 10:18:32 am »

All this talk about humans being crazy powerful aliens reminds me of this story (and the sequel), where we basically pull the craziest plan and convince everyone else that we are the most horrific beings in the galaxy. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2016, 12:29:11 pm »

Ooh, is that the stuff about The Veil? It sounds like it from the intro of the second one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2016, 12:32:18 pm »

Ooh, is that the stuff about The Veil? It sounds like it from the intro of the second one.
The "Veil of Madness"? Yeah, those are the ones. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2016, 02:56:27 pm »

Huh. Didn't know there was a sequel. Time to READREADREAD.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »

Removed. There used to be a link to an archived greentext thing from 4chan here but there was some pretty NSFW stuff further down I didn't notice. If anyone actually clicked the link they must've either not seen it either or not been bothered, but I don't wanna just leave it here.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:45:59 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 779