Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1080949 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3585 on: December 25, 2017, 07:44:38 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:30:21 pm by dragdeler »
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: December 28, 2017, 10:58:06 pm »

So christmas and my birthday are both cancelled this year because we all have to work. Mom has been working for like two weeks non stop she hasnt even been home, shes sleeping in the guest bedroom upstairs, because more than half their staff refused to work. I guess she gets to tell them theyre all fired tho. When i saw her last we immediately got into a big argument over me not having glasses (the puppy ate them), so this definitely hasnt been good for her
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: January 04, 2018, 08:09:23 am »

Ssoooo... anyone else looking forward to not being able to afford replacing their cpu with something lacking the apparently ubiquitous security flaw in more or less every chip made in like the last decade? I know I'm not :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: January 04, 2018, 12:58:03 pm »

We had to euthanize my mom's dog today. Big 80 pound Beagle/Australian Ridge Back Hunter. A really sweet boy, he was only 12. But it looks like he went full diabetic sometime in the last month or so. The vet took one look at him and recommended we put him down, as treating a diabetic elderly dog of his size is both expensive and unpleasant for everyone. Still feel bad though, I feel like it wasn't his time. He didn't get hardly any exercise and I don't doubt that contributed to his diabetes. Happy Trails Rufus, you will be missed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: January 04, 2018, 07:47:51 pm »

My condolences, Nenjin :/ Losing a dog is always hard.

Spoiler: mild sad (click to show/hide)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: January 04, 2018, 10:19:52 pm »

Ooh. Now imagine doing that, but with oncoming headlights more or less blinding you as they go past, and intermittent hallucinations making it look like something off to the sides is getting ready to come out into the roads.

... I really don't like night driving anymore, at the absolute least at any time that isn't like two in the morning when everyone else is asleep.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: January 05, 2018, 01:54:55 pm »

God I hate those things. I can't tell if they're brights are on or if they paid extra for the asshole package. Those headlights to me are an extension of the thinking behind SUVs: you can't see past them, and they will destroy anything they collide with that isn't their size. A sort of "Fuck you, I got mine attitude." Headlights that help you see but both fuck over the people in front of you and the people coming the other way seems tailored to the same kind of mentality.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3592 on: January 09, 2018, 07:33:32 am »

Devilman: Crybaby
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: January 09, 2018, 11:13:25 am »

One of the first strategy games I've played, and one of my favourite ones, which still holds up today as a fun romp and looks pretty damn good for a 16 year old game, SWINE, doesn't work on Windows 10 for whatever reason. The game starts up fine, and I can do the tutorial and all but both of the main campaigns play the intro video before the game screen goes into a black window and becomes unresponsive. Since it's such an old game there's virtually no support online for it :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: January 09, 2018, 05:56:43 pm »

Every time I look at something related to Kung Fu Panda 3 I'm reminded of how they just didn't do as good a job on it as they could've. The actual movie turned out fine, but it's so easy to see how they could've made the story better, the villain more appropriate, the everything more ... KFP2 was one of the best sequels I've ever seen for an animated movie in every department. They did everything better than the first, built on it without losing its feel. If they could've done that for the third ... it would've easily been one of my favorite movies of all time. Instead it's just ... it's good, don't get me wrong, but the core message at the center of the story just isn't there like it is with the other two films.

Nnnnnnnnnnnngh unrealized potential
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: January 09, 2018, 07:13:05 pm »

I'm stuck in the hospital and it's amazingly painfully boring here. Like to the point I can't even make myself do stuff on the laptop I had brought for me. ... Even if it's my main system and has everything I'd potentially want to really do on it.

Gah. Just wanted to vent a bit more.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: January 10, 2018, 01:08:05 am »

But why are you in the hospital?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: January 10, 2018, 01:27:46 am »

I broke my neck. Thankfully the important parts of my spine and shit aren't affected so I'm not gonna be paralyzed in any way but it's still nasty. I'm already sick of this neck brace.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: January 10, 2018, 01:34:36 am »

Broken necks aren't any fun, I'm glad you're okay. I feel you though on the brace, they're a hell of a hassle.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 792