Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1080589 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2100 on: November 13, 2016, 03:18:39 am »

Checked a particular forum game that I applied to, but was not accepted due to the already amazing players (and then there's me :V) and small limit.
Was reminded of writing sads, and also just that one of them said that they were really happy with the current state of things player-wise, which probably got to me more than it should've.
Try PMing the GM maybe? :O It'll get to you only as much as you focus solely on it.
And if I'm inferring right, your best option is actually PMing the GM :P Because y'all can then make many nice stories and conversations that way (And then there's you also being an amazing player but giving yourself a lot more slack than what is really needed). As a past GM myself, it is very stressful when you've got epic sheets submitted to your game and there's lacking slots. :'( So don't come out of it with sads at your own efforts because everything you did thus far is important.

It's just like being placed in a queue. You're no less than everyone else in that line.

But yeah. Player limits. Bop those thoughts that make your reasoning unreasonable, and place them in their context boxes so they won't spill over onto everything else. :P Thoughts are like liquids in that manner, they get everywhere they aren't better suited if not placed in something...that hold them, which is your mind?
* Tiruin just realized how badly tired she is and how that's related to the thread :I
See, the trick is to be eternally online, and only try First Come First Served. :P
You could also just try one of those games that always takes new players due to slight madness on the GM's part, like Omega Legion.
What I'm trying to say is that you should come play RTDs with us.
Also this (And that what I'm inferring is the game isn't FCFS). You can also PM people for a game or prospective GMs can do that if they wish :P
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 03:21:22 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2101 on: November 13, 2016, 03:20:37 am »

See, the trick is to be eternally online, and only try First Come First Served. :P
You could also just try one of those games that always takes new players due to slight madness on the GM's part, like Omega Legion.
Madness on the GM's part?
Dude, you've played a crow, a humanoid tortoise medic, and a freaking power pole. Also a pile of leaves??
You ain't passing all that off on the GM so easily. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 13, 2016, 03:23:40 am »

Hey, did I imply that I wasn't mad anywhere there? Because it sure looks like that's a thing that I didn't just do.
And please, don't forget the affable demon and the snake lady. :/
In case you hadn't noticed, I tend to die a lot.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 13, 2016, 03:50:02 am »

Checked a particular forum game that I applied to, but was not accepted due to the already amazing players (and then there's me :V) and small limit.
Was reminded of writing sads, and also just that one of them said that they were really happy with the current state of things player-wise, which probably got to me more than it should've.
Try PMing the GM maybe? :O It'll get to you only as much as you focus solely on it.
And if I'm inferring right, your best option is actually PMing the GM :P Because y'all can then make many nice stories and conversations that way (And then there's you also being an amazing player but giving yourself a lot more slack than what is really needed). As a past GM myself, it is very stressful when you've got epic sheets submitted to your game and there's lacking slots. :'( So don't come out of it with sads at your own efforts because everything you did thus far is important.

It's just like being placed in a queue. You're no less than everyone else in that line.

But yeah. Player limits. Bop those thoughts that make your reasoning unreasonable, and place them in their context boxes so they won't spill over onto everything else. :P Thoughts are like liquids in that manner, they get everywhere they aren't better suited if not placed in something...that hold them, which is your mind?
* Tiruin just realized how badly tired she is and how that's related to the thread :I
Also this (And that what I'm inferring is the game isn't FCFS). You can also PM people for a game or prospective GMs can do that if they wish :P
Yeah, I'm presuming you're inferring correctly, Tiruin. And no, it wasn't FCFS, and I don't even join that many games. I just particularly wanted to get into this game.

And it's mostly just that it's hard to not feel like shit about it. I tried pretty hard, and when you try really hard at something and then are, if only due to strict limits, rejected, it can feel pretty saddening. I know that it wasn't any fault of the GM, and it was just that my sheet wasn't as good as the ones who were picked. Because, while you can say 'all the sheets were of equal value', the GM obviously picked the ones they thought were best for the game. I know that sometimes GMs have to make extremely difficult decisions, but obviously my sheet came out to not be quite right :V

And I did, actually PM the GM before selection of characters, to see how I could improve my sheet. Got no reply. Still haven't received a reply, actually. So my PMing experience with the GM doesn't bode well for me PMing them again, as I wouldn't be surprised if it was ignored again :V

It wasn't the GM who said they were happy with the current state of players, it was another player.

I know I'm on the wait list, but it still feels kinda cruddy, because it's still not being accepted with the initial flow of players. Even if I do get in, I'll be in late, once one person has died or otherwise left, which means I've missed out on a lot of game :V

I've had similar troubles with this sort of thing in the past, and I hate on my own writing enough as it is, it isn't great to have help doing that :v

But of course, I don't want to be accepted out of pity, either.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 13, 2016, 08:49:24 am »

Don't hate your writing--if there's something you dislike about it, don't behold all your skill by that :P It's area for improvement. Reading more and expanding the content that you regularly read also helps there. Other people also can help ya :O (Like for example, I am extremely inspired by Caroline's writing and expression skills, so we shoot each other PMs :P ...Wait, both are unconnected to each other.
..I'm tired >_<)

...Also re-PM the GM! :D He's fairly busybusy, and the fun thing about PMs is sometimes you can check your My Messages and see a new page of PMs but miss out on the last one in the last page--much like the forum posts (and something I've accidentally done multiple times >_>).

Also said player was pretty much referring to the 'here and now' of what's going on :P It's a lot less of your lacking presence in what they mean.
That said, I'll shoot you a PM for writing :3
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 08:50:56 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 13, 2016, 09:10:06 am »

I have to start doing "work for the dole" tomorrow/later today, AKA indentured slavery.
Perhaps there's another Australian about who can explain this drudgery, but right now I need to sleep, since I'm not sure what time I'm supposed to start. Or you could Google it, probably. Man I don't need this extra hassle on top of everything else. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 14, 2016, 08:08:03 pm »

My school has just implemented a new form of internet surveillance that is honestly a little scary in how strict it is. It feels as though we students are being stripped naked and paraded in front of a variety of over the top security devices. It feels like a violation of privacy and while you can argue that we don't deserve that as such whilst we are using the school's internet connection the lengths to which they are going to comb through our online activity is becoming more than a little ridiculous.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 14, 2016, 08:22:30 pm »

I can't quite concentrate on doing things that I should probably do. Aaaaaaannoying.
._.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2108 on: November 15, 2016, 05:58:38 am »

stop being literally me

that was my sad

why do you always ninja me

:P
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 15, 2016, 08:11:21 am »

Damn, I want/feel compelled to keep screwing idly around on the internet, but I really need to sleep if I'm going to get up ridiculously early in the morning to get to this daft "job" I'm expected to do.
I'm sure if I stayed up juuuuuust a bit longer I'd managed to find some happiness, somehow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 15, 2016, 10:21:22 am »

I'm currently rereading WoT (again.) Just got to the bit where Mat orders the Redarms to shoot Renna the Sul'dam, and it just says "Mat felt something flicker and die inside him. He did not know what. Something. The dice rolled like thunder. "Shoot", he said." And then he returns, and is told not to mourn a traitor, and starts laughing uncontrollably at a rose bud flower on Tuon's dress.

It's so well written, and so sad. A minor character dies, and it's still heartbreakingly sad. Few authors can manage that.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 15, 2016, 10:41:32 am »

why does lack of consistent sleep makes my mood go so damn unstable :(
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 15, 2016, 10:44:39 am »

The same thing happens to me. Being tired just makes me down and depressed. The solution is clearly to drink so much coffee that your body knows it doesn't need sleep anymore and can stop complaining about not getting any. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 15, 2016, 10:48:46 am »

It's because sleep deprivation literally causes parts of your brain to shut down. That's why being sleep deprived is associated with having a similar level of good decision making as being drunk.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 15, 2016, 02:02:54 pm »

Yea, sleep deprivation for me has definitely made numerous mental disorders crop up for me in the past that are simply permanent. It makes me mildly sad as well knowing that I have them, but, sleep is important and a natural part of our body cycle. In fact, here's an article from the huffington post on how it killed someone in china.

Not to be a downer of course, there are plenty of ways to get your sleep cycle back on track.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 792