Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Diplomacy: Austrian Victory in Fall 1908!  (Read 16091 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Spring 1902: Order Submission Phase!
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2016, 07:15:58 pm »

Spring 1902: (Turn 3)

Order Submission phase: 24 hours remain.
Spoiler: Map: (click to show/hide)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2016, 09:18:38 pm »

Since there seems to be some confusion about how to make a support order, so here's some elaboration:

An Army or a Fleet can only support a move into a province that it can move into this turn. This is the most important thing to remember about orders to support.

You need to specify the order that is being supported in the order to support, and also write an order to move. Otherwise, the Army will get confused, because they might support an invasion into the wrong province, or support into the right province, but there is no force to actually occupy the province. Simply put, every unit must be specifically given an order. If no order is given, then it will hold.

Support may also be given to a unit holding its position. Pretty self explanatory.

You can attack a unit giving support. If you do so, it's order to support is canceled, and it holds. Pretty self explanatory.

If you have any questions, ask me and check the rules!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Fall 1901: Unit Building Phase!
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2016, 10:46:30 pm »

Spring 1902: (Turn 3)

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Order Resolution (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

WAR REPORT
ENGLISH/FRENCH STANDOFF, GERMAN AGGRESSION?! English fleets hold the Channel, while French forces marshall along France's northern beaches. At the same time, German forces have crossed the border into Burgundy. French citizens report fear over a possible German coup d'état!
BULGARIAN SIEGE! ITALIAN NAVY SCARES OFF SHIPPING Austrian armies attempted the take the city of Sofia, but occupying Turkish forces held the city. It is unclear whether or not Austrian troops will abandon the siege. Merchants in the Mediterranean report a worrying presence of Italian ships patrolling the once empty trade routes.
RUSSIAN NAVAL SKIRMISHES Reports have come in of Russian ships attempting to seize Armenia from the Turkish occupiers, and skirmishes between Russian and German ships. Reportably, no ground was gained, nor lost in the fighting.

Fall 1901: (Turn 4)
Diplomacy Phase! 48 hours.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2016, 10:50:30 am »

You traitorous Austrian bastards thought I was blind, or something? Anybody with eyes can see you don't need the Balkans to take Russia.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Fall 1902: Diplomacy Phase!
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2016, 10:51:08 pm »

...I just have to ask why Kashyyk put two units into Tri, of his own forces. Hopefully just oversight on his part?

:P See, Tawa, it's entirely possible he doesn't have eyes, so you should obviously give him the benefit of the doubt.

We're all friends here! That's my I'm holding a party in France, to celebrate the French culture and way of life.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2016, 10:58:10 pm »

...I just have to ask why Kashyyk put two units into Tri, of his own forces. Hopefully just oversight on his part?
Clever strategy.  A self-bounce allows a player to block unsupported movement into a province without forcing that player to actually put any forces in that province.  In this case, Austria protected Trieste against a potential Italian backstab (that is, A Ven - Tri, which would have bounced against both armies) without losing their forward position in Albania or threatening Italy in Venice (and thus inviting the very backstab they wanted to prevent). 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:02:55 pm by Culise »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2016, 11:04:52 pm »

...Huh.

I never thought of it that way.

My apologies for doubting you, Kashyyk.

Thank you for the explanation, Culise.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2016, 11:09:53 pm »

Well, Kashyyk, I appreciate the distinct lack of trust :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2016, 02:15:59 am »

I did not see that until you pointed it out Culise.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2016, 05:40:35 am »

The self bounce was  intentional. My attempted stab failed completely,  so kudos to you Tawarochir for spotting that.  Now to have an open against a difficult to attack nation. Yay...

Also hector: you've had that army there since the first turn. Its kinda unnerving. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:42:36 am by Kashyyk »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2016, 09:36:04 am »

Well yeah, it's the only thing I have to defend my home centers :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Fall 1902: Order Submission Phase!
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2016, 10:59:19 pm »

Fall 1902: (Turn 4)

Order Submission phase: 24 hours remain. Any Supply Centers held this turn will be claimed for your Power. Remember, you can only construct units in your original provinces.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Fall 1902: Construction Phase!
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2016, 09:51:48 pm »

Fall 1902: (Turn 4)
Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Order Resolution (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

WAR REPORT
GERMAN/ENGLISH OFFENSIVE INTO FRANCE! French fears of a German attack were realized when German troops seized control of Marseilles, while English forces retook Belgium after its siezure by French forces last year.
AUSTRIAN/ITALIAN OFFENSIVE SUCCESSFUL! Austrian armies continued the siege of Sofia that began in Spring, and, due to low morale in Turkish forces and Italian support, were able to take the city in a bloodly battle, where a majority of the Turkish army was killed. Italian ships seized the opportunity and invaded Smyrna with little resistance.
RUSSIA LOOSES TERRITORY! After setting up a strong foothold in Sweden, Russian fleets embarked into Skagerrak, missing the German fleet that was traveling at night from Denmark into the newly unprotected Sweden. The Germans have occupied the province, marking another victory in a successful campaign.

Unit Building Phase:
You have 24 hours to PM me orders to Build Armies or Fleets.
Germany is permitted three units, Italy two, Austria and England one, France none, and Russia and Turkey must disband a unit. You may only construct units in your home provinces.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:16:01 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2016, 09:54:56 pm »

GG everybody. Looks like I'm not going to be the man who saves the world today.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2016, 10:01:02 pm »

Oh, and I totally forgot! Dustan Hache is stepping down, and Sheb is replacing them!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15