Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Adventure Mode Reactions  (Read 1474 times)

Zealot Vedas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making Adventure Mode Reactions
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:45:10 am »

All right, so I have a interaction that I'd like to get in adventure mode. I know it works if I put a "can do interaction" tag in a creatures raws, but I'd like to know if there's any way to just make in an adventure mode reaction, so that only I can do it, regardless of what creature I'm playing.

[INTERACTION:DUCKFORM]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
   [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
   [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:victim]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
   [IE_TARGET:A]
   [IE_IMMEDIATE]
   [SYNDROME]
      [SYN_NAME:turned into a duck]
      [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
      [CE:CREATURE:BIRD_DUCK:MALE]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Making Adventure Mode Reactions
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 02:00:25 am »

MAke a reaction spawn a drink that is made of a liquid that has a syndrome that gives that interaction on ingestion.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 10:35:03 am »

Then you can shove it in a mug!  :D
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Honalululand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:09:15 pm »

MAke a reaction spawn a drink that is made of a liquid that has a syndrome that gives that interaction on ingestion.
Mark the target as self and context as attack, too, yes?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 05:38:15 pm »

Mark the target as self and context as attack, too, yes?
It would be a reaction not an interaction, so this wouldn't be necessary. Any adventurer could do it through the knapping menu, but nobody else would ever do it because NPCs don't knap.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 12:17:52 pm »

Also as a sidenote you can have a caste with 0% chance to spawn that you can use as an adventurer if you want an adventurer only abilities on a specific creature that cannot be done trough knapping.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »

Also as a sidenote you can have a caste with 0% chance to spawn that you can use as an adventurer if you want an adventurer only abilities on a specific creature that cannot be done trough knapping.
My understanding was that a POP_RATIO of zero is ignored, bouncing you back to the default of 100.  You can make a caste be one-in-a-million, but not impossible.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 12:33:55 pm »

My understanding was that a POP_RATIO of zero is ignored, bouncing you back to the default of 100.  You can make a caste be one-in-a-million, but not impossible.
Oh i havent actually tested out if that is a thing or not, thanks for pointing that out. One in a million is probably the best to go for then.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 09:14:13 pm »

That's out of date information. POP_RATIO:0 should currently prevent a caste from appearing.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 09:28:38 pm »

That's out of date information. POP_RATIO:0 should currently prevent a caste from appearing.

Just tested, this is wrong. POP_RATIO:0 does not prevent castes from appearing. It seems to set it to POP_RATIO:1, however, since I don't see a much greater amount of What is this than male dwarves and female dwarves.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 10:00:02 pm »

Just tested, this is wrong. POP_RATIO:0 does not prevent castes from appearing. It seems to set it to POP_RATIO:1, however, since I don't see a much greater amount of What is this than male dwarves and female dwarves.

I stand corrected. I must simply have gotten unlucky with my last test. Bother.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 01:34:52 pm »

Still better than defaulting to 100, though.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map