Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bards are offering to entertain our citizens! How should they do this?

Singing and dancing and other peaceful forms of- pfffhahahah
- 4 (15.4%)
Ablative meat armour
- 1 (3.8%)
Arena fights against wildlife
- 5 (19.2%)
Arena fights against each other
- 3 (11.5%)
Arena fights against troll wereelks
- 12 (46.2%)
Something else...
- 1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]  (Read 42250 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2016, 02:36:11 am »

Awesome update.  Can we goblins make steel, or we going straight to get candy?

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2016, 02:38:44 am »

We can't do steel, and I'm not even sure if we can do Candy. Quasar?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2016, 05:05:08 am »

I'm glad that's one question solved.

And it seems I'm a stag till the end  :P

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2016, 09:26:33 am »

Aww, so we will just be low tech jedi lashers in hemp robes!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2016, 09:59:09 am »

This is a elf leather-bound journal. All craftsmanship is of poor quality. It menaces with spikes of elf bone, blotches of dried blood and vomit, and chicken scratch handwriting. The words "Z's jurnl" are poorly engraved on the cover. It concerns the events starting before and during 'Zee' Kissmenaced's migration to Thunderdoom. Overall, as a source of information this journal is mediocre at best.

Date covered with dried blood.
So...you would not guess what 'appened t'day.

Damn warlord and 'is bodyguard Ulspa came in, smellin' of beak dog vomit - I's serious, 'e smelled awful - damn ponce can afford to dress like a flaming peacock but can't even properly wash 'is fat arse? 'e tells me dat I's evicted and 'ave to move to Thunderdoom, some camp dey set up to get at da dorfs. Me? I cut up de elfs an' other animals so dese halfwits here can eat sumfin' dat doesn't taste like rubbish! How can dey throw me out like dis?! Tis' utter bollocks!

Woulda carved 'is face open with me cleaver and turned 'im into biscuits, were it not for Ulspa - poor sod, 'e used to be me best mate, den 'e got drafted with sum' other lads to a scouting group. Dey's got captured by da dorfs. 'is mates were killed, but de dorfs kept Ulspa alive 'n played "hit-the-gobbo" with 'im. Fella's dome ain't workin' right after 'at experience, n' 'e won't e'er be 'avin kids too, not dat any lass would want 'im in this state. 'e just stood there starin' at de ceiling, droolin' over me elf leather carpet! Damn warlord must 'ave brought 'im on purpose, 'e was jealous 'e could not make such a masterwork!

Ah hell, atleast from what I's heard the lads at Thunderdoom ain't so bad, dey killed a elf-elk, dat's worth sumfin. Dat an' de brats ain't comin' with me. Hope dat poor schmuck Aslot 'as fun babysitting, cause 'e ain't coming either! Hahahahaha!

Date illegible.
So, we's got a new boss today, 'appens every year, apparently. Darx or whatever 'is name is. Here's to 'oping de sod doesn't attract the dorfs attention 'ere we get a proper warband goin'.

Dey gelded the troll, Shofet - dat oaf screamed so loud, it got me to finkin' about 'ow the dorfs 'aven't realized we's here yet.

But wat's really weird is wat went on after dey put dat lout in 'is cage. I's nearly vomited all over Bosa and Darx when I saw Shofet's privates regrow after 'e was done being an elk monster! Dat was more 'orrible dan' when I gave birth to five brats!

Damn, now I need a drink.

Ngebzo showed up t'day. Fella's mad dat 'e's dead and can't kill dorfs anymore.

Damn whiner, wish 'e'd just stay dead - we's got work ta do, dammit, can't be worried about sum ponce who din't 'ave 'is stupid name proply engraved on a worthless rock!

Dem lads captured a giant cave spider! Dese beasts like eatin' dorf meat almost as much as I do!

Dis Darx fellow ain't so bad, seems 'e's actually competent enough to get folks to capture one of dese buggers. Fings will be exciting after de dorfs show up to fight.

OOC: Sorry if I can't speak gobbo well, still gotta learn that.

In any case, what's the reason for the creature n/a glitch? I saw it in a few other succession forts as well, I don't remember if any explanation was given for it.

Also, I decided to check the raws for the save, and will dwarfs actually attack? I noticed that while they have the [SIEGER] token, they don't have the progress trigger tokens which AFAIK are neccessary for them to even attempt sieges.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2016, 11:27:17 am »

Shame fortress mode mounts aren't a thing. Shooting people from on top of a giant bat would be pretty great.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2016, 05:28:44 pm »

Rutherer cartilage loincloth? I made Rutherer’s shearable, but they should only be able to shear hair layers.

This presents two intriguing possibilities: either goblins are really bad at shearing, or they’re really really good at it.

Hey Bosa, come look at dis!

Dey do grow back! You know what dis means? We(heh heh)- We got(haHAHA)- we got an ENDLESS SUPPLY OF--
SCIENCE! Contributing to the sum of things nobody wanted to know since forever.

That was the remainder of summer (about a week) and autumn there. Quasar, do you want me to stop at Spring, go through to Autumn again, or do the full year and a half?

I’m enjoying your writing: you can take the full year and a half if you want, or just cut it short at a single year through to autumn.

Nope, goblin’s can’t make anything better than iron. They probably can’t even tell the difference between adamantine and microcline. I might add a reaction to the mod to turn it into mugs or something.

Also, I decided to check the raws for the save, and will dwarfs actually attack? I noticed that while they have the [SIEGER] token, they don't have the progress trigger tokens which AFAIK are neccessary for them to even attempt sieges.
Oh.

Well, I am a derp. A derp indeed. You may very well be right (I figured the ARP mod would include dwarf sieges by default, so I didn’t pay much attention to the dwarf civilisation’s tokens).

Sheeeet... I could handle no butcherable sapients in 42.05, and not having the upgrades I've made to the mod since Thunderdoom started, but no dwarf sieges?

At this point, I'm very tempted to start a new world when the next version comes out (assuming it fixes the butcherable sapients issue). It would be a shame, this camp is already turning into something great, but without dwarf sieges we’d just have elves and humies to fight, if they can even make it here (they did show up as neighbours on the embark screen, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll show up).

What do you guys think?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2016, 05:46:07 pm »

I want to see war happening over sentient decors, and see them in graphics pack.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »

If we add the requisite tags to the raws now, would it take effect or would it require a regen?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2016, 06:52:50 pm »

I think entity changes require a regen, unfortunately - not 100% sure, though.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2016, 07:38:28 pm »

I think entity changes require a regen, unfortunately - not 100% sure, though.

Dammit. Well, in that case, I'm in favor of a regen. We're only a year and three quarters in, and wasn't the purpose of this warcamp to get the dwarves to attack us? Should probably go to a poll, though, and if we do regen, maybe a new thread.

If we do regen, how are we going to handle Quasar, Jwoodward, and my turns?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2016, 08:21:29 pm »

I think let's just make a poll for now, then we can think of how to handle all the turns taken so far.

Myself I'd be in favor of regenning as well, even though quite a lot happened in a very short time so far. Regardless a goblin fort without dwarf sieges seems like something very important is missing.

Utimately it should be up to you guys, though, since you're actually on the turn list.

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2016, 08:46:34 pm »

Yeah, as great as these posts have been not getting attacked by dwarves seems like a bit of a mood killer. Granted it seems the gobbos do just fine beating the shit out of each other and finding other interesting ways to die.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2016, 02:41:33 am »

I think we could preserve most of the storyline with handwavium.  I support a restart. I wanted my troll to earn his name covered in dvarven blood.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2016, 07:34:33 am »

I think we could preserve most of the storyline with handwavium.  I support a restart. I wanted my troll to earn his name covered in dvarven blood.

Yeah, I agree with just handwaving it.

Perhaps it could be explained as the goblins from the fort moving to another part of the world (like how Syrupleaf and Spearbreakers IIRC take part in the same in-story "world" as opposed to the game's definition of "world") because the dwarves were actually a neutral faction or were actually led by a goblin? Would sorta fit since the Plagues civilization never actually fought with the only dwarf civ in the world.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16