Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40464 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Space! Aliens! Mafia! We have it all! [6/9]
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 03:22:34 am »

Since i'm dead on the other game, IN.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 09:50:56 am »

IN! Unless I'm too late. (I'm a complete newb, by the way. Read the wiki, but haven't done one of these mafia thingies before.)
That's kind of the point of the beginner's games  :D

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 12:42:01 pm »

I can in as an IC if you still need one.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 03:28:00 pm »

jwoodward and H4zard fill the newb slots, and Deus fills the IC slot.  Result: enough players.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 05:35:42 pm »

You gather on the command deck to discuss the serious problem of the aliens. By the end of the day, you should have decided who the aliens are and then you can deal with the problem.

Votes:

roo -
fillipk -
The Moonlit Shadow -
heydude6 -
O. Wilde -
H4zardZ1 -
jwoodward48df -
Tawarochir -
Deus Asmoth -
No lynch -

Not voting - Everyone

Day 1 ends at midnight UTC on the 26th of January, five days from now due to the weekend.

0/3 to extend -
0/5 to shorten -
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:27:01 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 07:27:08 pm »

So as we know, there are aliens on board and they want to kill us. Because of this, I must ask a question.

Which of you are the aliens?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 07:52:32 pm »

It was Deus Asmoth as usual, of course. :P

Unvote

Anyway. I don't like RVS, so I'm going to hang back for now, dispense advice if necessary.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 08:10:10 pm »

Roo what crazy gambit are you planning to pull this time?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 08:14:05 pm »

Wait Silthuri is the alien commander we should lynch him /sarcasm

On a more serious note I'm PFP so no questions right now even though I know that it's an important part of the RVS, good ones are at least.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 08:27:14 pm »

Not lynching is pretty much always an option as far as I'm aware. Outside of a few extremely unlikely scenarios, I can't think of a good reason to do it outside of MYLO though.

In any case, hello people. I'll be one of your ICs for this game. If I'm writing like this, it means that I'm speaking strictly as an IC only. Anything I say like this can be trusted to be as helpful as it can be, regardless of alignment. Anything I say that doesn't look like this will be as a player and should be treated as such. A couple of initial pieces of advice:
1: For town players, your life is virtually worthless. You do not win by being alive at the end of the game, you win by getting the scum team lynched. Don't be put off pressuring someone just because you think it will draw attention to yourself as well. Even in the worst case scenario, you die but the town has more information to work with and will take your suspicions into account.
2: Someone having a large number of people voting for the is not a reason for you to vote for them. If you don't think that they're scum, don't join the wagon just to avoid standing out (see point 1).
3: Not liking someone's playstyle is not the same as them being scum.
4: Tawarochir and I have the same chance of being scum as anyone else.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 08:38:50 pm »

No it didn't. Your post implied that no lynching being an option was unusual. I disagreed, since it's pretty much always an available course of action. Acknowledging that something is an option doesn't mean that I think it's a good option.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 09:52:54 pm »

Regardless of the no-lynch conversation going on before me, I must once again ask:

What are your alignments?

How about we start with Deus Asmoth. Are you scum or town?

((also, can someone kindly tell me what's RVS? It's not in the acronym list in the OP))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 10:06:30 pm »

Random Voting Stage, and I'm going to save you a lot of time, everyone is going to claim town, but there will probably be a lot of sarcasm. 

Speaking of which; great pep talk IC, I feel so prepared to go out and fine scum knowing my life is meaningless even though that statement is completely true.  Deus if you could pick one non-IC person to be a scum buddy who would it be.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 10:08:34 pm »

RVS means random voting stage. It's generally done to jumpstart the game and kinda get a sense for how everyone reacts and plays and just the game in general

Sometimes, it's kinda like this:

heydude6: How does it feel being voted?
roo: Are you going to answer questions?
fillipk: Do you think you'll survive the game?
The Moonlit Shadow: Do you think fillipk will survive the game?
jwoodward48df: Do you think these questions are useless?
H4zardZ1: Should I have asked Woodward a better question?
-----
NINJA QUESTION
fillipk: Why would you so rudely ninja me?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 10:12:11 pm »

I'm a bit surprised but I guess I can understand.

The main reason why I began asking about everyone's alignment was so I could hear their response and analyze it. I know very well they were going to claim town, I just wanted to know how they were gonna claim it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27