Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 1: Theft  (Read 1970 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Form a Cult: Week 1: Theft
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:51:05 pm »

The year is 2016, the country is the United States of America. As the new year dawns, the city of Bayside sleeps. All except for you. You'll wake them up soon enough, but for now you need to prepare. The Council of the Inner Witness have sent you, those who excelled in their previous posts, to form new chapters in Bayside. The Calm Gatekeeper has decreed 2016 to be the year of the Expansion. 25 new cities are to be awoken, and it is your great honor to be some of those chosen to lead.

This is going to be a strategy game, where you control (hopefully) your cult members, attempting to expand and take over the city of Bayside. It is not a cooperative game, but there is nothing stopping you from working together. The goal, is to become the eminent rule of the city, through any means. The more control you have, the more the Calm Gatekeeper will approve. Player death may happen, depending on the route you take to control.

The structure, function, and ideals of your cult have been left to you to decide. As long as the Calm Gatekeeper is recognized in some way, his power will grow. He will occasionally pass down suggestions, help, and orders to you, which are yours to do with as you wish. The first of these suggestions is to grow your cult chapters to at least 25 members each, and find a place to live. The location, means, and recruiting are all up to you. Good luck, and Glory to the Calm Gatekeeper!

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cult Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wait List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:24:00 pm by O.Wilde »
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 0 (0/4)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 01:53:26 pm »

In!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 0 (1/4)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 01:59:44 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 03:28:42 pm »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Do we each fill out a Cult Information sheet, or do we do that together as we seem to be from the same cult overall?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 03:41:00 pm »

You each fill one out. You are all subservient to the same council/overlord, but you're not really on the same team. You can work together if you wish, but a perfectly valid strategy for being the most powerful in the game is to wipe out all the other players.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Calvin ッ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 0 (2/4)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 05:03:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cult Info (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Spoilered.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:08:32 pm by Calvin ッ »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 0 (2/4)
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 05:15:57 pm »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: cult (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 0 (3/4)
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 05:45:57 pm »

Spoiler: The Leader (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cult Information (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:48:15 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 05:49:48 pm »

Reserved!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 06:06:48 pm »

Aaaand, we're full! I'll put anyone else that fills out a character sheet on the waitlist, just in case we have a fatality, or I decide I can handle another player or two. First post will be coming shortly. Glory to the Calm Gatekeeper!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 07:44:55 pm »

Spoiler: Cult Master (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cult (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Form a Cult: Week 0: The Awakening
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 09:23:01 pm »

You roll into the city in your vans early on the morning of January 1st, 2016. The city is asleep, waiting for something. Waiting for you. The Calm Gatekeeper requires your services, and so you responded to the call. Bayside is a poor city, perfect for exploitation. First, you need to find somewhere to stay. From slums, tenements, private houses, abandoned factories, the list of possibilities is endless. What do you do in your first week in the city?

You can command each of your cultists individually, and they can all do different actions. This will change once your cults grow. You can also do personal actions. Each turn lasts one week. If you have cult members with addictions or other aspects that require action on your part, please address this in your turn.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Sixty (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sixty's Cult (click to show/hide)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Alexander Olanth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lifebringers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Brutos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Painforged (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 09:53:26 pm »

(Pm if you get room and put me on the waitlist.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:58:19 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 10:30:12 pm »

Lets find a place that is moderately self-sufficient. Perhaps a building near a river and bordering the wilds?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 11:53:39 pm »

I guess I'll go on the waitlist?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: [1] 2