Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: One Change to the Constitution  (Read 16161 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: One Change to the Constitution
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 09:58:57 pm »

"America must have bases on both the Moon and/or Mars by 2060, and both local, state, and all three branches of the federal government must do all reasonably in their power to make it so. Following successful establishment of a civilian government, the territories under the control of these bases should be made states as soon as possible."

Quote from: Sanders
10/10 amendment would make America great again.

This is a draft of course. I'm flexible on the dates.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:00:36 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 10:29:45 pm »

"America must have bases on both the Moon and/or Mars by 2060, and both local, state, and all three branches of the federal government must do all reasonably in their power to make it so. Following successful establishment of a civilian government, the territories under the control of these bases should be made states as soon as possible."

Quote from: Sanders
10/10 amendment would make America great again.

This is a draft of course. I'm flexible on the dates.
Depending on what you mean by "base," they do not need forty goddamned years. They landed a handful of people on the moon half a century ago, they could damn well pull off at least the semi-functioning prototype in just a few.

On that note, I'm generally in favor of proposals that amount to screaming "GET TO SPACE ASSHOLES" at various assholes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 10:51:24 pm »

Sure, if you don't mind everyone that goes to Mars getting exposed to ridiculous levels of radiation on their way there (not to mention once they're there). Ain't gonna be establishing any bases or colonies if everyone dies of radiation poisoning.

Gonna need a solution for that before we can send anyone there...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2016, 10:55:42 pm »

Water shielding?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 10:57:49 pm »

Water shielding?
Water is quite heavy, which is a pretty big issue when you're trying to get something into space.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 10:58:51 pm »

Water shielding?
Water is quite heavy, which is a pretty big issue when you're trying to get something into space.
But you already need to take water.
I don't know how MUCH water, but water.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 11:09:13 pm »

I've got a few ideas, I'm not sure which one is most important...

The first and most prominent one is intellectual property reform. Firstly to cap all non-share-alike intellectual property at twelve years. Patents, copyrights, possibly even trademarks, they would all expire after twelve years. This would apply retroactively, wih the copyrights for anything more than 12 years old being immediately and irrevocably canceled at the time of the law's passage. Share-alike licenses (only) would remain in effect for longer. Secondly infringement without monetary gain would be made completely legal (or at most a sub-misdemeanor offense like a parking violation).

Another possibility would be to ban rich businessmen from holding certain high offices

Lowering the minimum ages for a lot of high offices might also be a good idea

a final possibility would be to remove the natural born citizen clause regarding eligibility for the presidency, but I don't think that would be important enough to waste this on.

EDIT:
Banning candidates for high offices from believing in the literal existence of any sort of creator deity (especially of the abrahamic variety) or other sentient supernatural higher power might be good too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:18:07 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2016, 11:09:48 pm »

Sure, if you don't mind everyone that goes to Mars getting exposed to ridiculous levels of radiation on their way there (not to mention once they're there). Ain't gonna be establishing any bases or colonies if everyone dies of radiation poisoning.

And there's no magnetosphere to protect them when they get there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 11:12:54 pm »

But I also think that situations like Dodd: MPAA spokesman should never come to pass, and "revolving door politics" should not be a thing.

Oh. That gives me another idea. Strip everyone affiliated with the MPAA or RIAA - or any other pro-copyright (or pro-business) organization - of their rights under the 1st through 8th amendments and ban them from holding any political office, running a business, owning land, or (and this should go without saying) owning any sort of intellectual property.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:19:29 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 11:15:51 pm »

It's interesting how many ammendments here are direct attacks against people.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 11:20:23 pm »

It's interesting how many ammendments here are direct attacks against people.

Chris Dodd is not a person!
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 11:25:35 pm »

Also, my initial suggestions were made before I had read the beginning of the thread and saw that regulatory capture and IP assholes had already been mentioned. So not a bandwagon thing
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2016, 11:33:53 pm »

Oh. That gives me another idea. Strip everyone of their rights under the 1st through 8th amendments and ban them from holding any political office, running a business, owning land, or (and this should go without saying) owning any sort of intellectual property.
best idea

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2016, 11:39:37 pm »

That's exactly why they better get cracking on solutions.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11