Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72364 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #720 on: January 22, 2016, 07:37:55 am »

The latest revelation from KJP has revealed that Tier 0 resurrective races are the way to go if you want an actual efficient essence generator while still having a race resistant to smiting.
And people call Andres a power gamer.
Who calls me a power gamer? ???
Well, looking back, it's more cheapskate, but still. I'm not gonna point fingers though, I'll just either be wrong, or have people admit it.

The latest revelation from KJP has revealed that Tier 0 resurrective races are the way to go if you want an actual efficient essence generator while still having a race resistant to smiting.
And people call Andres a power gamer.
I've spent all my essence on vanity projects (the afterlife thing in particular was a rather solid waste of essence for purely fluff reasons (i.e. I'm not going to get any mechanical benefit from that, like, ever)). I fail to see how I qualify as a power gamer.  ???

Terracotta army is just good sense under the operational realities KJP has set up.
Simple, you talked about the efficiency of making worshipers in the most direct manner.
Regardless of whether you do it or not, that still just screams Power Gamer to me.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 22, 2016, 08:55:26 am »

How much does creating a magic system cost?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 22, 2016, 09:11:37 am »

10E, I believe.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 22, 2016, 09:12:02 am »

Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 22, 2016, 09:45:43 am »

$$$
Creature has no sense of smell
Creature has no sense of taste
Creature has no sense of touch
Some combination of the above if they're too minor to be their own drawbacks.

Throwing this up here for when I have an essence points to spare. The latest revelation from KJP has revealed that Tier 0 resurrective races are the way to go if you want an actual efficient essence generator while still having a race resistant to smiting. Might end up not making them a literal terracotta army, but some variation of dragon. (Yes I know they don't quite even out yet. Still finalizing the build)

Spoiler: Terracotta Army (click to show/hide)

Actually, I think this is an absolutely Godsawful design. The real problem is that you are drastically underestimating how much hindrances hurt, basically crippling them completely. Really, did you give them every possible Hindrance? Any DM would make you regret that decision fast. Like, faster than a subsonic round fast. And if he didn't, I would. I can see several ways to essentially permakill or simply steal them for zero-cost, mostly thanks to the mountain of hindrances leaving them open. They may be useful as a cheap source of income, but they would be less suited for the job than a standard 1E race.
Eh, it's more that I made elves, just by another name. It's only different from Andres' elves simply because I had another source.
Namely, it's a combination of folklore elves (which were nature spirits) with other nature spirits.
It's basically less original than Lord of the Rings elves (because that author put a lot of thought into them).

At least you used multiple sources. I haven't really heard the "Nature spirits" interpretation of the Fair Folk anyway  :-\.

Who calls me a power gamer? ???

*Stirk points to self*

I've spent all my essence on vanity projects (the afterlife thing in particular was a rather solid waste of essence for purely fluff reasons (i.e. I'm not going to get any mechanical benefit from that, like, ever)). I fail to see how I qualify as a power gamer.  ???

Terracotta army is just good sense under the operational realities KJP has set up.

It really really isn't. Like I said, the design underestimates the Hindrances to the point of worthlessness. You have like -30 points of hindrance. Believe it or not, that is going to hinder them significantly.

How much does creating a magic system cost?

10E for a new System, but creating a new school is free.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59:06 am »

Eh, it's more that I made elves, just by another name. It's only different from Andres' elves simply because I had another source.
Namely, it's a combination of folklore elves (which were nature spirits) with other nature spirits.
It's basically less original than Lord of the Rings elves (because that author put a lot of thought into them).

At least you used multiple sources. I haven't really heard the "Nature spirits" interpretation of the Fair Folk anyway  :-\.
Well, actually they're called Vættir, which translates to nature spirits.
But it also includes the Æsir, Vanir, and Jotnar, basically the gods and the Jotuns. Heck, even Dvergar is included, along with the Alfar.
So it's kinda weird.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:04:25 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Kugupu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 22, 2016, 11:59:42 am »

Name: Kugupu
Primary form:A glob of flesh in a human like shape wit no skin and no eyes with maggots coming out of all orifices including some that humans do not have
Symbol: Maggot throne
Spheres: Flesh and Parasites
Friends, Maggots
Description/Background: None that is known

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 22, 2016, 12:10:31 pm »

Name: Kugupu
Primary form:A glob of flesh in a human like shape wit no skin and no eyes with maggots coming out of all orifices including some that humans do not have
Symbol: Maggot throne
Spheres: Flesh and Parasites
Friends, Maggots
Description/Background: None that is known

Aww yis. Another plague god.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 22, 2016, 12:18:03 pm »

Aw, come on.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 22, 2016, 12:56:19 pm »

Hey KJp thanks for making the Ye Gods toolbox! it is awesome! Also

PriceCheck$$$
Spoiler: Trait: Disease Magnet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:02:41 pm by tntey »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 22, 2016, 03:26:35 pm »

Actually, I think this is an absolutely Godsawful design. The real problem is that you are drastically underestimating how much hindrances hurt, basically crippling them completely. Really, did you give them every possible Hindrance? Any DM would make you regret that decision fast. Like, faster than a subsonic round fast. And if he didn't, I would. I can see several ways to essentially permakill or simply steal them for zero-cost, mostly thanks to the mountain of hindrances leaving them open. They may be useful as a cheap source of income, but they would be less suited for the job than a standard 1E race.

It really really isn't. Like I said, the design underestimates the Hindrances to the point of worthlessness. You have like -30 points of hindrance. Believe it or not, that is going to hinder them significantly.
Fair points. It's a preliminary build to see what I could do with hindrances I deemed acceptable. It would probably be tweaked significantly before I do any actual production.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #731 on: January 22, 2016, 03:38:02 pm »

Demonic Spoon: Noted, that seems like what would be the expected/intuitive behavior. Polling now.

Demonic Spoon and Happy Demon: Essence fractions result in rolling d100, but the concept is the same

Andres: Sphere abilities+sphere traits: Eh, let's say in an hour or two. I'm stumped for some of the ones like Dungeons+Dragons or Angels or Crystals+Magic, so I'll just troll for suggestions from those still without a set ready to be sent and scale them appropriately.
        Bad kph: Probably middle-click pasted in the existing text instead of the updated text
        Agent without Arcane Background: It just means you picked someone non-magical if lifting from a race or made someone non-magical if doing it de novo.
        A pox upon the Elves!: Are you arguing for more deadly GM random events? I thought you quite detested the idea! :P

Vgray: Yes (and another ability and also a special trait), also removing the previous one

tntey: Keep IC in IC and OOC in OOC

Spoiler: Kugupu (click to show/hide)
Hmmm... Only one post and that's on here. A tad bit worrisome, to say the least.

$$$Response
Andres:
        Plane Traveler: req. appropriate Arcane Background and Seasoned
        Teleporter: req. appropriate Arcane Background and Seasoned
        Void Capable: Why not just Resist (vacuum)+1?
        Shapeshifter: Added with delicious details in Custom Edges
        Training with Flux: Flux caps don't grow anymore, but shooting off Flux everywhere willy-nilly is still amusing
        Cannot Learn Skills: Too easily abused
hector13:
        Editing other tiered races: Difference in cost or 1A+1E, whichever is greater
tntey:
        Creating plants: Free for most mundane plants, something low like 1E for somewhat monstrous ones
        Creating a disease: Varies by lethality (diseases are no longer treated as dummy races)
        Carriers: [Poison]+2 [Disease Immunity (flavor: Disease habitable)]+1 -> Tier1?
        Stranger's throat:
        Disease magnet: Probably something like Resist (Disease)-1, cannot stack with Disease Immunity
        Disease habitable: Flavor, base trait Disease Immunity
Rolepgeek:
        Mask-Bearers:
                Biggest hazard underground: If I had to make a wild guess, it'd probably be tunnel collapses or rock dust
                Sensitive to Light: Probably works as a Phobia (probably Minor? Major results in a -4 penalty which is huge) of bright light or something, yes
Demonic Spoon:
        No sense of X: Major Hindrances along the lines of Bad Eyes and Hard of Hearing; automatic failure for noticing corresponding stimuli

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 22, 2016, 03:41:29 pm »

Oh yeah KJp Kugupu is my friend. I told him about the roleplay. Also, you didn't put anything for strangers throat.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 22, 2016, 03:46:02 pm »

I believe that worship should be scaled by race cost (unless a trait like Pious shows up) but not in the way presented in the poll, which is why I voted against it. Going by the poll, increasing a race's tier is objectively better for Essence gains since the worship multiplication would be greater than the creation cost multiplication.

I recommend the worship multiplication either go up alongside the creation cost multiplication or that it should be lower than it. The former is the furthest you can take it without going completely unfair. I recommend the latter because otherwise, there's no point to not making a race of demigods that can do everything, can't die, and has no hindrances.

A pox upon the Elves!: Are you arguing for more deadly GM random events? I thought you quite detested the idea! :P
So long as it doesn't happen to me. :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:50:21 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 22, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »

I believe that worship should be scaled by race cost (unless a trait like Pious shows up) but not in the way presented in the poll, which is why I voted against it. Going by the poll, increasing a race's tier is objectively better for Essence gains since the worship multiplication would be greater than the creation cost multiplication.

I recommend the worship multiplication should either go up alongside the creation cost multiplication or that it should be lower than it. The former is the furthest you can take it without going completely unfair. I recommend the latter because otherwise, there's no point to not making a race of demigods that can do everything, can't die, and has no hindrances.
Good point! I would vote for that if it was an option, but have to settle for yes now.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71