Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72304 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #600 on: January 19, 2016, 11:44:14 pm »

hector13: Updated accordingly

Ardent Debater: That depends on what Kuthulknoes has been doing, and it sounds like I may have hastily resolved something as creating 3 population units of a race rather than talking about a future race.

Rolepgeek: You would ideally use Advances. Failing that, adding appropriate sufficiently negative traits to bring down the net change to +2 (Edge) would be acceptable

Andres: Kakarisk: Secrets and stuff, it seems
        Throwing enough Essence: Let's not forget that "enough Essence" is a rather vague measurement. Cim of 0ld YG managed to price check an item with a legitimate use that cost enormous sums of Essence (which I cannot seem to grep on OOC even though it was price checked near the end)
        Creating magic schools within magic systems: Yes but do not abuse this

Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)
Added

Demonic Spoon: Protections: Yes, correcting now
        Dragon sphere discount: Yes, I imagine it can apply

Ama: It looks like Level-Headed is indeed a Seasoned trait. Switch to something else? (Emotionlessness is fine as flavor, though)

Happy Demon: Adding positive Speed traits

Further changes: Demoted [Because Dragons] to a +3 trait

Spoiler: Vgray (click to show/hide)
Added, subtracts Muske

€€€Response
Demonic Spoon:
        Boring a hole between the two surfaces of the hollow planet: Eh, let's say 0E 1A just for this Tick since it looks like a bit of an oversight
        Dragonfalls: 3x cost of transformation endpoint (100km? Here on Earth we call that space! :o)
        Art of Breath, Sky, Scales, and Fire: 0E if adding as schools to an existing magic system, else 10E (i.e. creating a draconic magic system with these as starting schools)
        Cursing Lightning Pterodactyls with a Major Phobia of Dragons: 3F/u, I think
        Cursing Kappa with Blindness: 7F/u

AbstractTraitorHero:
        That would be at least Size+5 added to Because Dragons which results in a point total that is unsupported at this time

Happy Demon:
        Wings of Si: Greater

Detoxicated: Moonwalkers: The maximum number of points for a race-type creation is 8 (-> Tier 4), and I'm not quite sure where the decimal unit prices for some of the castes come from (YGL's completely additive, so they should be integers

[spoiler=Betting]
IcyTea31: 30 YG points on http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155417.msg6746309#msg6746309
        Demonic Spoon: 50 YG points on excluding Kuthulknoes, Meow, and Drakan

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 20, 2016, 12:37:37 am »

I have a few suggestions regarding the OP.

1. Add a link to the IC thread with the rest of the Ye Gods page links.
2. Add a link to Agent creation in Creations>Races and agents.
3. Include information on how much it costs to create an agent in the actual Agent creation section as opposed to leaving it in the "Essence cost of probable actions" spoiler.
4. Under Creations>Arifacts, remove the sentence saying that a population unit is worth a hundred agents.
5. Make a reference to the Savage Worlds section in the Creations>Races and agents section and the Agent creation section. The Savage Worlds section has some crucial information regarding the definition of stats. Also, define what "TD" is.
6. In the Agent creation section, make step 4 step 3, step 3 step 2, and step 2 step 4. Skill spending is determined by attributes which is determined by Advance spending which is covered in steps 3 and 4.
7. Move the creature size costs to or reference them in Creations>Races and agents.

I also have a question about the acquisition of agents. If I wanted to create an agent who was super powerful at magic, for example, what's stopping me from creating a population unit of Quartoks with Arcane Background+7 (Tier 4=9E) and then spending 1E for every Quartok agent? It's a lot more cost-effective than creating a single agent with Arcane Background+7 from tier-0 Kotrauq stock for 9E. Heck, is there a reason why I wouldn't -pick- a Quartok to be my agent rather than create one and thus waive additional agent costs?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 20, 2016, 12:43:29 am »

Bit there is 'cost-effective'. Picking an agent out of a pre-existing race is meant to be more efficient. In fact I think you practically have to. I think that's intentional, but I also think Arcane Background+7 doesn't exist. Plus, you'd be missing out on all the other things your race could have that you can't just slap on an agent willy nilly, when your agent points would fulfill that perfectly well. In order to do that if all you have is Quatroks, you need to make a whole new race!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 20, 2016, 01:16:11 am »

Aw.

Kakarisk always ignored because her speech doesn't technically exist. :'(
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 20, 2016, 01:19:37 am »

Aw.

The fact that she doesn't say anything certainly seems like a logical reason for why no one responds to her. *nods sagely*

$$$
Price check on giving something an Essence cap
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 20, 2016, 01:21:44 am »

Aw.

Actually Vir..notices she just expects others to answer you becuase shes currently talking to other people.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #606 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:00 am »

Andres:
Logistics and clarity:
1. Whoops, fixed
2. Done
3. Done
4. Not done, but clarified
5. Done
6. Done, although 2 and 3 may look a bit out of order still
7. Copied, but done

Agents: First off, there is no Arcane Background+x (arbitrary interpolation/extrapolation is not supported = by request; justification: Many extrapolations quickly lead to 0% failure rates because SW, like practically every sane system, uses addition rather than multiplication), so that's not possible.

Second, you do want experienced, at least slightly well-rounded agents because I decided to create a bunch of selection pressure for them and against munchkins (re: Offensive sphere powers released so far tend to be most effective against minmaxed Novice agents :P) They would end up being GlassCannon s.

$$$Response
Giving something an Essence cap: 2x a filled cap both ways

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 20, 2016, 01:53:58 am »

Under Creations>Races and agents in the List of traits spoiler, Speed0 is regarded as giving a max speed of 14kph while Speed-1 gives a max speed of 23pkh.
Step 3 of Agent creation still says you're done if your agent is only Novice.

$$$
Price check on a [Plane Traveller] trait that lets an agent or race move between planes at will
Price check on a [Teleporter] trait (would this overlap with Plane Traveller?)
Price check on a [Void Capable] trait that lets an agent move and exist in a void without penalty
Price check on a [Shapeshifter] trait that lets an agent change its base race at will
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:13:57 am by Andres »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 20, 2016, 01:57:18 am »

Dragon sphere discount: Yes, I imagine it can apply
How vague! I will just abuse this to my heart's content then. (Kidding of course)  ;)

Further changes: Demoted [Because Dragons] to a +3 trait
The description implied it effectively gave the ability to fly, and I felt this was a safe assumption because of it's high point cost. Is this still a valid assumption (if it ever was) or am I going to have to buy flight separately now?

In any case, I believe this justifies editing my actions again, with no action point cost, since I will need to change dragons due to this.

Demonic Spoon:
        Boring a hole between the two surfaces of the hollow planet: Eh, let's say 0E 1A just for this Tick since it looks like a bit of an oversight
Neato!

Dragonfalls: 3x cost of transformation endpoint (100km? Here on Earth we call that space! :o)
What does that even mean. 3x the cost for creating one unit of that race, or a single individual of that race? If the former, that's hilariously expensive, could I reduce costs by making it only work once per decade or something? EDIT: In regards to height, yeah that was deliberate. Though true space only really begins a few thousand kilometres above that. I just checked the height of Auroras and made the tower that height.
        Art of Breath, Sky, Scales, and Fire: 0E if adding as schools to an existing magic system, else 10E (i.e. creating a draconic magic system with these as starting schools)
Informative!
        Cursing Kappa with Blindness: 7F/u
So more expensive than simply killing them? EDIT: I derped and missed kappa being a tier 4 race. Whoops. Please forgive my derpiness.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:19:06 am by Demonic Spoon »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 20, 2016, 01:59:04 am »

It was talking about me making dragons the size of mountains.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2016, 03:07:21 am »

For deals like the one I just made with Azem, do I automatically pay when the next Tick rolls or do I actually need to post an action saying that I'm paying?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2016, 04:04:28 am »

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 20, 2016, 04:44:26 am »

Its a distrust,besides he was rude to Seija.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:55:39 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 20, 2016, 05:11:32 am »

Well, might as well add some more projects.

Spoiler: Sheath of Many (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sword of Fire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scabbard of Fire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spear of Frost (click to show/hide)

Edit: Wargbane seemed like it'd have to be more powerful to deal with Wargs. So I made it a Major Artifact.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:15:57 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 71