Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are a skilled storyteller. If somewhat prone to exaggeration...  (Read 10173 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a skilled storyteller. If somewhat prone to exaggeration...
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 07:30:06 pm »

No, murder is more specific. If you attack or escalate to lethal and then kill a sentient being, then you're a murderer. If it's an enemy of the civ or site group, they won't call you a murderer, but they may consider you unhinged anyway. Exposing a vampire automatically makes them an enemy of the civ and each individual site group in it.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 06:25:27 pm »

Not really. I've died several times to "you're killing our pet vampire! nooo!" *stab the adventurer hero guy in the heart with a silver carving knife* *he dies*

I have a save if you'd like to either a. see what's going on
or b. demonstrate how to not die to angry villagers when you attack the vampire.

Hehe. "No, he's the vampire! Not me! Stop, angry villager mob, you're killing the wrong guy!"
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 06:33:29 pm »

Not really.
Yes, really. Check your legends, it's exactly what happens.

I've killed vampires lords and law-givers right in the middle of the keep, and they may have a hard core of culties still supporting him, but not everyone in court is one of them, and the guards never are. Telling them about legendary kills beforehand certainly gives them pause. I usually do that as a matter of courtesy, so they know what they're up against.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 01:52:30 am »

Things are weird when people knew someone before they profaned a church or before they were kidnapped and turned into a night creature.

I've been told to go find a night creature to ask about directions, found them (tongueless and wouldn't talk even if they could, not sure if that bug is fixed), but they were just killing people so I shanked them. Turned the whole town against me. "You're a legendary hero, but those acts bring no forgiveness, you murdered soandso!" With spitting and such.

"Go ask the groaning crone husband for directions."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'Uh, ok, where?'
"Check the sewers around here."
'Oh hey, that asterisk is probably him.'
*catch up*
'Hello Shato.'
*silence*
'Well shit he's killing people, guess I gotta shank him.'
'WTF DOOD, HE WAS KILLING PEOPLE!'
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:06:27 am by Max™ »

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 04:27:11 am »

Things are weird when people knew someone before they profaned a church or before they were kidnapped and turned into a night creature.

I've been told to go find a night creature to ask about directions, found them (tongueless and wouldn't talk even if they could, not sure if that bug is fixed), but they were just killing people so I shanked them. Turned the whole town against me. "You're a legendary hero, but those acts bring no forgiveness, you murdered soandso!" With spitting and such.

"Go ask the groaning crone husband for directions."
'Uh, ok, where?'
"Check the sewers around here."
'Oh hey, that asterisk is probably him.'
*catch up*
'Hello Shato.'
*silence*
'Well shit he's killing people, guess I gotta shank him.'
'WTF DOOD, HE WAS KILLING PEOPLE!'
I would like to believe they are all best friends and were pulling a prank on this new guy in town, and then that new guy straight up kills the prankster.
If you wouldve waited long enough in sure the vamp would be like "its just a prank bro"
"The camera is right there!"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 10:23:29 am »

in my first game in a world, I was a hearthperson of someone, and I was told to kill a vampire. I went to the vampire's keep(he was a law-giver) and exposed him. then I tried to kill him. EVERYONE in town started attacking me, unfortunately the warriors tavern and market was right next to the keep, so a LOT of people tried to kill me. finally a lasher got me, and killed me. so I started a new adventurer and got the same quest from my new lord, so went to that keep again, but everyone I asked told me he should be in the keep, even the people in the keep, but he was nowhere to be found, what do I do?
BTW I love the hearthperson quests. I can get credit for killing something, my companion actually killed
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 10:54:43 pm »

in my first game in a world, I was a hearthperson of someone, and I was told to kill a vampire. I went to the vampire's keep(he was a law-giver) and exposed him. then I tried to kill him. EVERYONE in town started attacking me, unfortunately the warriors tavern and market was right next to the keep, so a LOT of people tried to kill me. finally a lasher got me, and killed me. so I started a new adventurer and got the same quest from my new lord, so went to that keep again, but everyone I asked told me he should be in the keep, even the people in the keep, but he was nowhere to be found, what do I do?
BTW I love the hearthperson quests. I can get credit for killing something, my companion actually killed
The game seemingly fails to recognize the Vampire as the enemy (said vampire being non hostile MIGHT have something to do with it, not experienced with bugs) but the game treats them like regular characters, often.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 11:13:26 pm »

The game seemingly fails to recognize the Vampire as the enemy (said vampire being non hostile MIGHT have something to do with it, not experienced with bugs) but the game treats them like regular characters, often.
To a certain extent it's working fine. Some psychopath wanders into town, declares the local weaver a fiend of the night and slices off his head, how do you think everyone will react? Oh, right vampire, sure, good job! Not very likely.

The ability to prove a vampire is a vampire and encourage the townsfolk to rise up against them like they do in worldgen is required.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:33 am »

To a certain extent it's working fine. Some psychopath wanders into town, declares the local weaver a fiend of the night and slices off his head, how do you think everyone will react? Oh, right vampire, sure, good job! Not very likely.

The ability to prove a vampire is a vampire and encourage the townsfolk to rise up against them like they do in worldgen is required.
what happens if you sleep next to a vampire?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 10:56:18 am »

They stare at you hungrily all night long. That's all.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 11:25:26 am »

They stare at you hungrily all night long. That's all.
I was kinda hoping it would expose them, without killing you. :(
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

HiddenEyes056

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh my gosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 05:25:35 pm »

That line is so cool. Like, he recognises it's a big deal of you to have fearlessly faced off with a monster, but at the same time he can't forgive you. They still consider it to be a member of the community. Perhaps they think they can cure the curse somehow? Then you came along and killed him. Murderer!

It's a bit like The Walking Dead, where people get all pissy about killing zombies because there might be a way to turn them back.
So basically the Mountainhomes is now sending complimentary cheese dip with every caravan.
A named spider who died centuries before I even played was helping rescue kids I had in fact rescued.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 05:29:09 pm »

You are wrong, if you tell a lord, they will recognize that you killed a nuisance and they will not claim you are a murderer, the lay folk don't know any better. Try it.

The lord will be happy that you have "rid them of a nuisance", the towns folk still think you killed someone. It actually makes sense, would a normal townsfolk know that that person was  a vampire? probably not, but a nobleman will ..perhaps rid them of it quietly.

If the vamp is from a different hamlet then the lord who gave you the quest make sure to tell as many people as possible ( including the lord) about the vampires  (via the spread rumor option) "soandso vampire's presence in  hamletname " otherwise they won't know.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:43:34 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 05:31:43 pm »

Not really.
Yes, really. Check your legends, it's exactly what happens.

I've killed vampires lords and law-givers right in the middle of the keep, and they may have a hard core of culties still supporting him, but not everyone in court is one of them, and the guards never are. Telling them about legendary kills beforehand certainly gives them pause. I usually do that as a matter of courtesy, so they know what they're up against.

This right here ^^ babam
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 08:10:47 pm »

What if the vampire didn't feed on people? What if he only drank blood from animals that needed to be slaughtered? Both parties would get something: The vampire would get blood, and the people would have a way of slaughtering animals that doesn't involve a lot of mooing and kicking.
Pages: 1 [2] 3