Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: LegendsBrowser 1.19.2 (Windows, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer) | DF 0.47.04  (Read 113325 times)

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i've released version 1.12.2 with the following small bugfixes:
  • support for non-square maps
  • wrong port after loading when starting multiple instances
Legends Browser - df 0.42 legends viewer for windows, os x and linux

argo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I have generated a world with lots of sites and 10k years of history.

The raw xml from dwarf fortress is 44 GB. Zip-compressed is it 1.6 GB.

I have tried upping the memory allocated to 8 GB but even then, I get "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" errors when running the jar with the -w flag and pointing to the compressed file. Also, It doesn't seem the application is allocating the extra memory since it is only using 4 GB.

If it can help, here's a spindump of the running application: https://pastebin.com/raw/MEHCzjAi.
And the console output: https://pastebin.com/raw/TbaD71Kz

It is just stuck on loading.

I'm on OS X 10.11.16 and running the jar. The world was made in DF 0.43.05. I have tried exporting the legends using dfhack but ran into some other problems.

What are my options? I have access to a 32 GB RAM machine (although it's currently generating a 20k years world) if that helps.

EDIT: I tried again with a legends-plus file from dfhack but it's also stuck when running the jar. Output is at https://paste.installgentoo.com/view/0d234d32.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:46:51 pm by argo »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor request to help out with modding:
Could you add an option to define the colours given to each race rather than have Legends Viewer assign them?
Right now each time I mod in a new race, I have to relearn the colours for every single other civ.

I want to add a few new races and for each new tweak, immediately gen up a world and check on Legends Viewer's map what overall impact it's had. Randomised colours each time a new race is added is kind of frustrating (yeah, I know I could work around this by renaming my races "1", "2", "3", "4"...., but I don't want to).

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are my options? I have access to a 32 GB RAM machine (although it's currently generating a 20k years world) if that helps.

Sorry, but I don't think you will be able to load these large files. The viewer is programmed to load the contents of the xml files into memory. So memory usage should be more or less equal to the size of the xml files.

Could you add an option to define the colours given to each race rather than have Legends Viewer assign them?
Right now each time I mod in a new race, I have to relearn the colours for every single other civ.

I thought I added a feature so that races always get the same random color, but it looks like i didn't add it to the last release. I will have a look at it on the weekend. An option to configure race colors should also be possible.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought I added a feature so that races always get the same random color, but it looks like i didn't add it to the last release. I will have a look at it on the weekend. An option to configure race colors should also be possible.
That'd be excellent!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:41:58 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i've released version 1.13 with the following new features:
  • colors for custom races will stay the same, even after reload
  • you can set a custom color for each race from the civilizations screen (a page reload is needed after the color has been set)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LegendsBrowser 1.13 (Window, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer for df 0.43)
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2017, 05:58:53 pm »

I've found that if I rename the "region1" folder to be named after the world (e.g. "Exsmo") that the population chart doesn't work and the list of civilizations will show unknown for most civs.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LegendsBrowser 1.13 (Window, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer for df 0.43)
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2017, 09:07:15 am »

On player-run forts, the list of "so and so created a masterwork" gets really large and clutters up the event listing when looking at a site.

Is there a way to filter out these "masterwork" events when looking at a site list or events associated with a dwarf?

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LegendsBrowser 1.14 (Window, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer for df 0.44)
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2017, 09:18:35 am »

i've released version 1.14 with the following new features:
  • Support for new events from 0.44

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LegendsBrowser 1.12.2 (Window, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer for df 0.43)
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2017, 11:18:40 pm »

Sorry, but I don't think you will be able to load these large files. The viewer is programmed to load the contents of the xml files into memory. So memory usage should be more or less equal to the size of the xml files.

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember something about there being a way to set up one's computer so that the system can use some of the hard drive space as if it was RAM. I wouldn't know how to do it or where to look to find out, but if what I remember is right then that might be a usable work around to load up crazy huge files that otherwise would be too much for the system RAM to handle.

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LegendsBrowser 1.12.2 (Window, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer for df 0.43)
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2017, 09:27:41 am »

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember something about there being a way to set up one's computer so that the system can use some of the hard drive space as if it was RAM. I wouldn't know how to do it or where to look to find out, but if what I remember is right then that might be a usable work around to load up crazy huge files that otherwise would be too much for the system RAM to handle.

you can try increasing your virtual memory. but i think the performance will suffer drasticly.

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LegendsBrowser 1.15 (Windows, Mac OS and Linux legends viewer for df 0.44)
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2017, 09:29:32 am »

i've released version 1.15 with the following new features:
  • filter for event types in every event list
  • event: spotted leaving site
  • event: entity searched site

Podesta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2017, 11:33:20 am »

How would I go about choosing the map that is loaded? Or is it possible to change the map presented after the browser has loaded?

Karater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2017, 11:35:32 am »

How would I go about choosing the map that is loaded? Or is it possible to change the map presented after the browser has loaded?

just hit exit in the top left (or close the console window) and restart the application

Podesta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2017, 04:44:58 pm »

just hit exit in the top left (or close the console window) and restart the application

But I can't choose which map is loaded. Unless I'm doing something wrong, as soon as I pick the .xml dump it loads everything automatically. I'm never prompted or given an option to which map I want to load. For example it is currently automatically loading the "detailed map", so if I want to load the "world map", I need to delete the first one. Or if I wanted to load some other map, like trade, for example, I'm not given the option.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12