Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tribal Animal Men Civ Mod 0.42.04  (Read 3891 times)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Tribal Animal Men Civ Mod 0.42.04
« on: January 04, 2016, 04:54:15 am »

Tribal Animal Men is a small mod which edits the larger feline animal men to have civilizations of their own. They are primitive, but will come to trade with you and can offer captured creatures and animal products.

Features

Feline Animal Men have civilizations, current animal men civs include, Lion Men, Cheetah Men, Tiger Men, Cougar Men, Jaguar Men and Leopard Men

Animal Men hunt animals and will trade you animal products

Animal Men are primtive, making them cruel and morally lacking, they will eat sapients and find torture mostly fine

Animal Men now have access to metal and mining, they can make weapons, but they do not wear armor

Animal Men have only basic knowledge of metals, unable to make any alloy besides bronze.

Major personality changes and behavior changes (Animal Men are naturally disciplined, they prefer biting and scratching in unarmed combat and their civs have bandits)

Animal Men at war will launch ambushes but can advance to sieging

Three more weapons exclusive to Animal Men, the club, the hatchet and the hand axe (hand axe is for mining)

Animal Men have nobles. (The Chieften, ruler. The Shaman, religious duties. WitchDoctor, healthcare. Diplomats and pack hunters.)

Different species of Animal Men are different sizes, some are Dwarf size, others are much larger than even humans.

Other minor changes you can discover for yourself  ;)

DOWNLOAD

This mod is the sucessor of the Tribal Elves mod, you can download the Tribal Elves mod here.

Please give me feedback on anything that isn't working or possible additions you might like to see.

I may continue to develope this and possibly make the Animal Men Civs playable and also add more content for them.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:04:05 pm by King Kitteh »
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Elves Mod 42.04
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 05:43:35 am »

I tried to go and make a DFFD download, but the website told me I don't have the authorisation to upload the file.

Could someone please help me out with that? I don't really know what I'm doing. Is there some registration to be able to post mods or something?  :-\

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 06:44:09 am »

I tried to go and make a DFFD download, but the website told me I don't have the authorisation to upload the file.

Could someone please help me out with that? I don't really know what I'm doing. Is there some registration to be able to post mods or something?  :-\
You need to register in order to upload files do dffd. You can do this here.

BTW, your new elves remind me of orcs from The Elder Scrolls. ;)
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 06:49:52 am »

I've come to realise that it would probably have been better if instead of replacing Elves with tribal versions, I should have created a new race entirely and kept elves intact.

I've decided to take the mod in a different direction and instead apply it to some animal people instead, while leaving Elves unchanged

I'm just not sure what to do with this thread.

Should I abandon it? Or should I convert? Is it even possible to convert the thread? Or perhaps delete it entirely?

I'm not sure what to do  :(

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 06:54:06 am »

You need to register in order to upload files do dffd. You can do this here.

BTW, your new elves remind me of orcs from The Elder Scrolls. ;)

I had registered but when I tried to upload the file to minor mods it told me I was not authorised. I'll try again tomorrow because it's late here, I think it might have had something to do with me registering just minutes before.

Thanks anyway. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 10:50:12 am »

You cant delete threads, only lock them. But it would be very easy to edit the first post and change the title. :) Dont worry, the mod itself sounds fine and interesting. Giving animal people a better role is nice.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Animal Men Civ Mod 0.42.04
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 07:52:33 pm »

Please disregard previous comments, this mod used to be an Elf conversion but has since changed.

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 09:32:24 pm »

Looks interesting at the very least. :) I have to admit, I liked the idea of a more tribal group of elves... might be interesting to introduce a new cousin of theirs. :D

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 09:49:21 pm »

Looks interesting at the very least. :) I have to admit, I liked the idea of a more tribal group of elves... might be interesting to introduce a new cousin of theirs. :D

I'll add the Elf version of the download aswell if you like :)

It's pretty much the same thing though, I just felt it would be better to add more content, than to convert the already existing stuff.

In the future I might add an entirely new race, a cousin of the Elves perhaps. When I was making this mod I was basing it off the Florans from Starbound. So I might add them as an option :)

Hobelhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 02:00:44 am »

Been playing around with integrating this mod with my own homemade race of lizardmen. Some notes:

1) The presence of multiple creature tokens per entity seems to result in many, many more civilizations being spawned; one for each token present, I think. I had to cut all but one to make more of the other civs show up.

2) Chieftain is misspelled as 'chieften'.

Overall, looks good, however.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 02:17:14 am »

The presence of multiple creature tokens per entity seems to result in many, many more civilizations being spawned; one for each token present, I think. I had to cut all but one to make more of the other civs show up.

I have noticed this, but I don't really know how to fix this without cutting down on the diversity of animal people. I could perhaps have all the animal people as one creature with many different castes, but that would result in weird breeding (cheetah man and wolf woman creating a jaguar child somehow). I'll look into this  :-\

Chieftain is misspelled as 'chieften'.

I noticed this just a few hours ago, it's fixed in the new version.

Thanks anyway, the new version will probably be done in a few days, where you can look forward to actually playing as them  :D

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 05:31:23 am »

The presence of multiple creature tokens per entity seems to result in many, many more civilizations being spawned; one for each token present, I think. I had to cut all but one to make more of the other civs show up.

Okay, I've got a rather messy solution, but to even out the animal people, you can simply add more [CREATURE:] tokens to your other entities. If you make them even with the amount animal people then it should fix everything.

Alternatively you could change [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:100] to exactly how many animal civs you want, and then it will stop making them after it reaches the maximum.
However this doesn't scale up for different world sizes like the previous option.