Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 47650 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (9/9) Act-1 Well we need a new finale
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2016, 06:21:43 pm »

TDS - How's it feel being voted for bandwagoning?

~10 games or so, all here. Played Town of Salem a bit but that's a bit too fast-paced for me. Also my old computer didn't like it much, so it often crashed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2016, 06:22:43 pm »

Replacement request.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2016, 06:26:46 pm »

TDS
AbstractTraitorHero: What about this second vote?
See, this is often legitimate but I've seen scum do this loads of times as piling in on a newcomer is a cheap way to get a lynch without thinking too much about it. I don't like it.

And how do you respond to TDS voting ATH as well? I've got my feelings, what're yours?
It sits uneasily with me.

Why do you think it's not a legitimate vote this time?

ATH: Are you suspicious of my vote?

Everyone Jack A T refused to talk about his actions. What do you think of this?

It's a crazy gambit. It always is.

Cool, since I'm now being bandwagoned for bandwagoning.
Slightly but that comes with the territory.
BlackHeartKabal how much mafia experience do you have?
Oh, more than you would think, but I don't consider myself a veteran.

Hector - How much mafia experience do you have?

Moonlit - What's your favorite role?

Tawa - Are you a lurker?

ATH - Why are you so reliant on power roles?

NQT - Do you plan to clear yourself and take lead of the town?

O. Wilde - You don't talk much, do you?
Well Concrete evidence is amazing and well it helps that in my first game i was a power role just the info they provide really.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2016, 06:34:47 pm »

Well i think the town won actually but it wasent easy since i made a very big mistake that just kinda got everyone off track.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2016, 06:45:43 pm »

He claimed cop 3 hours into the first day :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2016, 06:49:43 pm »

I blame my huge amount of topics

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2016, 06:51:45 pm »

... That's almost as bad as the time where I falsely claimed a vengeful multikill as doctor and got killed. Why would you claim cop 3 hours in?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2016, 06:54:30 pm »

Well i though someone else was roleclaiming cop and well.......let's just say i pulled the trigger too fast.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2016, 06:56:29 pm »

It was his first game too. Better throw that in there heh.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2016, 06:58:37 pm »

Yeah i was smarter in the second though i kinda just ended up getting bandwagoned.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2016, 07:00:45 pm »

How is that information going to help you find scum in this game?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2016, 07:02:05 pm »

I cleared a few people and by the end at least 2 i think were confirmed by my investigation which got rid of their suspicion and allowed scum to be caught easier.
How is that information going to help you find scum in this game?
Wait yeah explain are you trying to sidetrack me?!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2016, 07:05:49 pm »

Unvote.  Reaction test, of a sort.  I think I have a nice initial wave of (non)reactions, and have some remarks and questions.  Let's look at each poster.

The Players
TheMoonlitShadow was the first to post after my selfvote, and immediately reacted.  That reaction is...empty.  It took a while for his approach to shift: he called for NQT and I to explain my action.  Emphasis on NQT, and the question to me seems an afterthought.  General tone by that point: semi-disinterest in my actions.

This initially appears to change after my refusal to answer a question.  Moonlit asks everyone to comment on that choice...
There's just one problem.  The question went unanswered by all but TheDarkStar, yet a quite active Moonlit made the decision to either not pay attention to who answered or not try to get any answers.  No followup, no requests to answer.  Hm.

AbstractTraitorHero did not engage or react.

Hector13 threw a reactive RVS vote on me and asked me the classic "you did that thing why" question.  A reaction, but not one with much substance.  Took the time to react, but did not seem to think about what happened much: asking why someone did a weird gambity thing immediately after they do the thing is a great way to get either a deferred response or no response.  Looks like engagement, but non-productive if one thinks about it a little.
Also, this.  This is a much stronger indicator of thought and engagement than Hector's actual attempt to gain information, actually.  Comparative thought.  The contrast between the joke and the actual play is interesting, though I don't know what to make of it.

notquitethere asked a reasonable question, but quite early: there weren't exactly many reactions at that point.  Could have been assuming I would answer later, after more players posted, though.
I can think of several reasonable reasons why you've done this.
This is interesting signaling.  NQT is basically announcing that he is thinking about the game, and engaged with it.  He's not showing us his engagement and thought, or keeping his thoughts fully to himself.  He's telling us that he has thoughts.  Perhaps more importantly, he wants us to know that he has thoughts.  It's worth noting that non-engagement is one of the main scumtells he looks for.
He's promised to give these thoughts after this post.  Let's see what they are.

TheDarkStar did not engage, and later identified my second post (and by extension my first) as a crazy gambit.

BlackHeartKabal actively did not engage.  Questions to everyone but me, no answer to Moonlit's question to everyone.  I want to know why.

Questions
TheMoonlitShadow: What was the reason for your "suicidal man" remarks/your initial reaction?  How was the reaction meant to help create a town victory?
Furthermore, what led you to put no effort into getting your question to everyone actually answered?  Did you actually want answers to the question?

AbstractTraitorHero: Why did you not react to my self-vote?

Hector13: What did you hope to accomplish with your question to me?  How did the resemblance of my actions to those of roo guide your play?

notquitethere: Tell me, why did you want everyone to know that you had thought of reasonable reasons for my self-vote?
Have people reacted as you'd anticipated?
For strategic reasons, I will not answer this at this time.

TheDarkStar: You identified my actions as a gambit.  What made you decide not to engage?

BlackHeartKabal: Why did you very deliberately choose not to interact with me or comment on my actions?

OH GOD HE'S BEEN POSSESSED BY ROO KILL HIM KILL HIM NAOW!
ayyyyyy
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 07:11:51 pm »

BlackHeartKabal: Why did you very deliberately choose not to interact with me or comment on my actions?
You're assuming things. I chose not to interact with you because I didn't have any questions for you at the time, and why comment on your actions when others already have? I'm mostly unconcerned with you because you're Order Ovate tier unpredictable, a wild card that nobody really can keep track of, and there's no point in trying to do so. Depending on whether you're town or mafia, this is either a good thing or a bad thing, if your gambit-of-the-week is successful. The only question I really want to ask you is what are you planning, but you're not going to answer me, at least not truthfully, so there's no point.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 07:14:33 pm »

Hector13: What did you hope to accomplish with your question to me?  How did the resemblance of my actions to those of roo guide your play?

Well in terms of what you did, it wasn't very useful. You voted yourself so... no pressure on anyone else to respond beyond "wtf?" which is what I did. Didn't really consider it beyond that.

The resemblance to roo doesn't matter; roo plays like a mental, and it bothers some people, but once you get used to it it just becomes something to try to tune out. If you're playing like that, I'd just have to do the same.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30