Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39144 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry mobs.
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2016, 08:03:04 pm »

((but having meatbags doing the talking is no fun at all.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2016, 08:24:43 pm »

Still staying near the local leader, monitoring his actions towards the Omegas.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2016, 01:58:30 am »

YOU RETURN US, UNSCATHED, TO OUR CHUMS IN TOWN. THE LEGION WILL FIND YOU IF YOU DO NOT.

Allow them to take us to town. If anyone moves to attack, begin pressing my tentacles into this man's eyes and squeezing his neck.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »

"Itsss would be helpful iffff you DROPPED DEAD! Getsss offf me, dumb hairy apesssss!"
Punch one or more in dumb external gonads. Escape.
You land a couple blows, but none of the critical groinshots. "What the hell is wrong with you? The -ouch - damn it! the boss wants a word - ouch- just settle down and come with us. Borat's balls!"

YOU RETURN US, UNSCATHED, TO OUR CHUMS IN TOWN. THE LEGION WILL FIND YOU IF YOU DO NOT.

Allow them to take us to town. If anyone moves to attack, begin pressing my tentacles into this man's eyes and squeezing his neck.
"Okay dead puppies. anything you say. Just let's get this over with." And the guy with the most unusual hat, walks unsteadily toward town.

Acquire the brass. Then go after the alchemist. Assuming nobody else is near the goop, Lift him up in the air and stare at him menacingly. Otherwise, just get really close in his personal space and stare menacingly.  say the below in usual monotone manner.

"Angry statement: Little man, you are making this one very angry. Retoric query: Shall this one tell you why this one got sentenced to the Omega legion? Angry statement: It Is because this one's magister master was a complete asshole to this one, so this one took a heavy object and did not stop hitting said magister for at least an hour. Barely contained anger: This one is very tired of being treated like trash, so you would do well not to snap at this one for something you forgot yourself. Do not forgot for one moment that you are the cause of all of this in the first place.

Annoyed query: What does this one need to do next to be rid of the goop and your horrid company?"

Brass gotten, alchemist lifted. He seems rather frightened by you, but also rather offended at your words. "I caused? I forgot? I told you three times we needed copper. And I've treated you with nothing but respect, despite your arrogance and racism. But now you are acting like a spoiled child. Put me down. Let's get this over with and get your rude metal ass gone. We'll not have to put up with each other any longer."

((for the record, I should have said that brass would work, as a substitute. The alchemist would have assumed Clunkers would know that, since he has claimed to be an alchemist himself. The fault in that particular is mine))

Still staying near the local leader, monitoring his actions towards the Omegas.
He seems calm. You notice some people with backs loaded with belongings heading out of town. Come to think of it, it has gotten rather quiet after the crowd left earlier.
((You could tell Ebony to say that, and do the physical part while she does the talking. That might be more likely to succeed.))
Ebony could always snatch up that spell book and start inscribing.It has 5 pages.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2016, 10:33:25 pm »

Not ssssure what sssome sssmelly humans telling me to stop fighting them is ssssupposed to do. Keep hitting them.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2016, 01:34:34 am »

how sensible of them. not sure why it took them this long.
Still waiting
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 23, 2016, 05:44:26 am »

Look around to see if anyone is watching us at this time. If there are people watching us, put him down and drone out a monotone "affirmative, meatbag"

If there is nobody wathcing us at this time, assuming we are near the goop, keep hold of him and walk into the goop. Then rip off his hood and quickly plunge him under, smothering him inside the goop until he is deceased.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2016, 05:46:35 pm »

updates are going to be delayed a bit. I have been under the weather lately.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 24, 2016, 05:56:44 pm »

((Hope you get to feeling better. :())

Ride my man-steed to town, Rattatouille-style. If Egan's character gets close, encourage man-steed to hurry with a swift whack to the head.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2016, 08:57:58 am »

Not ssssure what sssome sssmelly humans telling me to stop fighting them is ssssupposed to do. Keep hitting them.
Beats me. One could only guess as to the motivations of such npcs, really. You keep struggling, and the tone of their conversation goes a little more practical. they start talking about tying ou up instead. Just for the trip into town, of course.

how sensible of them. not sure why it took them this long.
Still waiting
Well, you hear the sudden angry and very frightened shouting of the alchemist. Which then ceases abruptly. You feel a strange lurch, and a sickening sensation settles into your stomach. The man seems unaffected. And then you hear another man screaming. In the same general direction.

Look around to see if anyone is watching us at this time. If there are people watching us, put him down and drone out a monotone "affirmative, meatbag"

If there is nobody wathcing us at this time, assuming we are near the goop, keep hold of him and walk into the goop. Then rip off his hood and quickly plunge him under, smothering him inside the goop until he is deceased.

Oh boy. You haul the little guy out to the gunk. He struggles for something under his cloak, and attempts to throw it at you, but you bat it away contemptuously, and then shove him deep into the goo. At first he flails and bangs against your arms, to no avail. But then he does something curious. His fingers begin moving on your arms, your chest, and your sides for a minute before going rigid. A sudden surge of fear, rage, and black certainty courses over you. none of these feelings are your own, that much is sure. The gnome goes completely limp, but you hold him under anyway, to be sure. Deeper. You push him in deeper. A little deeper into the writhing turgidity of the goop. And again. Your metal face is mere inches from the bubbling mass, when you notice the faces. and the screams. You reel backward, partially upright, and the goop rises with you, completely coating your arms, wraped around your chest, and crawling, crawling, crawling.

((Hope you get to feeling better. :())

Ride my man-steed to town, Rattatouille-style. If Egan's character gets close, encourage man-steed to hurry with a swift whack to the head.
Ssslavina remains where she is, battling captivity and communication with equal fervor. No matter, your steed makes quick time into town, past the marketplace, and right into the writhing, climbing, roiling mass of goo ahead of you. he get's knee deep before he stops, screaming.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2016, 10:34:08 am »

I need to find out what's going on.
I stand up and go out of sight, preferably in the direction away from the goo, then upon getting somewhere hidden I shift into raven form and attempt to survey what on earth is going on. I continue to avoid goop fumes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 25, 2016, 02:25:27 pm »

"Spiteful statement: Well played little man, but your life is forfeit. Just accept that you were a miserable magister and that you deserved what you got." He says, voice barely a whisper.

"Slightly Worried Statement: COMRADES, THE GOOP IS BECOMING AGRESSIVE. THIS ONE MAY REQUIRE SOME AID" he shouts

This one is of glorious metal and shall not be held down by mere goop. Attempt to break away from the goop by sheer force.

If breaking away doesn't work, merely resist the goop and use robutt computing to determine what the little git did exactly and how to get out of it.

((Goddamn mages, little gits never just die easy.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2016, 08:49:57 pm »

I AM SORRY, MAN-STEED, BUT MY LIFE IS FRANKLY WORTH MORE THAN YOURS. BEST OF LUCK.

Try to clear the goop behind us in one jump, and vamoose.

EDIT: If it doesn't look like I can clear it, and if somehow I've managed to hold onto that mirror I had, stick it under me when I jump and ride the goo slick to safety.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:55:01 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2016, 09:47:06 pm »

Fight!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2016, 04:24:28 am »

I need to find out what's going on.
I stand up and go out of sight, preferably in the direction away from the goo, then upon getting somewhere hidden I shift into raven form and attempt to survey what on earth is going on. I continue to avoid goop fumes.
You get airborne and fly around near the goop, but far enough that the odor is not overpowering. the whole mass of it seems alive now, it is roiling, boiling and coalescing toward a point. You spot the golem near the point, covered in gop, and wading away from teh point at which the goop is coalescing. but that point is moving toward him as well. On closer inspection, only part of it is coalescing toward a point - the rest is arching outward pouring slowly down the streets and crawling up the nearest buildings.

"Spiteful statement: Well played little man, but your life is forfeit. Just accept that you were a miserable magister and that you deserved what you got." He says, voice barely a whisper.

"Slightly Worried Statement: COMRADES, THE GOOP IS BECOMING AGRESSIVE. THIS ONE MAY REQUIRE SOME AID" he shouts

This one is of glorious metal and shall not be held down by mere goop. Attempt to break away from the goop by sheer force.

If breaking away doesn't work, merely resist the goop and use robutt computing to determine what the little git did exactly and how to get out of it.

((Goddamn mages, little gits never just die easy.))
You stand and walk backward, toward the edge of the goop. It is tough going, but you make progress against the tide. Unfortunately, the goop that is clinging to you does not come off easily, and as long as you are in the pile, more of it climbs into your joints, up your torso, and begins crawling along the base of your neck. you are becoming a walking ball of goop in the midst of a sea of the same. And you're calculations barely begin before they encounter an error which freezes up the process, turning your vision yellow with warning alerts. You furiously invent several new insults for incompetent magisters and mismechanic alchemists, and organics in general.

I AM SORRY, MAN-STEED, BUT MY LIFE IS FRANKLY WORTH MORE THAN YOURS. BEST OF LUCK.

Try to clear the goop behind us in one jump, and vamoose.

EDIT: If it doesn't look like I can clear it, and if somehow I've managed to hold onto that mirror I had, stick it under me when I jump and ride the goo slick to safety.

You leap from the man, causing him to stumble and go down, but soaring out toward a nearby window sill. You misjudge the distance and crash through the window shutters, roll along the floor in a ball of legs and head, and crash right into a fireplace, thankfully unlit. You pause a moment, a sloppy pile of rubbery appendage, covered in soot, and cough out a little ball of black dust.

Fight!
You push and buck, and one guy, attempting to hold your head, goes tumbling over you into the weeds. The other grips your torso quite firmly, sure you cannot escape him, but you slither off, with your passenger on board, before his companion can recover. Then, you hear a strange, gurgling wail, from the direction of town. Glancing htat way, you sense a bizarre transformation. the goop is glowign a sickly, malevolent violet, and it is reaching out. It seems angry. "What was that?" The man on your back shouts nervously. You get the impression he wasn't talking to you.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30