Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.  (Read 28719 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2016, 04:10:13 am »

begin piling the rubble at the gate i guess, once finished envenom the fuck out of it to dissuade people romeoving the stones to get through.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2016, 06:09:10 am »

Conduct fighting ring in a gentlemanly and profitable fashion! Statistics are on my side! Give seemingly good odds for unlikely decapitations!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2016, 07:40:07 pm »

begin piling the rubble at the gate i guess, once finished envenom the fuck out of it to dissuade people romeoving the stones to get through.
You drag some large beams over to the gate, but as you begin propping them into the gap, the gate's sole remaining hinge gives a loud snap, and breaks right off. the gate topples inward with a loud whump! half the courtyard crowd turn to look for a moment, before turning back to their entertainment. the four people in the street on the other side of the gate look in, shocked expressions on their faces, before hurriedly ducking hteir heads and increasing their pace to anywhere but here.

Conduct fighting ring in a gentlemanly and profitable fashion! Statistics are on my side! Give seemingly good odds for unlikely decapitations!
Luck is a fickle lover. You break even throughout the rest of the night. in the end, you and the eye netted two silver worth of copper pieces. add that to the number you made on the previous nights, which I forget.

And so the night passes. The inn stands, but the gates have fallen. You wearily make your way into the inn to find resting places after all is said and done, stepping over drunks, injured fols, and broken furniture, and completely ignoring an angry innkeeper, going on about the mess in his common room and guest wings. A gare or two and a well timed hiss keep his protests rather mild, however, and you are left to sleep in relative peace. around noon, as you begin to stir and rise, a voice addresses you from the middle of the room "well then, looks like the festival is over. you guys survived ... most of you, anyway. Time to head back to Omega." And with that, the bright red lizard scuttles to the door, climbs up one side, across the lentil, and down the other side, gesturing as it goes. the door way turns black, and the lizard turns to you expectantly. "He will not want to be kept waiting."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2016, 09:27:34 pm »

((Damn, these guys made more than 2 Silver and didn't even break their fingers. maybe crime doesn't pay...

Edit: Wow I appear to have forgotten grammar existed when I made this post, sorry for any cancer you may have caught.))
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:39:10 am by Egan_BW »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2016, 09:31:28 pm »

Er, do that then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2016, 04:58:24 am »

Three silver and sixty coppers! Handicapping's a fine profession.

"Say, haunted floating eye, you got any interest in this cash? I figure you helped, so let's say two shares for me, one share for you?"

Arrange a 2:1 split between the eye and me if it wants any cash, then get going.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2016, 08:31:25 am »

"Indeed.  That will do."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2016, 10:36:07 am »

Snatch a limb from wherever we hid the corpses then follow the lizard back to base.

Snack on the limb if its a long walk.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2016, 04:11:54 pm »

Er, do that then.
Off you go then

Three silver and sixty coppers! Handicapping's a fine profession.

"Say, haunted floating eye, you got any interest in this cash? I figure you helped, so let's say two shares for me, one share for you?"

Arrange a 2:1 split between the eye and me if it wants any cash, then get going.
alright. I have it recorded as two silver and 40 copper for you, and one and twenty for him. I'm assuming you are heading through the portal?

Snatch a limb from wherever we hid the corpses then follow the lizard back to base.

Snack on the limb if its a long walk.

well, there are no windows in the little room, and the only obvious exit is the door, so no side trips for you. But we'll sayyou had a foot on hand when you dragged into the room early this morning. You gnaw on that thoughtfully as you step through the darkness.

Attempt to find an alternate path out of the room.  If one is found, escape, but otherwise, exit the portal dejectedly.
The lizard sees you looking and snatches you up by the collar, hurling you through the doorway. "Mrrrrrryeeeeeooooowww yousonofabiiiiiiitch!!!!"

those of you who step through end up in a stone room with several of what look to be Omega officers and NCOs doing typical military formality type stuff.
"the Eye?"
"Functioned to specifiations. Has requested some upgrades. No complaints"
"Very good. send him to the alchemists. they can modify him." He looks up sternly "Within the agreed upon parameters. None of there horseshit this time. I swear I will take away all their explosives. No, I will give them their explosives, forcefully. who is next? The ... Choh cha? How do you pronounce that? Oh it's the bug."
"A tad murderous at first, but it seemed to get pretty involved at the second inn. It's venom is pretty versatile."
"And it brought a snack. Well, good work, Mr Cho sha. You know what the reward for good work is? more work. Dismissed for now. Try not to kill any Omegas while you are here, it will upset your brand. next ... woah, goddammit, what was that?"
"Was that a cat?"
"Oh. Dar, yay Cheera? Why not mittens or fluffy or ... anyway, go on."
"He actually helped. had some illusions, and dashed around like a sheepdog, chasing the herd. Got stuck up on a pole."
"of course he did. hmm. Fiddler?"
"Made three silver."
"Of course he did. that leaves the wasps, the fire mage, and that Feegle. And we already know about the Feegle."
"No data on the others."
"Right then. you fellas ... someone get that cat down off of there - you fellas have any questions?" this last is addressed to you guys.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2016, 04:17:58 pm »

"Ah, been monitoring me closely, eh? Good thing I didn't incriminate myself further, then!"

Wait for cheeky randos to finish summation, then go and see what I can buy for all this sweet cash.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2016, 05:50:22 pm »

"Very well.  This unit shall proceed to the laboratory."

Upgrades requested:Manipulative facility.  Better glaring.
Sigtext

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2016, 01:47:20 am »

continue snacking on the foot, stare blankly at the Omega personell.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2016, 08:53:29 am »

"Ah, been monitoring me closely, eh? Good thing I didn't incriminate myself further, then!"

Wait for cheeky randos to finish summation, then go and see what I can buy for all this sweet cash.
Fiddler heads out into the Main Omega sanctuary, whistling a jaunty tune about the sexual exploits of a feral dog, and looking for phat loot. I bet you could find some pncho dye, maybe some potions, contraband weapons, and more. One of hte NCO's kinda points out the apocathary, the commisaary (for basic supplies), and the armory. there are enough sketchy people around that I doubt you will have any trouble finding the black market - Spazyak's character did, and he wasn't even trying.

"Very well.  This unit shall proceed to the laboratory."

Upgrades requested:Manipulative facility.  Better glaring.

the Eye heads to the Alchemic Construction Site - a blasted and pockmorked pit in an otherwise unremarkable side canyon. Home sweet home. the Alchemists there welcome him, asking loads of technical questions, and request specifics for his modifications

Dar'yajira remains on top of whatever he is on, and hisses at anyone who comes near.  If that fails to deter them, he will flee.
Dar hisses at anyone approaching. After a while, everyone ignores him, having pointed out the door and offered suggestions on what to go do with himself. Some of those suggestions weren't even offensive. Probably. One guy tried to entice Dar down with a rolled up sock tied with a thin piece of rope.

continue snacking on the foot, stare blankly at the Omega personell.
"Shoo! Go on, shoo!"

Alright, head over to the original thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154806.msg6675046#msg6675046 and do your stuff.

the four of you that returned with all your bits get five points for skills and five for stats. The others can ask about them individually, in this thread.
But first:
I said earlier on that, due to the excessive am0ount of -2s and the trouble everyone had due to minmaxing stats that I actually ended up using, that I would give everyone on missions one and two an opportunity. So here. You may reduce one point of advantage from a stat of your choice that has a +, and remove the corresponding number of -s from negative stats. that is, if you have +1/-1, you can become 0/0. For +4/-7, you would become +3/ -4, and so forth. do this before you add your 5 points. And the points work just as in ER - 5 to go from -1 to 0 or 0 to 1, 10 for -2 to -1 or 1 to 2, etc etc.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17