Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Medieval Fodder version the N-th. Waitlisters always needed. ALWAYS!  (Read 34382 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Fodder version the n-th. Fresh meat always welcome~!
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2015, 07:57:05 pm »

o rite Eviscerator ignores helmets.

EDIT: And fixed.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 08:00:41 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2015, 08:22:42 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2015, 08:23:27 pm »

MayBe thought enemy archer ranks may stay distracted by infighting for a bit more so he concentrated to split Bert in two halves and didn't notice Broderick's upperswing with flail. Confused bit from the impact he thought at first his greataxe got stopped by Bert's helmet and uttered few curses at that weapon vendor in Darthmond but then find out that in fact greataxe was stronger than helmet and cut part of it, heavily injuring Bert on head and shoulder.

Second later MayBe's own shoulder got hit too, this time with an arrow. Still bleeding from what was left of his nose it, he noticed Adira has already prepared a new arrow while Brother Ham was still wondering which bolt from his quiver to pick next. Feeling several enemies concetrated on him so he probably won't stay up for much longer, he tryied to cause as much confusion in enemy lines as possible.

MayBe attacks Adira Salome, hoping he can cut some more helmets.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2015, 08:48:37 pm »

Brother Ham frowns at the sight of his assailant.
Dear God :(
Ham reloads his crossbow.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2015, 09:53:47 pm »

o rite Eviscerator ignores helmets.

EDIT: And fixed.
Thanks for quick fix.

Reading through rules once more I found two more things:
  • Taskmaster was commader issuing tactics who got attacked during that. He should have retaliate the attack. (It does mean he attacks back if he survives the first attack, doesn't it?)
  • Some armor broke: Broderick got hit with halberd (-2 armor, he has now just 1 AP on that Dwarven Chainmail armor) and Lucius got hit with crossbow,bolt (-1 armor, he has now just 1 AP on that Chainmail armor)
Am I reading OP right?

Also, one question: tactics stay up for 3 turns, unless overwritten by other tactics. Does it stay active even in case the commander who gave it dies before time ticks out? Or maybe it stays up only when there is some other commander in that team, not looking which commander from given team issued given tactics?

P.S.: Sorry if you see it as nitpicking, I am new to this and with all those balanced numbers it seemed to me they are going to be used. Is it maybe better to talk about such things in forum games with GMs via PM?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2015, 09:59:18 pm »

Now successfully drunk, Tallow Knight wildly charges the enemy and attacks whichever is closest!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2015, 10:16:11 pm »

Some armor broke: Broderick got hit with halberd (-2 armor, he has now just 1 AP on that Dwarven Chainmail armor) and Lucius got hit with crossbow,bolt (-1 armor, he has now just 1 AP on that Chainmail armor)
The armor is pierced through, not damaged.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2015, 05:21:20 am »

Taskmaster got attacked but lost the basic roll so Henderson dealt damage.

Armor: what Hawk132 said.

And yes Tactics stay up even if the Commander dies. Without replacement though no more Tactics can be issued.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2015, 08:25:59 am »

Nice summary text, Haspen. Though when MayBe the Sorted saw how is attack ended up:

Heavily wounded and bleeding, MayBe the Sorted decided to act while he still could. The Eviscerator soon sated its thrist for blood and destruction; and while the blade met with the thick helmet, it still managed to cut deep into Bert the Brainless' shoulder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
he thought: Ehm, the guy who sold me that greataxe in weaponshop in Darthomnd seemed quite confident it should be strong enough to cut through any helmet. I wonder why it didn't work. If I survive this battle I may need to talk with this vendor again and ask for a refund of part of gold I spent on it. Or try how strong is his skull, rather...
((Fate caught up with you by Divine Intervention. :P Nice call. I missed that while reading the nice flavor written out with the rolls.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2015, 08:52:55 am »

"Buy a Helmet of Nigh invulnerability for a cheap price!"
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2015, 09:39:19 am »

"Buy a Helmet of Nigh invulnerability for a cheap price!"

"At Akbar's Discount Artifact Dealership, all legendary Eviscerators on sale guaranteed to be made of 100% natural premium Grade A organic local-grown beef tins!"

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2015, 07:19:27 pm »

Seeing many of his allies were wounded, (though his eyesight is indeed failing him,) the commander started a DEFENSIVE TACTIC.
I need to put something interesting here.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2015, 08:06:43 pm »

Seeing many of his allies were wounded, (though his eyesight is indeed failing him,) the commander started a DEFENSIVE TACTIC.
I think you must go to Normal tactic first...
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2015, 08:10:35 pm »

I think you must go to Normal tactic first...
Team B IS at Normal tactic now because
Old General Henderson tried to invoke the old tradition of fighting commanders, so he charged, sword drawn, at Taskmaster Mu
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2015, 12:19:17 pm »

As the fight began to reach top speed, Old General Henderson felt it was a good moment to organize his mercenaries, and therefore issued a defensive tactic.

Meanwhile, Broderick the Brave attempted to get revenge against Lucius. Unfortunately, Lucius just seized the advantage and then poked out Broderick's other eye - killing him on spot!

Alphanti then tried to harm Brother Ham for the second time, but due to a small rock in the ground Alphanti tripped, giving Brother Ham precious seconds to draw his dagger and lunge at his would-be assailant. Alphanti raised his shield just in time to hear a 'plink!' going off it.

Adire Salome looked for weakly protected enemy and found one in the person of MayBe the Sorted. Pull, Aim, Release! With a loud swish, the arrow sailed just inches off MayBe's left ear.

Few seconds later Bert the Brainless attacked Lucius. Now incensed by previous fight, Lucius once again counterattacked and struck his halberd against Bert's chest, striking him down fast and clean.

Just after that happened, Taskmaster Mu tried his best against Old General Henderson. Taskmaster Mu was better and faster than the grizzled old man and actually scored a hit - alas, if only his axe could penetrate that thick plate armor!

MayBe the sorted in the meanwhile found the source of the arrow that flew past his ear and decided to take revenge - or maybe just chop off another helmeted head. He ran up to Adira Salome, who, despite the dagger to protect her, couldn't stop the giant axe from cutting diagonally downwards across from her left shoulder, making the guts and blood spill all over the grass. Before even her body fell onto the ground, she was dead.

A moment later, Tallow Knight roared in joyous mood and tried to happily murder someone. It was Brother Ham that was his target, and this time good luck and long dagger weren't enough to protect Brother Ham; fortunately, thanks to the mail armor he wore, the hatchet that struck his left hand caused only moderate wound, nothing he couldn't walk off in few days - if he lives that long, of course! For now, he decided to move out of the danger's path and reload his crossbow.

Vurt-e arrives to reinforce Team B!
Team A is still fighting Offensively!
Team B is still fighting Defensively!
Team A is at a slight disadvantage.
Team B is at a disadvantage!

Spoiler: ACTIONS&ROLLS (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18