Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do for the language_words (We can use custom symbols)?

Keep the vanilla ones
Use an expanded vocabularly
Start entirely from scratch
Cull the words that don't make sense from vanilla, then add words as we go
Other(post it in the comments)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Author Topic: DF from Scratch Redux - An entirely player made universe succession  (Read 65590 times)

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF from Scratch Redux - An entirely player made universe succession
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2016, 07:38:11 am »

Here it is, then.
Access the new help menu by pressing ?, then navigating down.
Hope I didn't forget anything critical.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11692

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
- aardips
  - added [TRAINABLE_HUNTING] + [TRAINABLE_WAR]
  - added skull and 2 eyes
  - added [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE] + [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:20] to peck
  - gore now has [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100] instead of [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:70]
- hunting mantises
  - spelling error in wrestler profession fixed
  - removed [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY] from battlecry interaction
- corazoid
  - [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:300] to raise coral interaction
- spindlewebs
  - removed [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
- Bearskie's seed material template
  - doubled value from 1 to 2
- water troll (entity)
  - added [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HATCHET_BSK]
- Urdothor's every organic material template
  - changed cold damage point from 10000 °U to 9964 °U, or 0 °C to -20 °C
    (do a search and replace using COLDDAM_POINT:9964 to switch it around)
- changed the following files to make them not reference dwarves / elves / humans:
  - in data/announcement: end4, fortressintro, kingarrival, merchantexit, merchantintro, unretire
  - in data/dipscript/text: <everything>
- added a new menu in data/help/main that points to data/help/dffs_main, where we will put the ingame help for DFFS:R
- reworked the Modder's Resource to be more easily usable
- added Lord_Silverkey's
  - rhysium
  - iconium
  - thudol
- screatures
  - added SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE as layers to them
- fixed a spelling error where the twilight singer's ID was missing my 3-letter-ID (it is now called TWILIGHT_SINGER_CER)
- fixed a bug where I forgot to make my creatures geldable
- fixed forgotten [PET] and [STANDARD_GRAZER] tags in my creatures
- added the Troy, a wagon puller pack animal
  - twilight singers are still available as both, but they're weaker
  - added trade
- added in-game help for some stuff
- changed the water troll hydration interaction and its usage as Bearskie asked
- added leather and cloth nest reactions as Bearskie asked (+ added them to water trolls and mantises)
- added the ability to make drinkable stuff from milk
  - PROCESS_MILK_CER is the reaction name, add [PERMITTED_REACTION:PROCESS_MILK_CER]
- added the poofgeck
- added then fixed the scraws
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2016, 07:40:08 am »

Did you fix the tensile strain at yield value thing for the leather?

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2016, 07:45:34 am »

Nah, I had no idea what value I was supposed to write in there.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2016, 07:51:10 am »

Nah, I had no idea what value I was supposed to write in there.
Um, vanilla's is 50000 and that fits in with the trend of the other two leathers, so we'll say 50000. Also put that value in under the FIRESAFE_LEATHER_TEMPLATE as well. That would be under my firesafe organics file.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 23, 2016, 07:51:59 am »

Alrighty, I'll fix that, then refresh the uploaded file if I can.

EDIT: Done. As of now, your leathers are fixed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:56:51 am by Cerapter »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 23, 2016, 09:18:58 am »

Hey, what are all the TXT~ files for?

Also, female Flame Scraws can't breathe fire. Dunno whether that's intentional.

Btw, I'm going to suggest something now about the mod. It's about pain. Can we all agree that pain ruins the fun of good combat? Instead of getting an epic battle between two combatants, we get one bone chip and its game over. Mind you, this is in vanilla.

In Redux, the pain is set even higher than vanilla. I've just had trolls passing out from tearing a muscle. It's ridiculous. Its not entertaining, and its one of the primary reasons why fights end so fast in this mod. Believe me, I don't like my dlelelelelelelewhooooooop's dealing one-hit-knockouts either.

So, a proposal. Dramatically lower the pain values in the tissue templates. Make it so that we can have nice dramatic combat logs, with each combatant hanging onto his limbs and life to the very end. Vanilla's realism be damned, this is Redux. Let's make a mod that is fun to play.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:57:28 am by Bearskie »

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 23, 2016, 09:56:54 am »

Hey, what are all the TXT~ files for?
Nothing. They're backups automatically created when I change stuff, normally hidden on Linux so that's why I didn't notice them. Feel free to delete them.

Also, female Flame Scraws can't breathe fire. Dunno whether that's intentional.
Eh, ain't my fault. Though I'll go ahead and fix it.

EDIT: I just saw your pain suggestion, I'll see how that'll work out. Now that I'm checking it, muscle has +3 pain receptors, bone has +50, tooth has 10 (originally none) and organs have +11. So there's that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:10:19 am by Cerapter »

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 23, 2016, 10:22:52 am »

I'm perfectly fine with lowering pain. A lot of those values are from Halfling, and he was, at first, going towards a bit more realistic end result. So I'm fine with reducing pain a lot, just not eliminating it entirely.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 23, 2016, 10:27:01 am »

I've set them to vanilla values, for now.

EDIT: Anyone tried playing though fortress mode right now?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:31:01 am by Cerapter »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 23, 2016, 10:33:42 am »

Perhaps half of vanilla values? With the increased bone density, most attacks are now powerful enough to fracture all the way to the bone layer and internals. Creatures are going to need duller pain to keep fighting after their ribs and lungs have exploded into gore.

Yeah, why?

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 23, 2016, 10:56:57 am »

So, alright, the muscle pain receptors are definitely too much.

Source: just got half my face bitten off by my own dog. Blood everywhere, and I'm missing some of my lips.

...But seriously, next guy can take the files. I'm for real won't be available because I, for real, got my bitten on my face. I'll be following on mobile, I guess?

EDIT: do these
- fixed male flame scraws not being able to breathe fire
- fixed a bug where scraws' attacks were only given to the last defined caste, instead of all of them
- deleted duplicate PAIN_RECEPTORS tag in KERATIN_SCALE_TEMPLATE_URD
- changed PAIN_RECEPTORS in the following tissues:
  - MUSCLE_TEMPLATE_URD: 8 -> 5 (vanilla 5)
  - BONE_TEMPLATE_URD: 100 -> 50 (vanilla 50)
  - TOOTH_TEMPLATE_URD: 10 -> 0 (vanilla 0)
  - ORGAN_TISSUE_TEMPLATE_URD: 16 -> 5 (vanilla 5)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #371 on: January 23, 2016, 11:03:27 am »

You got your dog to rip your muscles just so we'd get better numbers? How !!SCIENTIFIC!! of you!

((Sorry about that joke, and sorry about the face. Hope the pain's mostly gone away. (Did the Creator set the pain receptors right for this universe? :P)))
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 23, 2016, 11:17:13 am »

It's just coming on, actually, now that the adrenaline has wore off.

And of course, a dwarven life extends way beyond simulations!

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 23, 2016, 11:57:19 am »

So, alright, the muscle pain receptors are definitely too much.

Source: just got half my face bitten off by my own dog. Blood everywhere, and I'm missing some of my lips.

...But seriously, next guy can take the files. I'm for real won't be available because I, for real, got my bitten on my face. I'll be following on mobile, I guess?

Have you made any more changes since you last uploaded? And I'll contact Baffler.
And I'm sorry to hear that happened. That's gotta suck.

Perhaps half of vanilla values? With the increased bone density, most attacks are now powerful enough to fracture all the way to the bone layer and internals. Creatures are going to need duller pain to keep fighting after their ribs and lungs have exploded into gore.

Would it help if we thickened all the noncombat areas of the body? Torso, etc.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:05:46 pm by Urdothor »

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 23, 2016, 12:14:31 pm »

Have you made any more changes since you last uploaded? And I'll contact Baffler.
Unlike what Bearskie said, it's male flame scraws that can't breathe fire. Simply copy the interaction from the females below.
Also in scraws, they have attacks defined at the bottom, but they only apply to the last defined caste. a [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] before the attacks should fix that, if I recall correctly.
KERATIN_SCALE_TEMPLATE_URD has PAIN_RECEPTORS defined twice, delete one of them.
Also played around with the tissue PAIN_RECEPTORS as I posted above, but there's nothing set in stone, yet, so that doesn't really matter.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42