Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 507

Author Topic: Red Moons Academy - Describe Your Morning in Amazing Detail - [IC THREAD]  (Read 183109 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Prepare Your Classload - [IC THREAD]
« Reply #5820 on: January 20, 2016, 11:17:25 pm »

((Don't suppose the school is warded against invisible people?))
((Nope. Why would it be?))
((I guess to prevent people from sneaking into the change rooms or dorms of the other gender. But there are so many damn way to see inside those anyway, such as precognition (yep, no big deal just gaining insight into the future of a different location just to perv on people and watch films for free before they ever come out like some sort of prophetic pirating pervert), construction of tiny constructs, enhanced perceptions, etc.))

Kendall seems to be very good at ensuring that the cue position screws over Sens. When his shot goes exactly according to plan that is, which isn't really that often, so he's still behind.
"Well, it's definitely interesting, even if I don't really like some of the teachers and half the people seem like they're off their meds or need to be prescribed them. Much larger than my old school, and its got better facilities, well the ones that aren't decrepit. Still getting used to living in a dorm too."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: January 20, 2016, 11:41:35 pm »

Kendall seems to be very good at ensuring that the cue position screws over Sens. When his shot goes exactly according to plan that is, which isn't really that often, so he's still behind.
"Well, it's definitely interesting, even if I don't really like some of the teachers and half the people seem like they're off their meds or need to be prescribed them. Much larger than my old school, and its got better facilities, well the ones that aren't decrepit. Still getting used to living in a dorm too."

Sens is very annoyed at how good Kendall seems to be at positioning the cue. Not amazing at it, of course, but better than he should be for someone who was just introduced to pool.

"Yeah, that sounds like Red Moons alright. The only place that has the latest equipment is the Arena and the gym. All of the graduates lavish money on it for some stupid reason. I don't know." She curses to herself as the cueball settles in another bad position for her and stops talking to concentrate on a shot that ultimately accomplishes nothing. "Shit. Well, I'm sure that you'll come to like this place eventually. Living in a dorm isn't too bad, even if it's with someone like Amee and Ibb-D'ye, and there's a lot more activities to do than a normal school. Personally I think that everyone here, students and teachers, are so weird because they have no other place to go. You know what I'm trying to say here? It's a school for people who have been living on the fringes of society and don't know what it's like to live a normal life. Hell, you're probably more normal than me when it comes to it." Sens suddenly remembers that Kendall has a thick accident that slips in from time to time and likes to wear women's clothing and hangs around in bars. As such she quickly adds, "Maybe."

((Precognition is great, isn't it? Given all of the weird abilities people have, I doubt that they could set up some cheap and easy way to stop all of them from doing stuff they're not supposed to. Besides frying every student's minds and calling it a day I guess.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:19 pm »

((Well, they just could make it so that people wouldn't want to do that. By which I mean surgically replacing everyone's libidos with a Xanling.))
"Sounds kinda concerning then, I mean forming some sort of enclave won't really help them integrate into society."
He finally manages to sink another shot, this one being one of those easy balls near a corner pocket but puts too much force into it, sending the cue rolling away past an infuriating position and into a slightly inconvenient one. Presumably the score gap is still about the same as before.
"And yeah, this place really does look more like a college than just a school. And honestly, I'm not really surprised they blow cash on the those two, most of the people I've met seem to have some skill in combat assuming their magic doesn't already cover it. Seriously, the only person I know who hasn't really fit that would be Hana. And she still turned into someone heavily armored earlier. Really, they look to me like they're relying too much on their damn magic, and that's what's turning them into outcasts. Don't want to listen to people? Create a dome around yourself. Want to introduce yourself? Fucking pyrotechnics. Want to ask a question? Magically influence the person."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: January 21, 2016, 03:22:10 pm »

"I know what you mean. You shouldn't need to use magic to do normal things, you know."
Hana's behind Kendall and Sens at a far enough distance, sitting down on a nearby chair while playing her games.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: January 21, 2016, 03:24:49 pm »

((You forgot Esi and "getting people to leave you alone via giving useless statistics literally every other sentence".))

Esi, meanwhile, is doing a thing! That thing is existing. Good stuff, existing.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:26:55 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: January 21, 2016, 03:26:14 pm »

"Not with Ray and Lidia? That's a surprise. Sen, this is Hana. Hana, Sen."

((Yes, but as far as he's concerned, it isn't really magic and more of just a weird quirk.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: January 21, 2016, 03:27:08 pm »

((Hana just sleeps on people.))
Hana yawns for a bit, before waving at them.
"Hi."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: January 21, 2016, 03:27:41 pm »

((You forgot Esi and "getting people to leave you alone via turning into a sword and almost cutting them to ribbons".))
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: January 21, 2016, 04:03:03 pm »

"Sounds kinda concerning then, I mean forming some sort of enclave won't really help them integrate into society."
He finally manages to sink another shot, this one being one of those easy balls near a corner pocket but puts too much force into it, sending the cue rolling away past an infuriating position and into a slightly inconvenient one. Presumably the score gap is still about the same as before.
"And yeah, this place really does look more like a college than just a school. And honestly, I'm not really surprised they blow cash on the those two, most of the people I've met seem to have some skill in combat assuming their magic doesn't already cover it. Seriously, the only person I know who hasn't really fit that would be Hana. And she still turned into someone heavily armored earlier. Really, they look to me like they're relying too much on their damn magic, and that's what's turning them into outcasts. Don't want to listen to people? Create a dome around yourself. Want to introduce yourself? Fucking pyrotechnics. Want to ask a question? Magically influence the person."

"Fuck if I know. I think you're onto something though. The Inquisition would jump on anybody who used their powers too obviously in normal society. Given the kind of people in this place, that's a big problem for them. They'd rather be the king of their own little enclave than some nobody in the wider world. I can see the appeal though. My magic isn't all that useful except in certain situations. But if you could teleport around or fly or whatever, you'll probably want to use that instead of public transportation. Or if you could summon food whenever you wanted or something. Why go in normal society if you can do useful shit like that?"

The gap is definitely narrowing, but that just might be a random fluctuation. Sens is still in the lead of course and as the table gets cleared she feels like she is having an easier time maintaining it. Except when she hits a little too hard and accidentally sets up another easy ball for Kendall of course.

"Fuck! Well, I don't know if you've checked them, but the higher-level courses definitely sound like something a college would teach. Which makes sense. Someone like you or I could just go to a normal university or something. But if you're a monsterperson you don't have that option so... What else are you supposed to do if you want to get educated? I doubt that you could get a good degree online, whereas you could always join the Inquisition after getting one from here."

"Hi."

Sens's eyes narrow slightly and she doesn't wave back to Hana.

"Hi. You're one of Kendall's friends then? He did mention you earlier."

Quote from: NPCs
Activate!

"..."

It appears that Nurse Lovejoy has a visitor. Probably to pick up their medications for the week. A good chunk of the student body needs this drug or that chemical to act like regular people and not terrible monsters after all.

((Well, they just could make it so that people wouldn't want to do that. By which I mean surgically replacing everyone's libidos with a Xanling.))

((Xanling?))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: January 21, 2016, 04:05:35 pm »

((Xantalos?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: January 21, 2016, 04:06:57 pm »

"Fuck if I know. I think you're onto something though. The Inquisition would jump on anybody who used their powers too obviously in normal society. Given the kind of people in this place, that's a big problem for them. They'd rather be the king of their own little enclave than some nobody in the wider world. I can see the appeal though. My magic isn't all that useful except in certain situations. But if you could teleport around or fly or whatever, you'll probably want to use that instead of public transportation. Or if you could summon food whenever you wanted or something. Why go in normal society if you can do useful shit like that?"

The gap is definitely narrowing, but that just might be a random fluctuation. Sens is still in the lead of course and as the table gets cleared she feels like she is having an easier time maintaining it. Except when she hits a little too hard and accidentally sets up another easy ball for Kendall of course.

"Fuck! Well, I don't know if you've checked them, but the higher-level courses definitely sound like something a college would teach. Which makes sense. Someone like you or I could just go to a normal university or something. But if you're a monsterperson you don't have that option so... What else are you supposed to do if you want to get educated? I doubt that you could get a good degree online, whereas you could always join the Inquisition after getting one from here."

"Hi."

Sens's eyes narrow slightly and she doesn't wave back to Hana.

"Hi. You're one of Kendall's friends then? He did mention you earlier."

Quote from: NPCs
Activate!

"..."

It appears that Nurse Lovejoy has a visitor. Probably to pick up their medications for the week. A good chunk of the student body needs this drug or that chemical to act like regular people and not terrible monsters after all.

((Xanling?))
((Would Magnus need that specific drug?))
No sig yet

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: January 21, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »

((A: Don't quote the entire post. Just the relevant parts. It's much nicer and more readable that way.
B: It's your character. You tell me.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: January 21, 2016, 04:08:35 pm »

"I know him, I suppose."
Hana is as honest as possible. And undressing Sens with her eyes.

Lovejoy looks up, flips quickly through her book, and grabs a bag of meds, handing it to her.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: January 21, 2016, 04:09:22 pm »

Magnus heads to the nurse's office to pick up a drug his parents said he would need in order to blend in
No sig yet

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: January 21, 2016, 04:10:52 pm »

Aine begins looking for Kendall he enjoyed when he last talked to him
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 507