Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact #9  (Read 779 times)

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Artifact #9
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:55:53 pm »

A helpful dwarf made a bar/block bin from turkey bone.  Oakenseared the Gulf of Strapping, a Bar/Block Bin <turkey bone> <#9>.

What is the #9 part?  I don't remember seeing that on an artifact ever.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Artifact #9
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 12:59:51 pm »

It's assigned to a stockpile.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:47:22 pm »

As jwoodward48df said, the bin has been assigned to stockpile #9, which happens to be a Bar/Block stockpile. This is a proper dwarven usage of artifacts.

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:20:38 pm »

That should have been more obvious to me.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 01:15:26 pm »

Well... I can't think of much use for an indestructible bin... at least you got an extra bin without using wood/metal?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 02:47:06 pm »

It's flammable. Get an unlimited supply of water and a bit of magma. Set the bin on fire using the magma, drain the magma away, prepare to flood the room with perpetual water. Reroute all invaders through that room. Seal them in. Release the water. Watch goblins drown and burn at the same time.

Edit: Dwarf Fortress may or may not have turned me into a psychopath, as I actually find elaborate death traps fascinating.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 09:29:44 pm »

Set the bin on fire using the magma, drain the magma away, prepare to flood the room with perpetual water. Reroute all invaders through that room. Seal them in. Release the water. Watch goblins drown and burn at the same time.
I'm not sure that would actually work - if the bin itself is on fire, I believe exposure to water just extinguishes it. If you want a perpetual fire that cannot be extinguished, you need a flammable artifact inside another bin (since the bin prevents its contents from being put out).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 04:02:29 pm »

Ah, true.
Sigtext!