Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Kuwait Airlines scraps all flights between New York and London, because no Israe  (Read 5665 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

In a reaction to the US Authorities threatening with a lawsuit, Kuwait Airlines has decided to scrap all flights between New York and London.

Reason for the lawsuit is the complaint of an Israelian citizen, Eldad Gadd. This person tried to book a flight to the US with Kuwait Airlines in 2013, but when he wanted to complete the transaction, he found out that the Kuwait Airlines booking software does not accept "Israelian Nationality". So he was unable to complete the transaction and book a flight.

After he filed a complaint with the international airspace authorities, the American Department of Transportation asked Kuwait to rectify this.
The reaction by Kuwait was "in our country, it is forbidden by law to do business with jews".

The US Authority responded by saying this was inacceptable, and that any airline company that wishes to operate in the US, will have to know that the US does not tolerate any form of discrimination in their airspace.

They gave the Kuwait ailiner 15 days to respond, and and alter their policy, or they would face criminal charges.

The Kuwait response was to scrap all flights from New York to London.

We should have let Saddam Hussein keep Kuwait back in the days  >:(

Seriously

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

That moment where you realize that continuing to prop up the authoritarian dictator who gassed minority populations would have probably resulted in a better outcome for the region.

Of course it would have been even better for Iran to remain as a stable mostly-civilized democracy. Or not, 'cause even hindsight isn't 20/20 if you're the CIA!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that Saddam didn't recognize Israel as a state, so, I don't think it would have mattered.

Besides, we'd have released Kuwait as a state when we invaded in 2003 and toppled Saddam.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, but Gulf War II: Burning Oilfields Boogaloo under that scenario would probably have resulted in an equally destabilized Kuwait. That, or Saddam with continued U.S. backing would have steered clear of overtly anti-Israel action for the most part to keep those sweet American dollars flowing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Thankfully parts of government still function properly even when idiot politicians say trash like "we should forbid all Muslims entering the country". That sort of thing is still illegal by US law whether a far right wing politician is calling for it or not. Otherwise I agree the sentiment. US politics is pretty hypocritical about these things. I've heard the US government described as a multi-headed, tentacled beast before, with different departments having completely different attitudes & policies on an issue before.
That, and it fucks with everything it gets its hands on. :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, but Gulf War II: Burning Oilfields Boogaloo under that scenario would probably have resulted in an equally destabilized Kuwait. That, or Saddam with continued U.S. backing would have steered clear of overtly anti-Israel action for the most part to keep those sweet American dollars flowing.

I don't remember any burning oilfields in Gulf War II though...

We're deep into alt-history here anyway and if Saddam torched the oilfields on his way out in the first one, he could very well have used the same tactic in such an alt-history scenario.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Seems weird to have a news thread without the actual news article.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/17/aviation/kuwait-airways-flight-israeli-passengers/
As far as I can tell the anti-Jewish element is entirely fabricated, the law is against doing business with Israelis.  The US has similar laws against North Koreans.

e: The airline's reaction seems like the only reasonable way to comply with the laws of both countries, I'm not sure what the alternative would be
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:36:40 am by Leafsnail »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

oy vey it's like another shoah

AKA: A pretty reasonable action blown out of proportion and with "antisemitism" slapped on it in order to stir up the controversy money.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Because there's no stateside call for the complete extermination of muslims and Israel has no history of aggression and/or terrorist acts, of course ::)
1) The states would not actually do that. If they tried it, they would be very quickly get out of power by the hands of federal forces.
2) Israel has a long history of living alongside people who openly call for murdering every single jew and have been constantly attempting to make that a reality by bombarding them with terroristic missile strikes and sending in madmen with knifes to randomly kill anyone they see, while simultaneously being subject to lingering anti-semitism sentiments from the world (as can be seen in the sheer amount of UN's anti-Israel resolutions). Their "aggression" and "terrorist acts" are perfectly justified.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oy vey it's like another shoah

AKA: A pretty reasonable action blown out of proportion and with "antisemitism" slapped on it in order to stir up the controversy money.

I find it odd that the title is "Kuwait Airlines" when frankly. What is the Airlines doing wrong? Should it break the law of its country?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to see so many of you are one trumped up news article away from supporting genocide

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because there's no stateside call for the complete extermination of muslims and Israel has no history of aggression and/or terrorist acts, of course ::)

Completely irrelevant.

I find it odd that the title is "Kuwait Airlines" when frankly. What is the Airlines doing wrong? Should it break the law of its country?

Yeah, Kuwait Airlines isn't the problem. Kuwait is.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can anyone source the anti-Jewish thing at all? Because inserting something into a news story so you can advocate genocide is fucking disgusting.  This is among the worst threads I have ever seen.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does it advocate genocide?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) The states would not actually do that. If they tried it, they would be very quickly get out of power by the hands of federal forces.
2) Israel has a long history of living alongside people who openly call for murdering every single jew and have been constantly attempting to make that a reality by bombarding them with terroristic missile strikes and sending in madmen with knifes to randomly kill anyone they see, while simultaneously being subject to lingering anti-semitism sentiments from the world (as can be seen in the sheer amount of UN's anti-Israel resolutions). Their "aggression" and "terrorist acts" are perfectly justified.

1) You Russians and your violent coups. jk But yeah, nobody (at least nobody in politics), not even Trump, is calling for extermination of Muslims, and besides, much of the crazy stuff coming from Trump wouldn't get through Congress. He doesn't exactly have a lot of friends in Congress.

Can anyone source the anti-Jewish thing at all? Because inserting something into a news story so you can advocate genocide is fucking disgusting.  This is among the worst threads I have ever seen.

Point to where anybody is advocating genocide because I don't see that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:21:24 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5