Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284667 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2520 on: September 21, 2017, 01:04:24 am »

Let's go grab an extra sword arming sword most likely patch up my armor if possible to increase effectiveness and get some general equipment and weaponry maintenance stuff. Also, try to get a better idea of...what this Omega legion place is like? How are people eyeing me up? Should I be worried about any of them potentially attacking me for now?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 21, 2017, 06:45:17 am »

Go to the armory and make them give me a greataxe and an arbalest.
The big hairy fella in there is unimpressed by your demanding attitude, but he hands you the weapons anyway. "Anything else?"

Whoops, thought you said Len and Ington were the Spider's name. What I meant to ask is what if the guys we have to protect die?
"If that happens, the return gate to Omega Base will deactivate. You will be stranded there. You'll probably die. If you don't and somehow survive the horde, well, then we'll come and get you. Contrary to popular opinion, Omega Legion does value competence in accomplishing mission objectives. And we certainly value assets that are able to survive difficult experiences. However unlikely that last bit may be."

((Feel free to ask these questions while requisitioning your gear, if you have any gear to request. You don't have to do each in separate turns, for brevity's sake))

Locate the armory and see if I can find a suitable weapon, but don't be too picky. Also may as well hide the plants where I can find them later on my way.
You are informed that you may select an open room from any of the rooms down the various hallways and tunnels along the outer rim of the canyon. You go and select one (let me know any preferences you have) and store your plants there. s for weaponry, the quartermaster eyes you up and down approvingly. He then starts making suggestions and laying out equipment for your inspection. You have a wide range of options, but most recommended are: A sturdy helmet, a pair of hardened gauntlets, a throwing net, and a leather apron that covers your front and back but leaves your arms and legs free of obstruction. "Got any requests on special features, Big guy?' the QM asks.

Let's go grab an extra sword arming sword most likely patch up my armor if possible to increase effectiveness and get some general equipment and weaponry maintenance stuff. Also, try to get a better idea of...what this Omega legion place is like? How are people eyeing me up? Should I be worried about any of them potentially attacking me for now?
Well, your armor is nowhere to be seen, so you get an ordinary version of hte same, and a an arming sword. The maintenance equipment as well. As for the other Omegas ... They seem to be keeping their distance for the moment. It's hard to read how you will end up interacting with them in time.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: September 21, 2017, 07:12:15 am »

Do you have anything I could use? Im not able to use weapons or armors, as they are too heavy for me. If you have something with magic or some kind of tool... Anything would be better than going with nothing.
Ask for magical gear, tools or anything else I could use that is not a weapon or armor. Potions? Books? Anything works.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: September 21, 2017, 04:17:07 pm »

Do you have anything I could use? Im not able to use weapons or armors, as they are too heavy for me. If you have something with magic or some kind of tool... Anything would be better than going with nothing.
Ask for magical gear, tools or anything else I could use that is not a weapon or armor. Potions? Books? Anything works.
Omega Legion is pretty open ended when it comes to magical items. I have a pretty active imagination, a lot of experience with the fantasy and sci fi worlds, and access to a wealth of information via the interwebs and a little creativity. So, I could design an entire suite of applications for your character, to make him extremely badass, while not negating the fact that he is, in essence, a big ol' floating eyeball. BUt I don't know what kind of stuff yo uwant for your character. I am inviting you to get creative, get specific, and come with suggestions on items.

here, let me get the ball rolling:
types of items your character could easily handle:
some kind of tiara.
a shroud
a dip in a pool of magical fluid
small items like gems, crustals, coins, matchbooks, etch. these require active use of your telekenisis to keep on you  though.
Ritual tattoos with particular effects. these were granted to another player at one point as well.

Types of effects:
repulsion field.
energy
mutation
spell slots
communications
summon bigger fish
the list is practically infinite.

Now, bear in mind that, just because I gave you a few sugetions here, doesn't mean I am gonna deck you out in superwizard garb. You're still a rank one character, eh? anyway, feel free to make lage-ish requests, and if I think they are OP, I will suggest alternatives that are more in line with your character strength.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: September 21, 2017, 04:50:36 pm »

What about a pointy blue wizard hat that gives me a bubble shield sort of thing or improves my magic?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: September 22, 2017, 12:38:39 am »

"No."

Ready for mission.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: September 22, 2017, 12:58:05 am »

What about a pointy blue wizard hat that gives me a bubble shield sort of thing or improves my magic?
((Get an enchanted contact lens! :)) Possibly one that was worn by a giant (or other large race) wizard at some point?))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: September 22, 2017, 08:52:00 am »

((Get an enchanted contact lens! :)) Possibly one that was worn by a giant (or other large race) wizard at some point?))   
Great idea

Can I have an enchanted contact lens that grants me some sort of protection or a bubble shield and a pointy blue wizard hat that gives me some bonus to magic?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 22, 2017, 11:40:21 pm »

Hey, have another spare:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 23, 2017, 11:31:20 am »

Mission thread: Len and Ington verses the Anx
I'm pretty proud of that title, yo.

Mission Thread, y'all.
head on over there and start goofing off. Or, you know, actually trying to advance the mission.

there is still time to fiddle with last minute details here though, jsut do that on the other thread as well. for now:
Great idea

Can I have an enchanted contact lens that grants me some sort of protection or a bubble shield and a pointy blue wizard hat that gives me some bonus to magic?
You get teh nerdiest looking giant contact lens in history. It consatnly emits a small stream of bubbles, which float around you mysteriously. It does not obscure your vision, however. Please note this lens in your charsheet, and the hat as well. The blue pointy hat sits a little low over your iris and a little over your pupil, obscuring vision a bit. It's a little large for you. attempting to slide it back so you can see tends to unbalance it so it slides right off your ... orb? I guess? So, to reap the rrewards of the blue hat, you must accept that it will be a cumbersome and inconvenient item. You have yet to discover the magic bonus it has. Please do so now. else I will be forced to roll on a large, random table for it. maybe several tables. And when I do that, I tend to amuse myself.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: October 09, 2017, 07:04:17 am »

It's October. Halloween event time.

Much hype?
Or mostly just trembling in terror / resignation and sadness, all hope gone from your souls and all color drained from your lives?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: October 09, 2017, 07:22:22 am »

A bored, blank stare, followed by two words: "Bring It."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: October 09, 2017, 03:21:48 pm »

A blank robotic face, followed by the words: At least it will be more interesting than babysitting these kids

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: October 10, 2017, 05:52:06 pm »

*puts on hockey mask*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: October 10, 2017, 09:12:28 pm »

You want to do it on the base? Cause PYLON would be hilarious in a Halloween event.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 194