Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284766 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2340 on: May 22, 2017, 06:21:27 pm »

((@Sy - this char has an absurd number of hidden mechanics. amongst other things, it doesn't level up normally. also, look at its stats and skills, and know this - its not a caster.))

((I'm wondering if being 'not-a-caster' means 'can cast spells, and doesn't have to use specialization slots to do so like other casters.'  Hence, Better than a caster.  It's also not terribly reasurring to not be allowed to know anything about a potentially objectionable character.))

((There's also the question of how you cut someone to pieces with your bare hands while having -2 to strength, speed, and dex.  That sounds iffy.))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:13:58 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 23, 2017, 01:35:20 am »

RCBMCHMADFAM is awake now, but doesn't really have a brain to think using at the moment, at least in the normal sense. The demon's essence follows the most basic survival instincts available. It also feels something off about... itself, but is unable to ponder this mystery.

Spread out as much as possible and hope some of myself lands on something that can think.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 23, 2017, 03:50:49 am »

((Also, egan, I'm not sure how you can have -2 Con without a body.  Wouldn't Con be required to infect things with functioning immune systems?))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:05:49 am by Devastator »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 23, 2017, 07:32:22 pm »

((I want to start a Pas'qet fan club. Pas'qet is simply wonderful.))     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 24, 2017, 01:13:00 am »

Alright, I'm gonna make a few rolls this turn and decide the outcome of this high level battle.

... the rolls were
4, 6, 3
6, 6
5, 6

So, after a short, brutal fight, in which Captain Grey is wounded and incapacitated, the two divine beings lock into a stalemate, face to face, claw to fist, blackness to lightning, destruction to storm. This buys the time necessary for the ritual at the center of the Omega Plateau to complete, and the entire canyon complex glows in a brilliant light for several moments. when the light fades, the Dragon is nowhere to be seen. Lightning arcs into the idol, and that divinity is bound as well. the storm clears instantly, leaving mud and puddles on the floor of the canyon. No additional damage occurs to Omega.

RCBMCHMADFAM is awake now, but doesn't really have a brain to think using at the moment, at least in the normal sense. The demon's essence follows the most basic survival instincts available. It also feels something off about... itself, but is unable to ponder this mystery.

Spread out as much as possible and hope some of myself lands on something that can think.
(4) some of you lands on a rat. Some of you lands on a centipede. Some of you lands on a roach.

I'm gonna go ahead and put it to a vote: ye or ne - should I allow Lenglon's character as is, with secret mechanics, unbalanced stats and skills, and all?

feel free to pm your vote.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 24, 2017, 01:23:32 am »

((I'm confused, where exactly is Lenglon's new character sheet? My eyes are tired and I cannot find it.))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 24, 2017, 01:39:40 am »

No on general principle, Yes if you quantify exactly why this is allowed and let me abuse it myself.
I think it's a bad idea, but I'm happy to try my very best to break the game and prove that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 24, 2017, 01:41:41 am »

((It's in the charsheet thread, separated from Aylia by a horizontal line.))

((Dev, again, it's a non-caster. I'm not doing weird lawyery phrasing, it doesn't cast spells. It could theoredically learn to, but right now it has no casting. The magic skill is due to (background reasons) + (hidden mechanics reason that probably wouldn't roll magic anyway and I didn't ask Oz about it). The character was crippled by Omega after it was caught and captured. It previously had roughly +0 to +1 in physical stats and martial skills, and it acted as an ambush predator targeting the vulnerable))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: May 24, 2017, 01:50:46 am »

((Leng, that's a lot of description about the character, but those sentences don't say anything about what it does and how it works.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:52:56 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: May 24, 2017, 01:53:45 am »

All three shards instinctively try to take over the bodies they land on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 24, 2017, 02:07:58 am »

((Oh, right, that thread. I should really make a post in that thread myself, come to think of it.
As for the character, what little information there is seems painfully sue-ish, but it's hardly the worst ever in that regard and mechanics-wise I see little reason to complain. Although I guess I don't pay a whole lot of attention to mechanics to begin with, so perhaps my opinion isn't worth much. I'm not sure I like the lack of transparency, though, but I doubt the character will last overly long and I'm sure things will be made clear after it explodes in a burst of magical energies along with several teammates, any civilians in the vicinity and no doubt a large chunk of Omega/wherever a mission happens to send it.))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 24, 2017, 02:10:34 am »

((@Dev - yes, almost as though I was keeping it hidden or something. It did answer your actual question though.))

((Egan - The mechanics involved are exploitable. not gonna lie. thats why it has the massive penalties to all combat stats and skills. It is effectively limited to ONLY the hidden parts for it to function. and it can, just barely, function entirely off of them. The reason it can is it is capable of buffing others (not itself). It will be heavilly reliant upon teammates for pretty much its entire Omega career.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 24, 2017, 02:17:00 am »

((Buffing.  I wonder if that means you're going to be sitting inside other characters.  If someone else's physical stats are the only ones that matter, it would seem like the set of -2s are meaningless.  It might also mean mind-based debuffs, rendering your character invisible by being able to beat the mind of whatever looks upon you.  Or invincible, by preventing the muscles or mind of anything that attacks you from working.  With a +4 will, I don't see how any other stats would be necessary.

Rereading the intro, an ambush predator that doesn't attack physically and has a +4 will.  I think you've made a brain-jacker.

A couple other things stand out.  It doesn't level up normally, but it could do stuff later that it can't do now, which implies that it has another method of gaining abilities.  I'm betting the +4 will is the only actual stat necessary for that as well, such as allowing your character to steal the abilities of others.))

((Now I could be totally wrong about all this, it is naked speculation, but I don't know what you have because you aren't talking.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:30:16 am by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 24, 2017, 02:29:27 am »

((Nope, physical attacks. Like I said Dev, its a non-caster. how hard is that to understand? I intentionally inverse min/maxed the character.))

((in response to your edit: the will stat isn't used . It just shows the char is basically mind-control immune. you'd think I was sensitive about that kind of thing...))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:31:48 am by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 194