Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284892 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #2145 on: April 09, 2017, 12:55:05 am »

((Drew a bord.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 09, 2017, 07:02:41 am »

"I know about Mom, yeah. She's an elf, bit of fey blood in her, likes animals. She... I think she raised me alone? but that might just be my altered memories. But she taught me most of the things I know about the Fey. Taught me how to shoot too. She's a kinda scary-good shot with the bow. I had to figure out my shifting on my own though. Taught me almost everything I know, really."
"Do you remember your mother as being alone? If you believe she was alone, that might indicate that the father was not around. But if, looking back, you simly can't tell if another person was there or not, then likely he was, but has been hidden from your sight. From your words, sounds like the former. Hmm. Not having a father around ... could explain some things, I suppose. But I'm no student of Elfin nature. Nor of the Fey, really. Ah, looks like our mind diver has arrived." A very tall, very gaunt man with sunken eyes walks into the room. He looks like the type that would peer into people's minds - or their very souls. Unnerving. he is quiet, glances at you briefly, then sits down, eyes slightly averted.
Nikon, this is Aylia. Aylia, this is Nikon.

the man looks your way and extends a hand in greeting. "A pleasure." He says, softly.

Noir quietly shook their Head.
Do above.
alright. Off you go. I am told that the Asylum is expecting you. I suppose you had a rough experience out there. They'll tend to you if you like.

((Drew a bord.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nice!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 09, 2017, 11:08:58 am »

"Likewise."

I shake the offered hand gently.

I repeat the situation for our newcomer's benefit.

"Please find out what you safely can."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 09, 2017, 11:14:50 am »

I already know what I safely can. This procedure comes with risk, for both of us.

For example, I could imprint on you, or you could imprint on me, or both. I could upset the balance of your mind, leaving you aimless, or obsessed, or indifferent, cold, overly feeling. I could damage other memories or create false echoes of things not real.

How much risk are you willing to endure for this information?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 09, 2017, 11:20:26 am »

...Head...to whatever that asylum is.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 09, 2017, 11:21:17 am »

"Moderate is acceptable, low preferable. I need confirmation that I haven't had a hidden compulsion placed upon me, and to salvage what lost information is readily available. once that is done, a re-evaluation of risk needs to occur. If payoff potential is high, then higher risk could be acceptable, but if not, then there is no reason to proceed further."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 09, 2017, 11:30:31 am »

...Head...to whatever that asylum is.
You are greeted by a rock construct in a monk's robe. It has no face, or arms. it looks like a mobile snowman made out of rock, wearing a robe.

"Moderate is acceptable, low preferable. I need confirmation that I haven't had a hidden compulsion placed upon me, and to salvage what lost information is readily available. once that is done, a re-evaluation of risk needs to occur. If payoff potential is high, then higher risk could be acceptable, but if not, then there is no reason to proceed further."
Very well. Relax and Clear your mind of worry, stress, or fear. if it helps, concentrate on ... on your mother. If it would help more, think of a sunlit day filled with flowers and butterflies. I prefer tall grasses, dirt, and beetles, myself. Spiders, too. Very graceful creatures. Very relaxing.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 09, 2017, 11:35:19 am »

Noir looks at the rockman and quietly breathes..breathing slower and slower...her head hurt now.....a frown started to crease her lip and her ears slowly went down.
"....where do...I go?"
Do above.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 09, 2017, 12:36:36 pm »

I relax, thinking of the joy of flight, of the comfort of Mom's hugs, of the freedom of knowing nobody knows Im there, and sense of really, truly knowing, what something is likr, from many different perspectives.
I relax, and letNikon work.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 09, 2017, 01:48:07 pm »

Noir looks at the rockman and quietly breathes..breathing slower and slower...her head hurt now.....a frown started to crease her lip and her ears slowly went down.
"....where do...I go?"
Do above.
The rock creature's head swivels toward the door. it then moves inside the courtyard, heading toward the central building.

I relax, thinking of the joy of flight, of the comfort of Mom's hugs, of the freedom of knowing nobody knows Im there, and sense of really, truly knowing, what something is likr, from many different perspectives.
I relax, and letNikon work.

Your thoughts move about, through your memories, through your joys, through your discoveries. Your thoughts turn toward your latest mission and the being there, toward your early life and your mother, and toward your transient nature - your shapeshifting, your aloneness, your wanderings.

"Aaaaah." A thin, dark line unravels, and you remember again what you know, or don't know, of your father.
"The devil missed an opportunity with you. There was hardly anything to remove." A slight movement, as of someone shifting in their seat. A moment later, you look up, but you are alone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 09, 2017, 01:56:03 pm »

"The devil missed an opportunity with you. There was hardly anything to remove."
((Well that's tragic.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 09, 2017, 02:15:27 pm »

((not unexpected though.))

I have a pretty big list of side actions to run through, so let me know if you want to speed things up at any point to prep for another mission.

I check on my portrait, put all my gear away except my collar, and the star sprite locket on it from my star sprite that died last mission. I set that aside as well, but accessableon my bed, and shift to star sprite form. I then seek out the star sprites so I can learn what I need to know to get to and from Omega base.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 10, 2017, 11:40:43 am »

((There's a fair chunk that I wanted to say, but I'll leave it at "Dar only has -1 intelligence".  I'll also ask that you stop writing in second person, as in general I dislike my characters' actions being described with "you".))

Dar stares at the man for several seconds, eyes narrowed and ears drawn further back.  When he speaks, his voice is annoyed, almost sarcastic.  "This one does not expect it to understand.  Did it not asked for one capable of understanding?  One which understands metal, as Twoleg, but magic in addition?  Such a creature is what Cat needs.  Does Twoleg know of any?"

Request information.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 10, 2017, 01:13:00 pm »

"Happy statement: this one's confidence in your abilities was not misplaced, dear gentlegnomes."

Take my new floating staff out for a walk. Go see how that foreman guy I've talked to a few times now is doing.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 11, 2017, 08:30:18 am »

Follow rockman to the courtyard I suppose
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 194